How did you find WoK??

The place to comment, whether you're a first time visitor or a returning old timer.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

How did you find WoK?

Search Engine
14%
Friend or Family
43%
Online Advert
14%
Following random links
10%
I was looking for cooking equipment
10%
Other
10%

Total votes: 21

korexus

How did you find WoK??

Post by korexus » Sun May 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Well, we're thinking of expanding our player base - maybe even putting some money into advertising and so it would make sense to find out what works best. Hence this thread, please vote in the poll, but also add a post with some more detail. - The more we know the more effective we can be in spreading the word. :wink: We've had quite an influx of new players recently, so I'd be espeacially interested to hear from them...

I'll start us off, my name is Chris and I'm a WoKaholic. I've been playing for 5 years now and check the site several times a day, from work and home, even when I'm not in any games. I first found the site because one of my university friends was a long time member and it looked kinda cool.

Now, tell us your story!
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sun May 13, 2007 6:32 pm

I think I found it through PBEM portal but its that long ago I can't remember!!!
Last edited by Lardmaster on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question everything.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 pm

The first time I read about WoK was in an ad on pbem.com (which is now dead) back in... 2000 I believe :roll:

I've been faithful ever since. :)

Even if I don't contribute to the community as much as I'd like to, WoK is easily the computer game I have devoted the most time to.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Mon May 14, 2007 8:22 am

I discovered WoK about 4 or 5 yrs ago whilst randoming searching through the many many gaming links available. Unfortunately I didn't actually start playing for about 2 -3 yrs. At that time I thought the game looked a bit kiddy'ish (some maps), without actually reading any available literature to contradict that initial view.

Whilst playing another game I think Pyschokiller(?) invited me to have a look etc etc...

I'm still losing to this day apart from 1 unfortunate blip to that record when I secured a joint win with trewqh. 'Ahem' still no update to show that.....

Hryllantre = VP 1

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon May 14, 2007 4:22 pm

Victories with trewqh fall under the Law of Truly Large Numbers. - Ie if you try something enough times, every possible outcome will occur. As such they are not valid for gaining VPs. Sorry. :twisted:

Seriously though, I'll try and sort that out some day...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Tinker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tinker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Bryk told me I would have fun here. So far, so good!
Tinker
"Trust me, of course I'm on your side..."

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 pm

I arrived via a pbem site while searching for my favourite pbm ever 'World of Vengeance'. Communities much smaller here but, how does it go, its quality not quantity that matters. And you lot are QUALITY! :thumbsup:
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

TheDragon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by TheDragon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:45 am

Signed up because Vortan and Dragonette kept going on about the games and telling me about you crazy lot. Now it is me who gets annoyed when I can't use one of the computers.

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:55 am

pbem.com for me as well. Calidus had put up an advert for his brand new clan :)

Arjuna
Recruit
Recruit

Re: How did you find WoK??

Post by Arjuna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Originally i came across the site over the last year via a search for online games. But the game looked too labour intensive for casual play. Then Han suggested the game for LBGC members and i thought i'd give it a go - i now have more time to dedicate to it so its been worth while.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers."