Forum thought

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Forum thought

Post by Polymorphic » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:00 am

I had a thought, (sarcastic comments?) when asked by Gaz to confirm my clan. Surely as this forum is used only by WOKers it would be sensible if we had a 'Clan' option similar to the 'Location' one underneath our avatars?
Or would adding it in be too much effort for too little gain?

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:59 pm

Good Idea

Apologies for not realising that someone at Oxford must be a Scholar!!!

I was actually to lazy to chase the info up.

:oops:

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:33 am

I'm all for that idea.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:05 am

Great idea. But you need TWO things below Location : clan allegiance/mercenary, plus what your GM name is if you're a moderator, thus killing 2 problems with one stone.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:44 pm

bobroscow?

First post is refering to GM names and etc? Have you been lurking this game for a while or? :wink:
First one here, last one to leave.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:01 pm

The Kai-master is not all knowing? He does not know that bobroscow is really the (now not so) secret identity of the new Valn Ohtar recruit Hannibal? I suppose I should have suggested he join the message board under his "nom de guerre", but it sure makes it easy to remember his email address.

As the first true new recruit for Valn Ohtar he has been helping us set up the clan training ground. He has a lot of good ideas. I need to make the time to work them into our clan stuff, but with the Cubs playing for the pennant now my game time is about as scarce as yours. At least I can sneak in a few minutes at the message board during lunch.

Hmmm. I also need to work The Duke of the Guard into my Eg4 story line. (Bjorn wanders off, muttering to himself......)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 pm

"nom de guerre"
War name?

Just me trying to turn french(?) into spanish into english again.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:55 am

Bjorn wrote:"nom de guerre"
Gnomes of the Guard? Do we have any of that sort Sal?

And no, I didnt know that Bjorn, nor do I know Hannibal but I do recognize that someone is named that :)

And the Kai master stuff is more of a reference to a bookgame which was popular in sweden when I was around 12-13. I am surpriced that Fredo hasnt made a comment about it yet. Never visited Magnamund Fredo? I am sure you have.
First one here, last one to leave.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:48 am

Duke wrote:
Bjorn wrote:"nom de guerre"
Gnomes of the Guard? Do we have any of that sort Sal?
Well we've got Smashface haven't we. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:16 pm

Duke wrote:I am surpriced that Fredo hasnt made a comment about it yet. Never visited Magnamund Fredo? I am sure you have.
Oh, but off course I have. I just haven't cared to comment on it as us people of Sommerland are of the strong silent kind. :)

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:52 pm

Duke wrote:
>bobroscow?

>First post is refering to GM names and etc? Have you been lurking this game for a while or?

OK, I'm slowly getting the hang of this, I think. I mean the message boards rather than the game!

Yes, I'm new and I'm Hannibal, a name I chose because he was brilliant but lost......, a sort of built-in excuse. After my early position and start in my first game, I nearly changed my player-name to Titanic.....but then I noticed the penchant in these boards for abbreviating players' names, and didn't relish what Titanic would surely be shortened to.....probably even more appropriate than "Hannibal"!

Ive figured out why I came up as bobroscow and not Hannibal, and fixed that. Maybe I've discovered how to insert a qoute (I'll see when this gets posted - just checked Preview, nope, no white box), but how do I get a picture below my name on the boards?? I was thinking of the elephant symbol Bjorn found for me, rather than a sinking ship.....Then, thus armed, I'll feel equipped to appear on other threads!
Oh and I threw in "penchant" just to cause another small flurry.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to