Site update - and more

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Site update - and more

Post by gm_al » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:38 pm

After a refresh of my usability knowledge Ive decided to use some of it and improve the web appearance a bit.
+ slightly new design (conform to over 100 usability rules !)
+ faster load times
+ looks good even under 800x600, with MOST browsers
+ update of quite a few pages (signup, newbie help page etc.)

A few things I noticed:
* WOK5 manual wasnt updated (?) to V3.30 - just in the zipped package from the files page. Corrected that.... :roll:
* Hey, Oinkmaster - there is the PIGGY BANK in WOK5 - did u notice that ??!! :P
* there still might be 0,5% of all visitors that will complain their browser doesnt display the page or menu bar correctly. Frankly - bad luck for you. Start IE or NS if you visit us.
* the WOK5 Manager problem: while I checked the WOK5 history page I noticed that with V3.30 I had introduced a slightly larger save file in WOK5 (some GM settings are saved along) - this COULD have been the cause of the failed POP values in the game we had/have (what happens with this ?) when the GM updated from a pre-V3.30 to the latest version....

Also WOK6 is making giant steps now. Want me to spoil some of the fun ?
* MapMaker now will help for the Setup of the Warriors.... :roll:
* who needs text turn reports when you can have something better ? :wink:

I promise this one will rock. Beta testers get ready to discuss army building very soon.... 8)

Mr_Piggy
Trooper
Trooper

Re: Site update - and more

Post by Mr_Piggy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:14 am

[quote="gm_al"]
* WOK5 manual wasnt updated (?) to V3.30 - just in the zipped package from the files page. Corrected that.... :roll:
* Hey, Oinkmaster - there is the PIGGY BANK in WOK5 - did u notice that ??!! :P
quote]

no, what's the piggy bank?
Mr Piggy!

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:39 am

>> Phase Vf : Hey, some order input ! And some surprises here too... you now have an account with the KAOMARIS CENTRAL BANK (KCB but we call it the "PIGGY BANK" !) and you can put or withdraw some money from it now.
That's the Piggy bank.
First one here, last one to leave.

Mr_Piggy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Mr_Piggy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:25 am

cool. What's it good for ;)
Mr Piggy!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:15 am

gm_al wrote:* the WOK5 Manager problem: while I checked the WOK5 history page I noticed that with V3.30 I had introduced a slightly larger save file in WOK5 (some GM settings are saved along) - this COULD have been the cause of the failed POP values in the game we had/have (what happens with this ?)
After six turns including 3 reruns and a computer crash my group was dissolved. The other one was Seth's 1 and I'd better not say anything more about this group...
when the GM updated from a pre-V3.30 to the latest version...
Well, I had the problem but I surly started with v3.30 (not updated to it) while Seth surly started his group with an older version and updated to the new one.

trewqh

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:57 am

How about you try again ? :roll:

Or maybe go for a WOK4 Group ? We could need a few games on the waitlist.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:05 am

trewqh wrote:
gm_al wrote:* the WOK5 Manager problem: while I checked the WOK5 history page I noticed that with V3.30 I had introduced a slightly larger save file in WOK5 (some GM settings are saved along) - this COULD have been the cause of the failed POP values in the game we had/have (what happens with this ?)
After six turns including 3 reruns and a computer crash my group was dissolved. The other one was Seth's 1 and I'd better not say anything more about this group...
when the GM updated from a pre-V3.30 to the latest version...
Well, I had the problem but I surly started with v3.30 (not updated to it) while Seth surly started his group with an older version and updated to the new one.

trewqh
I restarted the game with the updated version so there were no files that went from old version to new. If that helps on the understanding, and players check your emails.

Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:50 pm

gm_al wrote:* there still might be 0,5% of all visitors that will complain their browser doesnt display the page or menu bar correctly. Frankly - bad luck for you. Start IE or NS if you visit us.
*hiss of indrawn breath*

As you may see from my desktop, I can't run IE.

http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/ may interest some of you...

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:56 pm

LOL - veeery disturbing screenshots, man.... (I hate to see three messenger windows open, maybe you are that kind of ultra-communicative guy ? Or is it just good Clan organisation ? :roll: )

Stop tempting me and other WOKitos to post screenshots of their desktop ! :P We did something similar at work once and it actually was great fun. The desktop really reflects your personality in some strange ways.... (maybe I should post a Pic of my shared internet access with XBOX Live running in the background hehehehe - anyone for a MechAssault live match against me ?)

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:30 pm

Two MSN messenger accounts (one for WOK, one for my real friends ;) ) and one ICQ (because it isn't owned by Microsoft).

But then, a 'what does your desktop look like' thread might be rather interesting...

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:58 am

I should have one MSN account for "real" friends as well. Duke isnt really what I am called in RL.

Who am I kiddding. Other then you here I have no friends. :bigcry:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:15 am

Your kitchen and your hardware-stripped boss - you forgot those two friends, Dukieboy ! 8)

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:01 am

Ah but you may be mistaken. Within hours I expect a call from a company named Nilfisk-Advance. If I get that job my future is paved with gold. How about an immidate 30% raise compared to my current salary, plus additional salesbonus AND any company car I want. I know, your thinking fast, cab and no back seat. I KNOW my wife is thinking big, impossible to parallell park with and close to indestructable in an accident.

Sort of like -03 Viper vs. -84 Impala

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:18 am

Nilfisk = vacuum cleaners ??

*imagines Duke travelling the country, going from house to house selling vacuum cleaners - LOL, any piece of technology in Dukes hand makes me laugh*

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:06 am

Duke wrote: Sort of like -03 Viper vs. -84 Impala
My dad actually owns a 77 Impala, and it handles rather well when compared to my 89 Bonneville, but then again nothing beats the 82 LeSabre with a V8 425 engine w/ a 4 barrel, man that thing can haul assets but then again, my Bonneville beats it off the line everytime! Ah the fleet.... and I do mean fleet, my dad has his name on just about 10 cars now.....

82 Buick LeSabre
77 Chev Impala
83 Chev Caprice
89 Pont Bonneville
90 Chev Lumina
90 Chev Corsica
92 Chev Lumina Euro
90 Chev Celebrity
92 Mercury Sable

My dad is the only guy in town that I know of that stocks motor oil, headlights, tires, oil filters, fuses, etc in his own personal garage. And the best part, he's not even a mechanic! He's an ASE certified Counterman for a local Parts Company. But none of you want to hear about the fleet...
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:29 am

*wonders how this thread was hijacked....*

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:06 pm

Duke wrote:How about an immidate 30% raise compared to my current salary, plus additional salesbonus AND any company car I want.

Duke, we all hate you. Stop it.

(good luck!)

TK

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:29 am

gm_al wrote:Nilfisk = vacuum cleaners ??

*imagines Duke travelling the country, going from house to house selling vacuum cleaners - LOL, any piece of technology in Dukes hand makes me laugh*
Yes indeed that Nilfisk.

However, it gets even funnier Al. The vaccum cleaners are sold by different people. I will be selling the HEAVY machinery to industial clients. Yes, that means demonstrating them and answering to technical questions 8)

Will be meeting their swedish CEO on wednesday. Hopefully I get the green light then.