Advanced WoK Practice Game

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

Advanced WoK Practice Game

Post by korexus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Well, Xarfei wouldn't stop bugging me, so I added an Advanced WoK practice game to the lobby. It works just like the Standard practice game, except it runs Advanced turns instead. (Whoda guessed?!)

The functionality isn't complete, partly because Advanced WoK is more complex than Standard and partly because I can't remember exactly how I did the Standard game. However, you should have enough to play around with if you want.

As always, only add people who want to play, and reset when you're finished!

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Well, it already pays of.

The Woodsteal spell does not work. I threw it at another player, it went through but it just said "you steal some wood" but i did not in fact steal any wood.

Xarfei

Ultyguy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ultyguy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:57 pm

I tried restarting the Advanced WoK game and I'm not sure how to get it to enter players. It's cleared the players currently in the game, however it always stays on the current turn.

Ulty

PS. Xarfei sorry if you were in the middle of something.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Use the previous turn button or edit the url to go back to before the first turn, then you can add players. I'll try to make the reset button sort out the turn too.

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Xarfei wrote:Well, it already pays of.

The Woodsteal spell does not work. I threw it at another player, it went through but it just said "you steal some wood" but i did not in fact steal any wood.

Xarfei
Fixed. I've also fixed an error in the market place.

The steal spells might still give misleading feedback if the target has none of the thing you're trying to steal. I guess a message to that effect would be best?

In another potiential bug, can anyone remember how Gobet and Tiplap worked? - They give 0.5 extra corn/wood per worker, but is the applied before or after the maximums and minimums are applied?

Chris.

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

I found another bug!

*moment of silence to increase the suspense*

There something wrong with the GCA engine. While it checks e.g. how many armies are left and stops ("All remaining GCAs miss") an ongoing bombardment once all units have been destroyed, this check seems to be missing for the DEFense. I managed to reduce a province's defense down to -0.7 once.

Xarfei