Published games are here!

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

Published games are here!

Post by korexus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:00 pm

The latest addition to the WoK site is the option for all visitors to view turn reports for old games. I have added another status to the list of options, 'Published'. The GM can set this value in kaobase and after this a button will appear under the map on the game page, allowing anyone to view any player's report for that turn.

I've published my 'Battle for Africa' game, so you can see what I mean.
http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... 302#action

Since it is likely that some players won't want their reports to be public, I've not automated this option. GMs can use their discretion as to whether a game should be published or not, maybe we should even restrict the number of published games, so new players have a handful of useful records to study.

Discuss.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:04 pm

This will I am sure frighten the living daylights out of the players who secretly use spies against players in violation of NAP. Mind you it would make it easier for newbees to see who they can and cannot trust!

So when Risk World is done publish it cos I want to know which slime ball hit me with spies. I have a suspicion but no evidence. Give it to me!

Sorry, getting carried away here.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Vortan wrote:So when Risk World is done publish it cos I want to know which slime ball hit me with spies. I have a suspicion but no evidence. Give it to me!
2 things on this point.

1) Some players use spies to keep their EFF up, unless you have a NAP with every player on the map, it could be that you were picked on at random by someone you didn't deal with.

2) The headhunting rule means that no one could have spied your home province this turn. Any other province wasn't yours at the start of the turn, thus whoever did spy on you could claim it wasn't a breach of NAP anyway as they didn't know you would take the province. (And it could even be true!)

Whilst there probably is the occasional breach of NAP with spies. the benefit would be small this early in the game and NAP breaking is taken pretty seriously in the community. - So be careful before you start slinging mud around! :)

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:38 pm

When you are up to your eyes in the slime pit of life you cant help but sling it about as you move. Your okay as long as it doesn't stick (or smell!).

No offence was intended, anyway I am knew and I know nothiing. :wink:

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:10 pm

korexus wrote:NAP breaking is taken pretty seriously in the community.
And that's your typical example of an English understatement. :)

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Vortan wrote:This will I am sure frighten the living daylights out of the players who secretly use spies against players in violation of NAP. Mind you it would make it easier for newbees to see who they can and cannot trust!

So when Risk World is done publish it cos I want to know which slime ball hit me with spies. I have a suspicion but no evidence. Give it to me!

Sorry, getting carried away here.
Let me know who your naps are with, and their terms, and I can tell you who spied you that first turn! :twisted: