trewqh's unofficial Duel-Lite Hall of Records

Talk about the two player Standard WoK variant

Moderators: trewqh, korexus, Hannibal

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:23 pm

Reporting, sadly, that Hryllantre beat Hannibal in GM Mike Duel-Lite #40, Skandinavia, in Dec 2007. I concede, down to 7 scattered, weak, ineffective, and demoralised armies.

It was a thrilling game, where Hryll did something very clever and won [see the gamepage and previous gamepages, with their commentaries, for detaills - it's fun!]

Trewqh, I've already updated the table, at the same time as adding RATing to the table.

Hryll, you swine!: Well played, you won fair and square. Hmm. I have now been defeated 4 times in my 4-and-a-bit-year career in WOK; and 2 of those 4 have been at the hands of Hryll; and next I just happen to face Hryll again in my TDC Group X first-round tie ... Drat!!!!!! :twisted:

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:17 pm

GM Han reporting in.

GM Han #33 Duel-Lite, Water-Crossing, game over, Duke beat Hryllantre.

It was on T6, via Duke taking a third robo-rip. Duke let Hryll take 2 Robo-rips, before he woke up to the Victory Conditions. Then he took 2 robo-rips to make it even. This last turn was about which of them would take the third robo-rip for the win. (See the gamepage if you want). Hryll took it first, briefly holding 3 robo-rips, but Duke then re-took it from him, earning the rip and winning the game. Very close. And from the jaws of defeat. Congrats to Duke.

GM Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Player Han reporting in ...

Two more games finished:

GM Mike Duel-Lite Homelands, Ultyguy just beat Hannibal (well played Ulty and congrats).

GM Mike Duel-Lite #39 Center Island, BigJOzzy v Hannibal.
Might as well finally call it as finished, Han beat BigJ, if only to tidy up the lists. The last turn run was T4, back in Sept 07.
In Nov 07, BigJ replied that he DID want to to play on, but then went AWOL, and didn't reply to encouraging reminder emails in Jan and Feb 08. I guess he's gone. So it's about 4 months beyond the 28-day max turnaround. And I have 2 rips to his one, 2 colours left to his one, and a better score and position ... so it's not a case of just grabbing the win by default! (I would rather have played on, but after 4 months?).

Don't worry, trewqh, I've updated the table, top of Page 1, to save you the trouble. Ultyguy comes in as fifth after his first game, and will go to second if he wins his next one, just behind Aussie Gaz.

We need a volunteer to try to do what Ulty is doing. Volunteer to take on Hryllantre in the OTHER semi-final, winner of that to take on Ulty, who beat me in our semi-final, winner of that to challenge AG for the crown for 2008!

Cheers,
Han