Who will take on Duke in a Full Duel??

Talk about the two player Standard WoK variant

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:39 pm

Hannibal

Do I have to send you down the mine shaft to find my Silver Bar ?

Gaz

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 am

No, we'll go down that mineshaft together to get your silver. After you. I just want to arrange these pretty sticks of dynamite around the entrance, and then I'll catch up with you...
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:04 pm

i know its nothing to do with this topic but its not worth its own topic as it would clog up the loading time.

can you please sort this duel out with bloodaxe its not run for ages and i dont think he's being online for a bit so can you take it off of my listing please and call it quits.

is that possible???

i dont want to have it as me losing if that is what this constitutes.

dragonette

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Hannibal himself has drafted guidelines on this subject. I have the exact email lying around somewhere, but I think it went along the lines of X days without entering orders or giving an excuse and you're disqualified.

You can probably claim this as a win, Dragonette.

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:25 am

hoorah i won one yippee.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:12 am

Dragonette wrote: can you please sort this duel out with bloodaxe its not run for ages and i dont think he's being online for a bit so can you take it off of my listing please and call it quits.
[/unquote]

Good news for you, Dragonette. Far from calling it quits, you actually win! Well done, you. No-one is happier than me that you get a win after all your enthusiasm. Well done.
korexus wrote:hA<b>n</b>n<b><i>i</i></b>Ba<i><b>L</b></i> himself has drafted guidelines on this subject. I have the exact email lying around somewhere, but I think it went along the lines of X days without entering orders or giving an excuse and you're disqualified.

You can probably claim this as a win, Dragonette.
korexus.
Kor was right. But he didn't have to search for an "e-mail lying around somewhere"! I wrote it into the Duel Rules, findable under ...er ... WoK Duel Rules? :

"Duel can play as fast or slow as the two players want, since a turn runs on the next hour-mark after both have pressed Ready. But we have to have rules for anyone going AWOL without conceding. So there is a max of a generous 28 days between turns, including between Turn 0 start and Turn 1 running. If, after 28 days, one player has pressed Ready and the other not, then the former player wins, even if Turn 1 never runs, to avoid abuse. If both players fail to press Ready within 28 days of the last turn running, then the game is void, no effect on standings, no matter who was winning by how much."

I checked back on whether 28 days was up now. My best clue is that the last turn/gamepage says next orders are due 19 Sept 2007, so presumably the last turn ran around 16 Sept, more than the generous 28 days to get orders in.

It's yours, Dragonette. Theoretically, I the GM ought to check that YOUR orders were in on or before 14 Oct, AND that you'd pressed "Ready" by 14 Oct; so that YOU did beat the generous deadline, pressing Ready, while Bloodaxe failed it. Otherwise you both failed, game void. But I'll trust you that you did, so the game is yours, entirely fairly.

Hey, Dragonette, forget your request of "quits"; you've WON! :D Congrats. Enjoy.

GM Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to