Spectators?

Check here for the latest news, problems & ideas

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Equus
Recruit
Recruit

Spectators?

Post by Equus » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:40 pm

Well I just got creamed in my first WOK game. Thank you. Thankyou very much.

My only comment would be a string of oxygen deprived blue air expletives regarding chaninging AIM....grrrrr.

Anyway, now that there is a great deal of ballyhoo about WOKON, I went to have a snoop but couldn't really find any details to satisfy my curiosity.

Has there ever been any talk about some sort of spectator mode where by passers-by, registered players not in game, or new potential players, could watch a game as it progresses?

Perhaps there is but I am too dense to see it?

Pointers accepted.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:01 pm

expletives?
chaninging?
ballyhoo?

What? :wink:

Anyway, I guess you are after some sort of lurk-mode and to answer that, eeeeh nope. Dont think there is any outspoken lurk funktion.

You used to be able to see the maps but I dont think they are public in WOKON. Letting lurkers see the actual TR's is not ever going to happend. Too easy for people to cheat that way.

I cant see a good way to ever make a lurk-mode here. Read the newbie info and mail the oldtimers about stuff.
First one here, last one to leave.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:34 pm

Actually there is a way to view other games in progress. When you get into "MY LOBBY" (Not entirely sure why that was changed to all CAPS), there is a link in the middle of the page that says "Search for Games." If you click this it will show all active games in WOK:ON. Right now there are only 3 games there. My game, which still has 1 more slot left if you'd like it; Mike's game which isn't actually running; and Takers game which just had the first turn run. I think that this is what you were looking for?

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Xechortariaste
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Xechortariaste » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:43 am

Yeah, you can see the maps on WOKON without being a part of it. Once or twice I've gone to it forgetting to login and can still see the map.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:33 am

Still not a lurker mode but like I said, cant see how we could establish one.
First one here, last one to leave.