Anyone up for one

Talk about the two player Standard WoK variant

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Anyone up for one

Post by BigJOzzy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:12 am

I would not mind trying my had at a wok_duel (lite or otherwise)...any takers?
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:17 pm

hi

i see that you are a person thats being a member for a long time, but i will duel you. hows about a duel lite. its ok dont feel scared i lose all my duels look at the tables. you can choose a map, i dont mind which one.

dragonette

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:02 pm

It would not matter if you win or lose the duels, I want to get some experience with the dueling system. So any map is fine with me also, I believe that GM_Han has a duel_lite set up already. So if he is willing then then map he has is fine with me.
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Oh the irony when Dragonette is telling the ol champ not to be scared. 8)
First one here, last one to leave.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:46 pm

BigJ is a pussycat!

(I think I beat him in a game, once, so I'm almost entitled to say that!)

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:09 am

I once shared a win with him. :)

And he's the reason why I never survived long enough in an Adv WoK game to actually learn it. :P

If only I weren't in so many games right now...
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 am

:lol:

You guys are too funny, making me sound like all I do is kill people................LOL

Maybe I have melowed with age........=))))

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:45 am

ok i have applied to gm hans full duel skull islands.....even though i dread the map as thats the one i learned to play the game and well as always lose.

i have applied i will wait for you to apply and then get the game started.

dragonette

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:21 am

Ok I signed up for it too.....=))

We will start up soon I am sure.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:49 pm

Right, I've caught up. I was going to mail each of you separately (BigJ, formerly known as Massielita, and Dragonette), but might as well post here instead.

Drag, well done for jumping at the challenge, and BigJ well done for accepting (and for being willing to try a Duel, thanks). And I DID see that you said it was just practice.

I'm uncomfortable because it's such a mismatch, sorry. Drag, you are GREAT for a just-turned-13-year-old, and you've played Duels and Mass, sorry BigJ, hasn't, but it wd still be a mismatch, IMHO. If I work at it, I could get each of you a more equal and fun game, to satisfy you both. You could challenge each other later! Hey, give me some sympathy here, I'm trying to make BOTH of you enjoy the next game, not one of you lose horribly and the other feel under-excited. Either way round!

So, as Duel-boss, and for the benefit of both of you, to make you enjoy and want to play again, I'm saying you should not play each other, at least yet, despite Drag's bravery.

So here's a better idea:

Drag, you should challenge Longbow, new, winning in a first full Standard game, but never played a Duel. Or Tinker if he/she is not put off after first game. Or a re-match with Celerian. And later, you can thrash the winner of Dark Assassin versus Nixus, which I'm about to set up; my 11-year-old Nicholas against Longbow's 11-year-old daughter Dark Assassin. But note that I have yo playing against adults Longbow/Tinker/Celerian first; I'm not pushing you to play only against other young players, right?

BigJ, I think you'd only get excited (forget just practice!) if you were playing against somebody else who knows Standard WOK and is translating it to Duel-Lite for the first time, just as you are. Maybe you just want to challenge/PM a past player you fancy trying out a Duel against? (Bjorn? Or even Al ??!). But in case it helps, here are experienced WOK players who I think, like you, are currently around, but have not tried a Duel-Lite (though most have played one game of Full Duel so far):
Duke
Calidus
LardMaster
Brykovian
Nemesis
Lord Fredo
Nestalawe

So, BigJ, I humbly suggest that you issue a challenge to one or more of them for a Duel-Lite. Or else one of them might see this and reply here .....

Han
Last edited by Hannibal on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:11 pm

If none of them takes up the challenge soon enough, then I'll play you myself. At Duel-Lite, I've played 3, won 1, lost 2, so I need to TRY to push myself higher up the table ....

Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:25 pm

BTW, if it goes the OTHER way, and fully 3 out of the 7 of Duke, Calidus, LardMaster, Brykovian, Nemesis, Lord Fredo and Nestalawe, take up the challenge, then let me know. You pick one of the three to play against, the other two play each other; the winners play each other. A mini-knockout at Duel-Lite among veteran WOK-players who have NOT played Duel-Lite before. Adds some spice and interest ... and wd be fun to watch unfold.

Han

Tinker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tinker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm up for trying a duel or duel-lite (either one, I'm easy.) Bring it on. :D
Tinker
"Trust me, of course I'm on your side..."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:45 pm

Tinker wrote:I'm up for trying a duel or duel-lite (either one, I'm easy.) Bring it on. :D
Great stuff! So I'm setting Dragonette against Tinker. dragonette said above she fancied a Full Duel next. Done. But not so much the Skull Island that is currently on offer. No problem, I'll use a different map. The first of you to suggest which map gets it, Full Duel. Great.

GM Han

Tinker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tinker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Hannibal wrote:Great stuff! So I'm setting Dragonette against Tinker. dragonette said above she fancied a Full Duel next. Done. But not so much the Skull Island that is currently on offer. No problem, I'll use a different map. The first of you to suggest which map gets it, Full Duel. Great.

GM Han
I'd like to try the city map (Suburbia?) if that's okay with Dragonette.
Tinker
"Trust me, of course I'm on your side..."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 pm

OK! You picked a map first, Suburbia is a great map for Duels, and I can't imagine Drag would object to it anyway. So Full Duel on Suburbia map it is. Dragonette versus Tinker. I'll go set it up...

GM Han

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:35 am

Hannibal not a problem with your thinking there, really I just want to try out the Duel system, so anyone that is up for a try let me know....and I was not considering the game a practice, I just want to get some skill in the system, and with all new systems it takes playing to understand the new challenges involved in it.

So anyone up for it????

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm always available to play any form of Duel I've played most of my games V's virgin Duel players (and lost :oops: ) whether experienced in WoK4 or not.

Han, let me know if you need an opponent....