GM Han's open duels

Talk about the two player Standard WoK variant

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

Duke

GM Han's open duels

Post by Duke » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:19 am

I just want to give others a chance of signing up for these. I feel like I am hogging spots if I take yet anotherone.

/D.
First one here, last one to leave.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Re: GM Han's open duels

Post by Hannibal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Duke wrote:I just want to give others a chance of signing up for these. I feel like I am hogging spots if I take yet anotherone.

/D.
Hey, Duke, I'm delighted that you want yet anotherone! Pls don't worry about hogging the spots. As soon as two set off on a Duel, I'll open spots for another Duel for others.

No, the real (and implied) question, is who will take you on next! I'm finding that Duels get underway more if someone puts out a challenge than if they just quietly sign up to the game I have up for applying to...

Either a "Take on anybody", or, better, a direct challenge or a list of potential opponents for one of them to step up to the plate.

So let me interfere and help here:

Duke is up for a Duel challenge. Most obvious candidate is :
TBert (despite internet problems). Because: You are all three Valn Ohtar. And TBert lost to AG in a Duel, and AG rightly crowed about it a bit. And Duke thinks he's on for a win against AG in their current Duel. So, if TBert then beat Duke ... he could claim he beat the person who beat AG ... setting us up for a delicious return of AG against TBert. Or else Duke crowing over both. Lots of banter either way!

So I suggest Duke v Tbert next. Still works if AG beats Duke in current game, as a fight-out for best Dueller in Valn Ohtar.

How about it, TBert??

If not (connection or RL problems), I can see a rationale for Duke putting out a challenge to:
Bryk (also great at Duels)
Nemesis (didn't take up my challenge, maybe yours)
Bjorn (came back, should be good at Duels)
Nestalawe (same)

So, IMHO, first refusal is to TBert. Or, then, whichever of Bryk, Nemesis, Bjorn and Nestalawe has the courage/time to take you on, first to accept gets it! I think we are talking Full Duel here.

So, TBert, step forward!
Or, Bryk, Nemesis, Bjorn, Nesty, surely one of you could take Duke on? Who is brave enough?! :D

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:03 pm

I think the problem here might be that they arent afraid of a good player but when facing a crazy person they might back off like any normal person would. :crazy:

Yondallus
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Yondallus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am

maybe it's just because you're swedish. :roll:
Lord Yondallus

currently owns:
-a tent
-the last pigeon of the scholars(won in a duel vs Korexus)

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:11 am

Yon is right, it's no that you're crazy. It's that you just don't get enough sun exposure. :lol:
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Plenty of rain though..... :cry: