Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Call to arms

Post by gm_al » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:19 pm

Hi,

this will be a quick thread.

1. WE NEED NEW GMs !! I have ONE newbie wanting to try so far, more are needed to get things running more smoothly again. Also I call in on all GMs to open new waitlists NOW. Thats an order, soldier.
2. Anyone knows anything about Piggy ? If not Id like the GMC to get discussing his games now. The clock for KaoBase elimination is also ticking.
3. WOK6: I was 'busy' those last weeks (some would say different things), in fact I needed a break from coding for a while.... let me just say I consider WOK6 to be 65% finished, and maybe Ill get to give it a bit more time soon. The WOK5 bugs seem to be crushed at last. WOK6 playtesting could happen.... very soon.
4. I still have a few jobs to fill. Im mainly looking for some illustrators, and some guys with PHP/Perl skills to help me out on a few things.
5. Did you join one of our $$ programs downlines yet ? :wink:

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:00 am

I really want to try GMing, but I have no internet connection at my place yet (my student loan has gotten really screwed up so money has been a little tight). As soon as I do, I'll definitely give it a try.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Re: Call to arms

Post by Mullog » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:09 pm

gm_al wrote: 1. WE NEED NEW GMs !!
4. I still have a few jobs to fill. Im mainly looking for some illustrators, and some guys with PHP/Perl skills to help me out on a few things.
New GMs? I've been thinking of that. It sounds fun to look at WOK from the inside. But I'm not ready yet. Maybe around christmas or january. Then I will have five months at home looking after my newborn. Hopefully I will have some spare time when she is not crying...
And PHP is part of what I do for work, so I might be able to help there too. What are you looking for?

Mullog
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:31 pm

You have mail.... 8)

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:05 am

Yea, I kinda feel the same way Mullog. I think that I would have the time but the drive I'm not sure of. The last thing that I want to do is be a half-ars GM that doesnt run turns and dissappears of the face of the earth.

Finals are in 2 weeks then we start a new quarter. After I get settled in for the 2nd quarter(as I'm gonna have a major kick in the junk) I may give it a try. I have more credits next quarter; why did I sign up for SpanishII? And after todays impressive showing in Statics, I know I have to give school a little more time. :( :(

Whatever happened to piggy anyways?
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:09 pm

Al, what form is the WOKManager in?
If I could see the source code, I might be able to edit it, compile it for linux, actually be able to run it on my computer and maybe even be able to set up a nearly automated GM.
Of course, I'd still need to write the commentaries. ;)

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:07 pm

WOK4 was done in old QBasic :roll: Dont ask.

WOK5 is a VB6 application, WOK6 will also be.

I would only share source code if this was a serious attempt of porting it to linux - of course an AUTO-GM on the Kaomaris server would be a dream !! But dont underestimate the task.

Interestingly, VB6 can load up the QBasic code of WOK4 too - it would even be possible to re-new WOK4 under VB6.... if only I had some time for this. :roll:

So at last I see a few of you coming out of the dark and offering some coding help. Thats good news I guess !

Im still very open to any PHP/Perl coding and WOK Manager porting suggestions and help, plz post here or mail me.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:40 pm

I can feel a Basic-to-C converter being used at some point in the near future, after I've learnt some more C...
Maybe if I rewrote it as a shell script? (that's a linux .bat :twisted: )
Auto-GM is still a way away yet, but I think I can see how it may be possible, possibly not on the server yet though.

Of course, the alternative is to run the manager under an emulator, but I just feel that that'd be cheating.