Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

== The XMas donations thread ==

Post by gm_al » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:55 pm

Ok, here it is.

After all the brabbling I am here once again to ask for your donations. XMas is coming soon, and the WOK servers need to keep warm. :P

I will start with a good example and spend $15 to ensure one month of server time for WOK.

According to my stats on the 'donations' page, we will need about $170 more to keep WOK alive and running in 2004, maybe even more if our needs in bandwith and webspace (and 24/7 support) should increase with our new additions.

I can accept PayPal and -new- eGold for your donations.

Free eGold account here:
http://www.e-gold.com/

Please use the PayPal donate button on the donations page
http://www.kaomaris.com/donations.htm

or donate to my eGold account 1042102.

Watch out that PayPal charges me 30 cents + 3,9% fee, so it makes little sense in donating under 5$ Im affraid. eGold only charges a 1% fee and might be a good alternative, even for small donations. As usual, 100% of your money (- fees) will be used to pay for the server bill and domain name. All donations are tracked and their full use is listed.

The Top-3 fund raisers will each get a limited and signed copy of the original El-Barachmi warrior sketch (Egbert also gets one, I promised him last year for the champs and forgot later on) on hard paper and delivered free to their home mail.

See the picture of the El_Barachmi here:
http://www.kaomaris.com/ccg_001.jpg

Brykovians recent $15 donation will also count towards the Top-3, so he doesnt have a disadvantage.

PS: The El-Barachmi was an early concept for the WOK CCG of an illustrator I had met on a game fair. She was pretty good, but it turned out she never was satisfied with her work and therefore never finished all the sketches planned. What a shame.... if you happen to know anyone able to deliver the same style and quality, make sure to point them towards WOK right away !

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:27 pm

I am happy to report the first donation has arrived on our shores....

$40 from Bjorn Toulouse !!

WOW, never expected that - thanx a million man !

Can you hear the XMas bells ringing ?? :P

*wrapping the El-Barachmi sketch*

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:08 am

The XMas miracle..... we have a new top donator !

I am very thankful to announce a

$60 donation from Hannibal !

This means a big step ahead in our efforts to cover the 2K4 costs. This is a happy day for all of us !

So far we have Eg, Bryk, Bjorn and Han in race for the El-Barachmi sketch... you have up to the end of the year to get your donation rollin' !

THANX AGAIN HAN !!

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:44 pm

Another donation came to our shores !

$15 from MORIDIN !!

Thats more good news, although I fear we are still some $50 short of what we might need for 2004 (maybe even more if our bandwith and webspace need upgrades).

So keep' it coming - the donations run is still open until we have it covered !

Thanx again, Moridin - I am proud to have such a formidable Player and friend in my Clan.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:25 pm

Now read this.... a nice spender that wishes to remain anonymous has been donating

$90

and therefore secured our server for the rest of 2004 !!

I will not reveal who he/she is, but you always can try and guess.... anyways, Im very thankful !

This means the donation race for the El-Barachmi sketch is over, everyone that has been donating and that wishes to receive his copy please make sure to mail me your snail mail address !!

:P

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:18 pm

Good news - I just paid another year of hosting with MBSHost. As usual their customer support was top notch and very friendly.

Hosting prices remained unchanged, and I was able to whine us an extra free month :P

Ill update the donations page accordingly.

As GM Chris will be our first subdomain subscriber, we need two or three more to ensure continuous cost covering.... now wouldnt that be great ? :roll:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:34 pm

Small correction: they gave me a free month within the time bought, so I got a year of hosting for the price of 11 months.

Which means hosting is effectively $13.70 a month. Ive corrected the donations page accordingly.