Community Aid: Jobs in WOK

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Community Aid: Jobs in WOK

Post by gm_al » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:19 pm

Here is a list of all current jobs and tasks I would like to have filled. If you enjoy our games and can help the community in any way, please make sure to post and/or contact me.

1> PERL Coder
Tasks: KaoBase upgrades, new scripts
2> PHP Coder
Tasks: board maintenance, board upgrades, help run the Kaomaris server, new scripts
3> Head of WOK Marketing
Tasks: make WOK popular, recruit new Players, present WOK around the World, help organise the WOKCONs 2K4 (more of that later)
4> Illustrators
Tasks: enrich the WOK pages and games with fantasy and RPG art, help set up the WOK styleguide
5> WOK Storyline Editor
Tasks: organise and collect everything that is written around WOK, with the goal to have something published. Run a site/page (kaomaris.net ?) that reflects the rich background of all WOK stories and describe the WOK history
6> Head of HTML
Tasks: check all pages within the community for possible upgrades and improvements, contact GMs for dead links etc., improve overall web performance
7> Head of Content
Tasks: improve all pages that reflect WOK content (ie. the glossaries), check for errors, keep track of all developments (ie. updates of a manual, new rules that need to be communicated etc.)

So there you have it. Id be happy if more then the usual WOK helpers would stand up and actually offer a helping hand. If you dont have any of the skills needed, keep your wallets tight for the Xmas collection to help running the WOK server.... :D

PS: WOKCONs 2K4 (one in Europe, one is the States) is one of my aims for next year. I have more plans, lets see how WOK6 will do.

Mr_Piggy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Mr_Piggy » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:46 pm

I can't do any of them, as I am not good at any of those things.
Mr Piggy!

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:40 pm

Useless Pig :P

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:52 am

LOL@Funtastick

Ok, Al. Put me down for Marketing. Pig, I could use an assistant.

Marketingassistant Pork perhaps?
First one here, last one to leave.

Mr_Piggy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Mr_Piggy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:34 am

alright, I'll help you out Duke :)
Mr Piggy!

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:14 am

Alright Piggy, that's the spirit, you're on.

I could use an American as well (since KaoCons are involved and I dont think Al pays for my flight over there)

Ok Al, let me know if you give me the job as head of marketing.

You want one person, I give you a department :wink:

Btw, wasnt "The nutty professor" the story line editor? He is online from time to time. Just wanted to check. He has a tendency to get annoyed when you go over his head with desicions :roll:

About those coding jobs. Could someone tell me what type of Call of Cthulu monster that ate Count Henri? We sure miss him over here.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Re: Community Aid: Jobs in WOK

Post by Polymorphic » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:24 am

1> PERL Coder
Tasks: KaoBase upgrades, new scripts
2> PHP Coder
Tasks: board maintenance, board upgrades, help run the Kaomaris server, new scripts
I don't actually know either of those languages, but if you'd give me a few months, (along with having to learn Java and C for Uni) I could try to learn them.
3> Head of WOK Marketing
Tasks: make WOK popular, recruit new Players, present WOK around the World, help organise the WOKCONs 2K4 (more of that later)
4> Illustrators
Tasks: enrich the WOK pages and games with fantasy and RPG art, help set up the WOK styleguide
5> WOK Storyline Editor
Tasks: organise and collect everything that is written around WOK, with the goal to have something published. Run a site/page (kaomaris.net ?) that reflects the rich background of all WOK stories and describe the WOK history
Ok, my personal/drawing/writing skills are laughable. :lol:
6> Head of HTML
Tasks: check all pages within the community for possible upgrades and improvements, contact GMs for dead links etc., improve overall web performance
7> Head of Content
Tasks: improve all pages that reflect WOK content (ie. the glossaries), check for errors, keep track of all developments (ie. updates of a manual, new rules that need to be communicated etc.)
You're looking for a critic? I could do that! (Maybe not at the same time as learning Java, C, Perl and PHP though.)
If you dont have any of the skills needed, keep your wallets tight for the Xmas collection to help running the WOK server.... :D
Hey, I'm a student...

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:19 pm

Poly, IMPROVING content actually means re-doing parts of the pages we see online, or at least suggesting to the people that run them what is wrong and how they could do it better. So it takes good HTML knowledge at least.

Learning Java, C(++ I guess), PHP and Perl 'on the fly' ?? :lol: I wish you good luck.... I had my first day of VB.NET today, and even as a long-time coder in a variety of languages I was overwhelmed. Believe me, it takes years of experience in a single language to master it in a way that allows you to code things like the KaoBase properly.

Come back though next year, we will measure what you have learned by then ! :wink:

@Dukieboy (and Piggybear): you got the job. :P Make sure to add a WOK info paper to every Nilfisk you sell.... :twisted:

Ill add the link to the new marketing department when I find some time for it.

@WOK stories: Nick is away, so I dont want to lose things until he returns. I was thinking that maybe Bjorn could pick that up.... :roll:

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:59 am

Yes, switch from the guy currently living amongst bears to the guy who is actually named bear (björn = swedish for bear). :)