There's Something Rotten in Kaomaris....

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:41 pm

Dameon wrote:TK, you never filed a complaint with the GMC. In fact, we never officially made any decision here, except to advise Taker when he came to us. The simple fact is Taker couldn't award a 3-way split in light of the circumstances because the players did not agree to it. If Nesty and Massie did, then you'd have 1 VP right now- obviously they did not.
I didnt think a GM could award a 3-way split anyway. That would have to be a GMC decision. In which case of course the players might disagree...

Dameon wrote:In any case, no GM can award VPs without complete player agreement. Now, obviously you didn't agree with Taker's decision, which means you COULD file an official complaint with the GMC. If there are facts that Taker left out (which I find hard to believe) or was not aware of (possible) then we can review your case. However, do realize that unless these facts have some bearing on the implementation of the 8-city rule, they aren't likely to have an effect on what to this point has been our opinion/advice.
Actually this isnt about Taker at all. I think his conduct has been admirable. Its yours that I find fault with (now theres a shock :wink: ). It turns out that GH did not know about Strider being ejected under Taker's rules - something that you and I have talked about on the boards! For sure that would have an effect on which rules were in play at the time in question! But you decided not to mention it in GMC discussion? Or even to ask someone (Taker maybe) what really happened?

:roll:

Cheaters never win, and, oh wait...

TK

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:58 am

GMs can award 3-way splits when there are extenuating circumstances, and yes, with GMC approval. We as the GMC told Taker we had no problem with a 3-way split if all players agreed. They did not. With that in mind, Taker decided to award 1.5 VPs each to Massie and Nesty; a decision which the GMC simply advised on when we were told that letting the game continue was not a feasible option.

As for the rest, Strider never issued a complaint with the GMC when he went M-3. YOU never issued a complaint with the GMC when the VPs were awarded. Ergo, the VP distribution in this game was not a GMC decision. If you wish to make it an issue you know our emails TK! All this pontification on the boards is relatively moot. If you feel GH was poorly informed it is only because you chose to complain here on the boards instead of to the GMC. I am done commenting on this topic unless it becomes a GMC concern, period.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."