*ALL GMS READ* Beware of the INIs....

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

*ALL GMS READ* Beware of the INIs....

Post by gm_al » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:01 pm

Some Players pointed out a problem regarding INI and POP files to me. Here it is:
Sometimes a GM re-does a map, or finds a bug in it (like a neighboring bug), or he thinks his initial values are not good. So he sends me an update of the INI file and I post it with an 'Update' sign in MapCentral. The problem is that other GMs do not look after their INIs and if they are still 'correct' - they downloaded the INIs long ago and are still using them for new games.

What can we do ?

1. IF YOU START A NEW GAME AS A GM, MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE INI OF YOUR MAP AGAIN FROM MAPCENTRAL BEFORE YOU RUN EVEN THE INITIAL TURN !!
2. Id be pleased to hear which POP maps are not corresponding 100% to their INIs. Just send me an updated POP file if you see a problem.
3. I take the current INIs from MapCentral for the VALID ones. I definitely hope Im right.

This *might* also explain some of the things that happened around that famous POP 'bug' that still haunts me like a ghost. (If anyone except me mentions the word POP BUG again I will e-slap him/her)

ThinKing

Re: *ALL GMS READ* Beware of the INIs....

Post by ThinKing » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:16 pm

gm_al wrote:This *might* also explain some of the things that happened around that famous POP 'bug' that still haunts me like a ghost. (If anyone except me mentions the word POP BUG again I will e-slap him/her)

So what do we call it now? The POP 'feature'?? :lol:

TK

trewqh

Re: *ALL GMS READ* Beware of the INIs....

Post by trewqh » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:24 pm

Thin_King wrote:So what do we call it now? The POP 'feature'?? :lol:
POP phenomenon :P

trewqh

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:42 pm

I think we should call it a pop-fly.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here