User Info

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

User Info

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:45 pm

When on a game page there is a link to a players info/stats. It's real useful... except that the e-mail address doesn't display real well.

Since most of the game communication occurs via e-mail... it may be a good idea to fix that. Also a note on the game page that says that player info can be found by clicking their name.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Erm, this was deliberate, to help reduce the amount of spam you all got from having your email address posted all over the internet...
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Make the names clickable only to people logged in. :P

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:40 pm

You want a running count of pr0n, spam and just downright weird links I get sent from bots which have signed up to WoK?

My favourite is the dutch wok producer bot which creates an account, then uses it to ask me to advertise its site every couple of weeks...

Kikkertje
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Kikkertje » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:21 pm

Yeah, spambots indeed are capable of such things.

Some websites use random digit or letter codes to fill in as a password to download something. If you make it so that when you view a member's information that you first have to enter such code. Maybe that can stop a spambot from spamming its spam around?

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:22 am

But wouldn't that be more hassle than copying the address as is and exchanging dots for real dots and so on in your email? :)

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Sadly most wokkers will already have been spammed excessively. I used to get a ton of spam directed at GM Wilfred on my old e-mail address as i believe the e-mail addresses used to be listed in the Kaohalla.

However i think that the precautions that Korexus has taken are good, necessary and sufficient.

What would be nice to add to the player info page is all the games a player has been in and is currently in. That would build up a nice bit of game history.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Saladin wrote: What would be nice to add to the player info page is all the games a player has been in and is currently in. That would build up a nice bit of game history.
Games this season and Total Games are recorded, along with turns survive, number of RIPS and times RIPed. They're not fully accurate right now as some bits still don't seem to be recorded properly, but I'm working on it (amoung other things) and at some point we can have a grand reset and start counting all that stuff on an even footing. (Don't worry, kaohalla VPs will remain! :-P

Chris.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:29 pm

Saladin wrote:Sadly most wokkers will already have been spammed excessively. I used to get a ton of spam directed at GM Wilfred on my old e-mail address as i believe the e-mail addresses used to be listed in the Kaohalla.

However i think that the precautions that Korexus has taken are good, necessary and sufficient.

What would be nice to add to the player info page is all the games a player has been in and is currently in. That would build up a nice bit of game history.
Sal... those are NAP requests... answer them :P

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:15 am

Nap requests? Where? I didn't get any. Did you mail them to the right address (wfberkhof at wanadoo.nl)?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:18 am

Ah ok. :) I had no idea i had a PM as normally i get a mail informing me or a pop-up or something on the site. Are those still in use Korexus?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi guys,

My apologies. As it turns out my mailbox was full. I have left my mail on the server for the last week or so as my computer is in the shop to get fixed. And when somebody sent me a video it filled my mailbox to the limit.

So if you've sent me a mail before noon today you'll probably have received it back saying my mailbox was full. That's also the reason why i didn't get the mail notification of the PM's here. So no worry Korexus that still works. :D

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Also... make sure the e-mail address in your profile is correct... as it is the only way for people to find it :wink: