Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

WSC restructure

Post by Goat Herder » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:47 am

Hello everyone,

We have had a series of votes in recent times to restructure the WSC (WOK Supreme Council). Up till now, the WSC has included all GMs, all Clan Heads, plus a number of other people who have contributed to WOK in a material way. The numbers on the WSC has grown from about 10 to its current size of 23 over the last 2 years, and the recent votes will cut that back to a more manageable number.

The new structure is as follows:
-- 1 representative from each clan (ie. any clan with at least 4 active members)
-- 1 representative for every 3 merceneries
-- 1 representative for every 5 long-standing members (ie. players who have been around WOK for 2 years or played 20 games or GMed 10 games)
--- plus GM Al.

By my quick count, that will bring down the numbers on the WSC to approx 13 or 14 people.

I am now inviting all groups to work out who they would like to represent them on the WSC: each clan, the merceneries and the long-standing members.

The people in each clan and the mercs are fairly self-explanatory, so I'll let them work it out their representatives for themselves, but I will try to put together a list for the long-standing members for them to think about.

That's about all. If their are any questions, please hesitate to ask. Either post a message here or send me an Email (lawrence.doherty@dest.gov.au).

Have fun.

Goat Herder
Chairman
WOK Supreme Council
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.

Aussie Gaz

Re: WSC restructure

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:05 am

Goat Herder wrote:
That's about all. If their are any questions, please hesitate to ask. Either post a message here or send me an Email (lawrence.doherty@dest.gov.au).

Goat Herder
Chairman
WOK Supreme Council
I don't think that's what you really mean GH.
:wink:

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Re: WSC restructure

Post by Goat Herder » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:37 am

Aussie Gaz wrote:I don't think that's what you really mean GH. :wink:
Thank you for noticing! :D

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:49 am

Hmm, if you ask me, considering what we had to go through to reach this agreement, that just might indeed be exactly what he means! :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:22 am

Baron Roland wrote:I would guess that, since the new system is based on the 'population' of the WOK community, how often will the WSC be taking the census (and how often will the lists be updated for the "long standing players") to determine how many representatives should be on the WSC, and what happens if the number of representatives shrinks?
Hello Roland,
Lists & people eligible would be updated annually (WSC year is 1 Dec to 30 Nov).

As I see it, the number of representatives would shrink only if existing long-standing players stop being active, or if the number or clans or size of merc pool diminishes. This can be checked before each election as well. The way the new structure is, it means that the number on the WSC will start to grow again and we may have to re-visit the question of reducing numbers again as some later time. Having said that, we will be starting from a much lower base, so it should take a few years before having to worry about it again (unless people have a change of heart and decide the new system doesn't work for some reason or another)

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:56 am

Here is my first cut of the long-standing members (ie, players >2 years, >20 games or >10 games GMed):

2 Years:
GM Al
Dameon
Thin King
Bjorn Toulouse
Baron Roland
Calidus
Underdog
Lord Fredo
Duke
Massielita
Strider
Egbert
Queen Pea
Nestalawe
Tristao
Goat Herder
XWing
Nemesis
Yarosund
Crazy Psycho
Mylantis
Undertaker

I also expect the following to be >2 years, but I don't really know for sure when they started:
Saladin
Raven
Lardmaster
Kaiser Mojie
Allister Fiend

20 games:
Aussie Gaz

There may be others:
Raw, Smashface, Ecrivian, Mason, Ben III, Temujin, Doverish, Gorzag ---not sure whether these fit into one or other category, or in some cases, whether they are still playing. Could clan heads please check the names for me.

Question: What to do about people who have changed their names a couple of times: Ec & Trewqh for example. They may be the same person, but they are a different player.

Also, I cannot seem to find the Mercenery page. Does anyone know where the link to it is? I may have missed some people from there.

Given that my first list is close to accurate, that gives as 21 old-timers. The rule was 1 for every 5 players, rounded down after 4. That gives us 4 to be voted in --- my guess it will be 1 or 2 extra when I confirm the people I'm not sure of.

All additions, subtractions or clarifications are welcome.

Thanks

Goat herder

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:22 am

GH,
Checking my files..... I have hard copy files dating back to GM Larry's Group #8 "The Beginners Champs" the date on that file is October 15, 2001. The map was Caribbean WOK IV. The players in it were...*

Alister Fiend
Tomb Raider
Brykovian
Kiesta
Festuco
Ecrivian
Skarn
Blind IO
Raven
Covenant

*This was the scoreboard after turn 00 from top to bottom

I also got in my first WOK V game that year too when I joined GM Wayne's Group #6 New Hope was the map. And I know that TR and Massie were both in on that one.

Before that I know I played in a game with a guy from Ar-Sereg named Van Chaser, Nick prolly knows when he joined, even tho he's no longer around.

There ya go GH just for the records.... and I determined it that I've been in WOK since about August of 2000 this is veriffied by TBert, we discussed it. Also there's proof that I was in under the name Ecrivian since March of 2001 in the BoV Annuls.

Ec

ps, If I'm not at the 20 game mark already, I'm quickly approaching, certainly in the late teens.
Last edited by Ecrivian on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:22 am

Thanks to Ec for the feedback. As I said, I am not sure about many people. Feedback from others would also be appreciatedif you know the time that you or others started (especially if you are on my "query" list or if I missed you altogether). Please get in touch.

Thanks,

GH
Last edited by Goat Herder on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:26 am

Goatherder

I recieved my first WOK 4 turn on 13 may 2001 but joined before that obviously. Almost 2 years of wok fun hooray!!!!

:lol:

ps I have certainly qualified on the more than 20 games played category anyway.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:17 am

I also omitted some obvious names that seem to have disappeared or are on leave. Ones like Count Henri, Bryk and TBert. If you are still around, pls get in touch.

GH

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:50 am

Mmmmhhh.... thinking about ways to deal with this in an easier way.

Kudos again to GH for all the work and effort he puts into chairing the WSC and developing its structure. I think we never had a better guy for the job !

My suggestions:
- a page with CONFIRMED long-term Players (aka 'WOK vets') This way the chairman needs to to check on those every year
- other suggestion: every Player that looks to be part of the list (GM list, WOK vets etc. - everyone that is supposed to be represented in the WSC) needs to email the chairman (or answer an email from him) with details when once per year the new list is done. This means that if out of the 21 WOK vets only 10 email GH then the WOK vets will also only get 2 representatives in the WSC.

So GH could send emails to the POSSIBLE 'electorate' and only those that answer will be taken into consideration for the count - talk about 'active'..... :)

And where is my veto right ? :P

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:19 pm

this is what I know about the First Family:

two or more years:
Covenant
Undertaker
Allister Fiend
Mylantis

20 games or more:
Allister Fiend
Undertaker? (I'm sure he'll be responding so we'll get it straight)

Well, thats it for The Family! :D
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:58 pm

Goat Herder wrote:I also omitted some obvious names that seem to have disappeared or are on leave. Ones like Count Henri, Bryk and TBert. If you are still around, pls get in touch.
The game that Ec mentions from October 2001 was the second game I joined ... so I'll be at 2 years this coming fall. And I know that I'm not close to the 20-game limit either ...

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:46 pm

Mylantis wrote:
20 games or more:
Allister Fiend
Undertaker? (I'm sure he'll be responding so we'll get it straight)
More like 13 games, 20 if you add the ones I GM'd.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:07 am

In the FRONT please, not in the BACK of the wine closet ! :P

*hick*