Hi, I'm Hannibal

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Hi, I'm Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:31 am

Greetings from a newbie, yclept Hannibal.

I've been meaning for a while to join in the Banter of the Boards. Thought I'd better introduce myself.

I hadn't tried any PBeM, nor PBM, but Nestalawe intrigued me into giving WOK4 a go. It's a great game! And a really interesting community, from the boards.

I chose the name Hannibal. It has a sort of built-in excuse - you know, noble and brilliant military strategist, despite being doomed to suffer defeat.... I nearly chose "Titanic", which has a nice ring to it, and similarly has a built-in excuse (enjoy the first half of the voyage, 'cos it ain't gonna last), but then I noticed the habit on these boards of abbreviating players' names and didn't relish what Titanic would be abbreviated to.....

I've started in 2 games. Han is flying Solo at the moment, because clanmates Dameon, Bjorn, Strider and Raven, though very welcoming and helpful, tend to restrict their actual playing to WOK5 rather than WOK 4. So I could do with clanmates to play alongside in WOK4. So, if any would-be recruit is Browsing the Boards, join Valn Ohtar clan!

After all, I understand that Valn Ohtar IS the best clan, with the best Strategy Tome, loved and respected by all, right? (That should prompt a reply or two...).
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Re: Hi, I'm Hannibal

Post by Undertaker » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:53 pm

Hannibal wrote:Greetings from a newbie, yclept Hannibal.

I've been meaning for a while to join in the Banter of the Boards. Thought I'd better introduce myself.

I hadn't tried any PBeM, nor PBM, but Nestalawe intrigued me into giving WOK4 a go. It's a great game! And a really interesting community, from the boards.

I chose the name Hannibal. It has a sort of built-in excuse - you know, noble and brilliant military strategist, despite being doomed to suffer defeat.... I nearly chose "Titanic", which has a nice ring to it, and similarly has a built-in excuse (enjoy the first half of the voyage, 'cos it ain't gonna last), but then I noticed the habit on these boards of abbreviating players' names and didn't relish what Titanic would be abbreviated to.....

I've started in 2 games. Han is flying Solo at the moment, because clanmates Dameon, Bjorn, Strider and Raven, though very welcoming and helpful, tend to restrict their actual playing to WOK5 rather than WOK 4. So I could do with clanmates to play alongside in WOK4. So, if any would-be recruit is Browsing the Boards, join Valn Ohtar clan!

After all, I understand that Valn Ohtar IS the best clan, with the best Strategy Tome, loved and respected by all, right? (That should prompt a reply or two...).
So you're not the same Hannibal from back a ways, who joined games only to go M-3 in them?

Well then, welcome. It'll be fun for the First Family to have somebody new to smack around. :twisted:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:35 pm

I must add that Han (there you have your abbreviation - ALREADY !) deeply embarassed me with a message he sent me on how cool WOK games are and how much he enjoys them. :P

Good to see some new blood around getting active. I bet we will see a lot more coming before XMas....*hint, hint* :roll:

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Re: Hi, I'm Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:30 pm

Undertaker wrote:
So you're not the same Hannibal from back a ways, who joined games only to go M-3 in them?
No, certainly wasn't me. I guess it's not too surprising that someone else chose such a noble name. I hope I don't get the leftovers of any illwill he left behind! Maybe I SHOULD have chosen Titanic as my monicker.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:00 am

Hannibal is the real deal. I've never seen someone new to the game ask so many questions. He's going to be a good one when he grows up. :)

Besides, would you expect anything less from someone in VO?
Never laugh at live dragons...