Thread for comments from casual visitors to the site

The place to comment, whether you're a first time visitor or a returning old timer.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Thread for comments from casual visitors to the site

Post by Hannibal » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi to new or casual visitors! When we players log in, we often find lots of "guests" online at the same time. Some of you probably look in briefly and just move on. Maybe not surprising, as we are in a bit of a temporary lull at the moment.

But if nearly every new possible player drops by and just moves on, we never get several of you together at one time to play a newbie game, and we never learn why you dropped by but passed on ...

SO, THIS IS A THREAD FOR NEW VISITORS TO GIVE US YOUR VIEWS AND SAY WHY YOU JUST MOVED ON, OR TO ASK US ANYTHING.

You don't have to be a player/member to post here. Just click on "REPLY" for this thread and your comment will be accepted, as a post from a Guest.

Do us a favour if you're passing through and not "biting": tell us your impressions and why you didn't sign up and play. So that we can improve for you and others. Maybe it's not your kind of game, maybe you can't find the rules, maybe you think nothing's happening. If you want a reply, leave us your e-mail address, but you don't have to; a comment before you go would be helpful. Just click on REPLY below.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

masjwar
Recruit
Recruit

Post by masjwar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 am

Hi.
Just joined tonight. New to the game. Have played chess, diplomacy, Battle Plan, Starweb, Renaissance, Medieval Wars, and many other such similar games.
I've also played a lot of online only games.

I'm here to play, but a bit stumped what to do or how to join a game, so feel free to give me all sorts of advice and ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:05 am

Hi there.

You can join a game by clicking on View Open Games (in the box labeled 'Games' to your left). From there you can join my Standard WoK game - GM_Chris Game 08, Center Island.

I''m at home most of the day today, updating the WoK site, I've added you to my messenger contacts and can guide you around. You also get the unique chance to tell me what to change!

Welcome to WoK!

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:52 pm

Hello masjwar

You can also communicate within this game by way of personal Private Messaging.

Look ^ UP ^ and scroll down the page to the line that says:-

Welcome masjwar! scan across and click on * Your Account *

Find -> Your Private Messages

You have 14 private message(s).

I have sent you a message but I see korexus has already offered to help out. To be honest your better off seeking his advice as I have a 100% losing record on Duel at least.