Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Turn Reports

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:56 pm

------ Phase I: Bombing ------
>> End of bombing orders. <<

You have 0 Tech Points. This allows you to use 3 Attacks.
>> End of attacking orders. <<

------ Phase III: Working ------
It doesn't tell you the that the attack phase is beginning (In duel Turn Reports).

Also, I think that putting a color designation after the name would be better than A, B, C. It seems to me that you need to know which one is which more than you need to know the NAPed players. Thats easy enough to figure out. That or you can add both :wink:
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:46 pm

I've added a line to mention the start of the attacking phase. Don't know where that went...

Trust me, you'll need the letter designations in a few turn, to help keep the NAPs straight. If it'll stop your whining, I'll add colour abreviations for you though...
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Hehe... thanks :lol:

Got another one for ya:

When you use the help button to attack move, etc; when you push the Submit Order button or whatever it is, can you have the dropdown for the Order # advance one? For example: When setting AIMs, if you have the 1st order set for province 19 then click submit. It's still set to the 1st order so its easy to just change the province to 20 and replace the 1st order.

I don't know if its worth it... but I made the mistake a couple times... but I caught it.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:23 pm

1 more.

When I go to the game page by clicking on each of the player links, then click submit orders on that page... it goes to the 1st players orders each time. Should that send me to the order sheet for the particular player I just clicked?

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Links should work now. Not sure about the help thing. It'd probably require a load of javascript to replicate what is a fairly simple operation for the player and half the time it'd be doing the wrong thing anyway...

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:03 pm

Chris... I love you man!!!

You're right... probably more work than necessary.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Re: Turn Reports

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Donut wrote:
------ Phase I: Bombing ------
>> End of bombing orders. <<

You have 0 Tech Points. This allows you to use 3 Attacks.
>> End of attacking orders. <<

------ Phase III: Working ------
It doesn't tell you the that the attack phase is beginning (In duel Turn Reports).
That's no different in Duel than it always was in standard WOK - I always took "You have 0 Tech points" as my signal that we are now into attack phase! I agree saying so would be better, great.

In fact, Duel TR's are identical to the previous TR's after the switch to online - it's just that you get three of them!

Ah, no, I can think of ONE difference: you occasionally get a message that an order ".... is invalid - you are napped!". It's a handy reminder: I've had that reply all-too-many-times in my 3 Duel games when I've screwed up remembering which of mine are napped with which of his!
Donut wrote: Also, I think that putting a color designation after the name would be better than A, B, C. It seems to me that you need to know which one is which more than you need to know the NAPed players. Thats easy enough to figure out. That or you can add both :wink:
So, like Kor says, believe me, the more reminders on your nap restrictions the better! They SERIOUSLY affect your strategy.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:07 am

I was more worried about trying to figure out which province was which at the time :P

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:27 am

That will come to look a cinch compared with dealing with the Robos, and compared with figuring out your options given the naps, and HIS options given the naps, that you have to take into account ... Or you could just wing it.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:41 am

Since I have my own changes thread already...

Michel says:
where is my inbox of messages
Donut says:
This is a PBeM
Donut says:
E-mails are the easiest
Michel says:
pbem?
Donut says:
You can use the forum Messages... but probably less reliable
Donut says:
Play By E-Mail
Michel says:
oh... is there no ingame message service
Donut says:
Not yet
Michel says:
that would make it more pretty
Donut says:
I'm gonna suggest it now
Michel says:
now i have to do work to collect emails and such
Michel says:
and clicking on my name gives an error
Michel says:
so i guess nobody can see my email
Donut says:
lol
Michel says:
Could not fetch data.
Query: SELECT ClanName FROM nuke_wok_clans WHERE ClanID=
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 am

We have private messaging system and have done for a very long time. Check under 'Your Account' at the top. Emails are easier though!

Kikkertje's error is probably because he's not in a clan. It should have defaulted him to merc, I'll check...

In other news, Donut has the colours written next to his name now. Also, the names in the score charts are in the appropriate colour. Hope that helps.

Chris.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:03 am

I access my message Inbox by clicking "Your Account" on the top bar. You'll get a page with "Your Private Messages" box at the bottom. Clicking on the number of PMs takes you to your Inbox. [Oh, just noticed that there's also a big "Messages" button on that page :P ]

I have been successful in communicating with Hryll through a whole game that we eventually won.

Be sure to tick an option in your account settings that makes a pop-up window appear whenever you visit the website and have a new PM.

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:23 am

The link should work now.

Further to trewqh's post, you can also have an email notification of a PM arriving, so you have no excuse to miss it! :P

Chris.

Kikkertje
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Kikkertje » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:22 pm

korexus wrote:Kikkertje's error is probably because he's not in a clan. It should have defaulted him to merc, I'll check...
Fixed now indeed. Thanks =)