Talk about the two player Standard WoK variant

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:41 am

Ecrivian?

:?

Have I just been insulted? Anyone? I have no idea who Ecrivian is supposed to be. Someone explain please.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:43 am

August 2001 I think I started. I was in CoN when it officially started on 1st September 2001.

I thought Han might remember me considering he was 'so impressed' here :P :wink: (Last post of thread)

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:45 am

Ecrivian started about the same time as me as well. Was an active member of the community but never won a single VP (I think).

Was a popular guy though, I liked him anyway :)

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:50 am

Well in that case, providing of course kor liked him too, I will let him off :P

ROFL @ Hannibal. I know its 6 years past but that is funny.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 am

korexus wrote:Probably been around longer as I believe that was roughly when the forums were put up...
I'd say 'these forums' rather than 'the forums' as I remember we had different forums earlier. :)

I knew Nemesis is a vet and I only called him a Duel newbie. :)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:15 am

Nemesis wrote:
Hannibal wrote:In the standard 10-player game, you'd still stand a decent chance
er... yeah, cheers Hannibal. PS, check the Kaohalla, I have got 8.5 VPs already and have played in a WOK 5 Champs game. Not bad for a Newbie :mrgreen: :wink:
Heck, I don't think I've done anything wrong here, but I'll apologise anyway!

I assumed Nemesis was a new player to WOK, and if you read the posts, I think you'll find that my heart was in the right place giving the "new"guy a second chance at Turn 2. How was I supposed to know he was a vet from times of yore? No, I don't study start-dates. I just come across a "new" contributor on the boards. Sure, the name "Nemesis" rang some kind of bell, but there is a "Nemesis" player-name on every site I ever played on - it's a great name to choose. No, I never overlapped with our Nemesis. If Nemesis had maybe just posted about his RETURN on the thread I set up for such "Old players dropping by ....", then that would have maybe been kinder to all those who are newer than 2004? And saved me wasting my breath? :wink: I see he DID post there, but just saying welcome to some other returner - which a newbie could have written to join in on welcoming the player back.

In that case, obviously you stand a good chance. My comments were for a newbie. Sorry I wasted your time. And mine. Good luck.

And no, I never remembered it from the thread you mention:

Underdog wrote:
Hey Korexus. I was wondering about the link that used to exist to one of my games that Nemesis and Nestalawe won and did a fine write up on. at one time there was a link to that on this site I know the pages are still there and if anyone remembers what the address was to my site there is probably still a link to it there somewhere. I have no clue if it had and of my hard thought out commentary.

Hannibal wrote:
Yes. There's a permanent link to it in the "New Visitors Look Here" that I wrote as an explanation of how the game plays. I was so impressed I built it in as a link, as well as quoting from it. I remember asking you to keep it alive in your store on Angelfire, and you kindly agreed. Thanks.

I was impressed by Nestalawe's write-up. No memory of ewho he was playing against. Note that mention of you is buried in UD's post, not a mention that I made. So no, I didn't remember you.

Oh well, I'll still try to help new players.

H
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:27 am

And yes, it's funny! :D

H

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:32 am

Turn By Turn Summary By Nestalawe' AND Nemesis - Circle Of Nine

:D

Duke sent me an email telling me Kaomaris was on the way back to full health and that if I was going to return to post in this thread. Thus, I never posted in the 'Old players just dropping by ... and saying hello' thread.

So I blame Duke, he is used to that anyway. :wink:

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:50 am

In that case, thanks to Nestalawe AND YOU for that write-up of a real game; it's what drew me into WOK in the first place, because I could see how it played. Thanks.

I hope I made your write-up live on, by incorporating it into "New players look here", so that it's done even more good. If it's still there as a link.

Anyway, about your chances versus trewqh ..... :wink:

Han
Last edited by Hannibal on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 am

Hannibal wrote:it's what drew me into WOK in the first place, because I could see how it played.
That's nice to hear. Just looking at the game we had me, Nestalawe, Tomb Raider, Bryk, Ecrivian, Allister and Skarn all in that beginner game!

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:07 pm

I remember reading the write up of that game when i was deciding to join wok or not. It really got me enthusiastic to play the game!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."