Introducing.... GM TOBY !!

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Introducing.... GM TOBY !!

Post by gm_al » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:51 pm

I am proud to bring you the newest addition to the GM community: GM TOBY aka Nesty the warrior :P

He brings a new map with him ('Nestaria') and all is set to get even more games on the road. Give him a few days to learn how to use the managers and then get ready to storm his waitlist !

Nesty, the GMC should contact you soon and help you with all problems you might still have. Plz feel free to contact me anytime in case something bothers you.

Welcome again GM TOBY !!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:47 pm

Good luck Nesty :D

With what I experinced: you'll need it :(

trewqh :P
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:31 pm

trewqh

You are just unlucky shall we say.

My group 01 has run without any major problems and I think only 1 turn was run late (and then by only 24 hours as I was ill).

Is there any chance of you recovering your group 01 data?

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:46 pm

Aussie Gaz wrote:Is there any chance of you recovering your group 01 data?
If not I'm sure Eg and I wouldnt mind another starting position... ;)

TK

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:35 am

Yeah if you give the Scholars a third chance maybe they'll manage to actually sign a NAP with at least one player this time eh? :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:12 am

Aussie Gaz wrote:trewqh

You are just unlucky shall we say.

My group 01 has run without any major problems and I think only 1 turn was run late (and then by only 24 hours as I was ill).

Is there any chance of you recovering your group 01 data?
Check my post on General disc. forum. Anyhow I need a new HD and I can't even predict when can I get my parents to buy me one.

I, now, am using my brother's computer. But using his to run the game is unfortunately not an option.

trewqh
trewqh

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:05 am

trewqh wrote:Check my post on General disc. forum. Anyhow I need a new HD and I can't even predict when can I get my parents to buy me one.

trewqh
Have your parents buy you one?

Boy, these kids nowadays!

8)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:24 am

Saladin wrote:
trewqh wrote:Check my post on General disc. forum. Anyhow I need a new HD and I can't even predict when can I get my parents to buy me one.

trewqh

8)
Reformat, repartition and start again, it's what I have to do (regularly).

Nestalawe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nestalawe » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:34 am

Cheers Al.

Trewqh, I should be sweet, as I will be working from a laptop without Internet access, I will Have to copy files across and from my work computer, which will mean I will always have three copies of everything (laptop > floppy > work computer) in case something crazy happens...

So yeah, will be having a bit of a playto make sure I can do things, then a new WOK 5 game will be open, with a new map as well ;)

Ciao all then...

Toby / Nestalawe'
Last edited by Nestalawe on Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:44 am

Saladin wrote:

trewqh

8)
I don't get it. And the first thing I do when I can't understand someone's reply is wonder if I wrote what I meant. This is a foreign language for me afterall.

trewqh
trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:54 am

Polymorphic wrote:Reformat, repartition and start again, it's what I have to do (regularly).
This is what I tried. But the very next day when I turned my computer on I had a few exception errors and managed to run Win only after a couple of times. When I finally got win to run I had a different problem. I left the computer for a couple of minutes so it went to ssuspension mode (is that the name?) when I touched the mouse to wake it up it restarted itself. My assumption is that when the HD was to increase it's rotation speed (right expression?) it didn't stand it and rebooted the system. So I guess the ovferheating did something physical damage. Reformatting everyday is not something I'd like to do.

trewqh
trewqh

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:07 pm

Kill the sleep mode for your hard disk and your monitor...it sometimes hangs up the system, plus you don't need it. :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:53 am

Aussie Gaz wrote:My group 01 has run without any major problems and I think only 1 turn was run late .

Umm, what about this turn? :wink:

Are we waiting on vote results or anything? What you say is true, you've been one of the most reliable GMs for running turns that I've played under but I seem to have dropped into WoK limbo here (Of course the only other game I'm in is Seth's so this could be slightly my fault. What's up with that Seth? I emailed you a week and a half ago but no reply...)

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:55 am

Korexus,
THere have been several things hindering my running the turn, but, I'll not bore the community with them here, I'll put them in the email I'm sending out with the Turn 3 Reports....

Seth
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.