More email problems.

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

More email problems.

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:27 am

OK, now my email server has gone AWOL. Unfortunately, not in time for me to blame it for missing Matt's kaonauts turn, but it could cause problems for the World and Wisconsin.

Fortunately, those lovely university computer people are generally pretty good at fixing problems, but it is the end of term so they might not bother...

Gaz, could you send my most recent turn to krisfitz@hotmail.com so I can send you some orders?

Seth, I believe you said we didn't need to send any orders for the rerun, so I won't need last turn's report from you. However, If my email's still down when the turn runs, please send it to the above address.

If anyone else wants to talk to me (hey, it's possible!) Please message me on the boards instead. That account picks up a load of junk and so if I'm not expecting an email it's likely to get lost in the junk mail folder.

Thanks,

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:02 am

I have the possibility to instell web-based email accounts on the Kaomaris server.... although I never did it for several reasons.

If enough people are interested I could set things up. Works pretty much like hotmail and you would get a @kaomaris.com email.

It sucks up on server space/traffic though and needs quite some maintenance, so I doubt I could offer it for free.

If we have enough people that want something like this (after all our server is ad-free, fast and quite reliable) I would need someone to moderate and maintain all the accounts - and get his webmail account for free in return (just a suggestion)

It would also allow the community to generate some bucks on a regular basis, which cant be bad to pay the server bills. A win-win situation really.

So how many of you would be willing to spend $1 - $2 a month for an account ?

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:32 pm

If anyone cares, my email is back now. Those lovely people at OUCS did their job after all! :shock:

As for your idea Al, I like the thought of an @kaomaris.com account. It certainly would help keep everything together. The price sounds pretty reasonable too (As I recall, my another.com addresses cost £20 a year) the only problem of course, is that it adds yet another address to the huge list I have to check every day or so!!

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability