Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

WOK-Day 2K3 - BRING'EM BACK & BRING'EM IN PART II

Post by gm_al » Wed May 07, 2003 7:55 pm

Hya all,

June 1st will see the 4th online anniversary of WOK (yes, believe it or not, we arrived in 1999, getting kinda old) and so its about time to kick off the dust and start to get ACTIVE again.

After all, we want games, games, games !!

So here is my call 'for duty'. Anyone that actually DOES one of the things I mention below should immediately post in here.

1. GMs - open new games. Speedgames, X-games, Regulars - we all want them
2. ALL - get those friends into WOK. NOW !
3. $$$ - keep donating, help us pay the server bills
4. WSC - mail those 'lost souls' that once roamed our lands and bring them back

We all heard the names of those that have left our shores. Some ask 'Why did they go ?' but Ill answer them 'They will eventually be back.'
No, not all of them (and we dont really want SOME of them back) But quite a few left us to seek out new games or just to find a new challenge.

And then, quite a lot have stayed YEARS with us, making this place a great community and giving us a great (and sometimes hard) time.

So there you have it. Its BRING'EM BACK & BRING'EM IN time PART II.

What will we be able to achieve before June 1st ? Can we show the world once again that we are far from being DEAD ?? :roll:

(Mail me if you have any birthday surprise you want to realise)

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed May 07, 2003 11:23 pm

Missilemania is winding down, so I will open a new game before too long!

Not to mention I'd like to get in on a game, two in this scoring period won't get me many VP's, if any.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 08, 2003 2:30 am

Here ya go!

New WOK 4 Group open!

http://rawkaomaris.0catch.com/GMRyanGroup4.html

Email me at rawyzf@msn.com to join.

GM Ryan / Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

COMEBACK!

Post by Ecrivian » Thu May 08, 2003 4:35 am

COMEBACK!

New WOK V Game + MAP!

All you WISCONSINITES email me asap for a spot!

GM Seth

gm_seth@email.com

http://www.angelfire.com/wi3/kaomaris_ec/GroupOne.html

PS game won't start until after this weekend, so like mid May, just till i get things settled and back home from my first year away at college
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Thu May 08, 2003 5:30 am

I seem to recall a rule saying I can't open another waitlist until my first game is complete.

True ?

trewqh

Re: COMEBACK!

Post by trewqh » Thu May 08, 2003 6:15 am

Ecrivian wrote:COMEBACK!

New WOK V Game + MAP!

All you WISCONSINITES email me asap for a spot!

GM Seth

gm_seth@email.com

http://www.angelfire.com/wi3/kaomaris_ec/GroupOne.html

PS game won't start until after this weekend, so like mid May, just till i get things settled and back home from my first year away at college
Ec, I think you should add it to the Kaobase, because it's not listed there.

trewqh

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu May 08, 2003 8:52 am

AG - true. Just ask the WSC (short mail will do), Im pretty sure they will agree for you to open up more games, as there were no problems or complaints so far.

EC, if the WSC agreed to have you back in the GMs list I gladly will put you back into KaoBase. Please confirm that and send me a mailadress and URL of your homepage so we can get things going.

Thanx to all for such quick action. Now lets try and find a few more Players and all will be ready for 'Sweet Summer' :P

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Thu May 08, 2003 4:51 pm

trewqh wrote:
Ec, I think you should add it to the Kaobase, because it's not listed there.

trewqh

Trewqh,
I posted it here because I was once a GM but I had to quit, now I'm back and this was the only way I could post it. Just to answer your question, don't always rely on the KaoBase, it has been down before, I think we should create a back-up for it so we don't have to scramble to build one should it fall again.

Ec

Al, I'll email you with my comments.
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 08, 2003 10:47 pm

Look at Trewqh's and Ec's pic's....they look like the same thing except one is a cartoon and one is real...

I started laughing so hard that they look similar! :D

Cheers,
Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri May 09, 2003 2:53 am

Raw wrote:Look at Trewqh's and Ec's pic's....they look like the same thing except one is a cartoon and one is real...

I started laughing so hard that they look similar! :D

Cheers,
Raw
Raw,

you maybe right that they look similar, but i assure you that my cartoon depiction doesn't look like me for much longer, i'll try to get an updated picture of myself up there shortly for you. :wink:

Ec

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Fri May 09, 2003 2:33 pm

Ecrivian wrote:Just to answer your question, don't always rely on the KaoBase, it has been down before, I think we should create a back-up for it so we don't have to scramble to build one should it fall again.
Hmmm ... I don't remember the last time the KaoBase was down -- seems that whenever the server/website is up, so is the KaoBase. This has been a pretty reliable system, and one that is *much* better than the manually-updated list that Al kept before the KaoBase came around.

I think, Ec ... maybe you were thinking about the AOF senders ... those used to have problems before the switch to the current server. In fact (except for UD's issues), those have been pretty reliable too over the past year.

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Sat May 10, 2003 12:06 am

Brykovian wrote:
Ecrivian wrote:Just to answer your question, don't always rely on the KaoBase, it has been down before, I think we should create a back-up for it so we don't have to scramble to build one should it fall again.
Hmmm ... I don't remember the last time the KaoBase was down -- seems that whenever the server/website is up, so is the KaoBase. This has been a pretty reliable system, and one that is *much* better than the manually-updated list that Al kept before the KaoBase came around.

I think, Ec ... maybe you were thinking about the AOF senders ... those used to have problems before the switch to the current server. In fact (except for UD's issues), those have been pretty reliable too over the past year.

-Bryk
Bryk,
I'm referring to the time when Tomb Raider was still around.... I remember she and I think GM Adam got an alternate back up and running.

Ec

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed May 14, 2003 5:41 pm

Ummm.

Is it down now?

I could access kaobase earlier today, when GM Gaz's turn came in. But now when I want to see the missilemania map I can't load kaobase at all. Anyone else having this problem? Can anyone tell me the address for Undertaker's website? I'll try from another computer this evening, but I'm confused at this end :?

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed May 14, 2003 5:53 pm

I also can't list anything in the Kaobase, only the 'access the kaobase' link works but nothing else beyond that.

korexus, the link you need is:
http://gmtaker.0catch.com/group06.html

But, really, there's no need for you to send any orders this next turn after what you did to me. I'll crush you for that :D , so don't even bother.

trewqh

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed May 14, 2003 6:14 pm

It's back, that was wierd...

Thanks for the link, Trewqh. Very sporting of you. To show my gratitude, I might not kill you this turn.

But that'd be no fun! :twisted:

k.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri May 16, 2003 12:43 pm

Ecrivian wrote:COMEBACK!

New WOK V Game + MAP!

GM Seth

Ec, I emailed you asking for a spot on this game a couple of dyas back and haven't had a reply. If you're still getting settled then never mind, but I thought I'd better check that you got my email...

korexus.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri May 16, 2003 6:57 pm

Korexus,
Got the mail, was going to send out replies today to everyone that mailed me regarding such, and will do so. Will also update the page tonight and maybe, just maybe, stick up that current picture of myself, maybe, we'll see on that one. Also I've been half getting settled back in and half working my arse off at various companies trying to find employment for the summer/working at a temp agency, so that's the delay, turns will be run on a weekly basis and I'll tell you all more about that in the email.

Hope this answers your question my friend,

GM Seth

ADDED NOTE! THE GAME IS NOW FULL I'VE GOT TEN full spots and they belong to (in no particular order)....
  • Strider
    Aussie Gaz
    Korexus
    Massie (who knew?)
    Funtastick
    Lardmaster
    Duke
    Trewqh
    Nestalawe
    Bjorn Toulouse

that is all
korexus wrote:
Ec, I emailed you asking for a spot on this game a couple of dyas back and haven't had a reply. If you're still getting settled then never mind, but I thought I'd better check that you got my email...

korexus.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Mon May 19, 2003 11:07 pm

As for the Kaobase being down:
This is about the third time in the last 2 weeks that when I try to access the Kaobase I get nothing but a blank screen. Don't know if it is my puter or something wrong with the Kaobase but it is annoying when I can't see what is going on in our world.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Mon May 19, 2003 11:11 pm

Nope, it's not just you. I'm getting a blank screen, too. I was able to access it this morning, but not at the moment.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue May 20, 2003 2:03 am

now it's back.
What is going on?
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here