WoK Wiki

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

WoK Wiki

Post by korexus » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I think you're going to like this one...

The latest addition to the World of Kaomaris site is a user editable wiki. (For those of you who are a bit old, this is like a glossary but users can edit the entries to make them more useful.)

There's not much there right now as you guys can do the rest of the work for me, now the framework is in place. Go to http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... me=wokwiki (linked in the community section of the main menu) to check it out.

To improve an entry, click on the edit button when looking at it. If you put two sets of square brackets around a [[word]] that will signal that the word should be defined and it will be displayed as a link, you or somone else can then define it. If you think something should be defined but not linked from any of the current pages, send the details to me and I'll bung them up.

Finally, I edited the code a bit, so if something has already been defined, you don't need to put the square brackets in, that's just to call for a new definition. You can also link manually by inserting a bit of HTML into the article.

Well, that should be about as clear as mud. Enjoy!

Chris.

PS, here is Egbert's original glossary, for anyone who wants to get editing stuff. http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4_glossary.htm
Last edited by korexus on Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:03 am

Well this wiki is great!

It's great fun adding things to it...everybody should try it!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 pm

Glad you like it, I see you found your way round the commands easily enough.

Editing wikis is suprisingly addictive, take a look, modify things you think need changing. Before long we'll have a really good guide to WoK for new players and a reminder for the vets.

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability