a return and an apology

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Calidus
Commander
Commander

a return and an apology

Post by Calidus » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:52 am

I FINALLY have managed to get my computer up and running again. It took a zap during a storm shortly before my departure more than a month ago. Since I am not currently independently wealthy, I have to do my best with getting this dinosaur fixed and running again. (for now)

I wanted to let any that care know that I have returned. I have already sent an email to my clanmates, apologizing for leaving them hanging as I disappeared. Again, Nestalawe and Gravemaker, I apologize for letting those VPS slip away. (Looks like I sit the sidelines during the champs again this year. *sighs*)

I also want to apologize to GM Egbert, GM Ryan, and GM Matt for seemingly being abducted by aliens. I had no intentions whatsoever of leaving those three games hanging in the balance, especially in the position that I was in in all of them. (truly frustrating) All three GMs ran flawless games (while I was there) and I wish I could have finished them.

One last apology to the other players of the games that I went MIA in. I apologize for not being there to whip your sorry butts (collectively). :twisted:

-Calidus

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:07 am

Try to have better control over the thunderstorms in you area next time. :wink:

Seriously, there is a gadget you can buy to save you from those things. You connect the modem cable (if you are using a modem) and you power cable to it and then you connet the thingy to the outlets. If lightning wants to fool around with you it will be stopped by the gadget and wont get to your computer unless your house gets a direct hit. Then I dont think any gadget in the world will save you (ever seen a house that has been struck by a direct hit?)

On the money thing. I am sure that wealthy big shots in the IT industry would pay good money to look at your computer and remeniss (sp?) about when they started with that exact equipment back in the early 70:ies.
First one here, last one to leave.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:02 pm

Welcome back Cal, good to see you back in the game!

Looking forward to meeting up with you again.

See ya soon!

Allister

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:37 pm

Good to have you back, Calidus. Just in time for the Clan Champs (if that thing ever starts).

TK