New game at last.....GM Han #01

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

New game at last.....GM Han #01

Post by Hannibal » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:02 am

I'm enjoying my 5th game, so I thought I ought to put something back and offer to GM a game. If you can't join 'em, start 'em.

Al has given the OK.

It will be a WOK 4 Advanced, but I'll gladly welcome 1 or 2 beginners if they're partnered with an experienced clanmate who is willing to guide them and keep them interested.

Mail me at bobroscow@madasafish.com if you'd like to sign up. Assuming I have the luxury of being over-subscribed, I'll give precedence to those less likely to give me a hard time as GM.

Timing is likely to be sign up in next 7-9 days, starting positions out by 30 July, and then a whole 2 weeks to do diplomacy and get in orders for turn 1, while I'm on hol till 14 August. Then turns every 3-4 days.

Anyone interested? Let's make it fun! :D

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:59 am

... and welcome GM Han to the ranks of GM !

Im very confident he will be able to deliver quality work there, just like he used to "annihanilate" his ennemies on the battlefield. :P

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:25 am

Hey, Al, puns on my name are restricted to me and Saladin! Han's off!! (only kidding).

I thought I'd use the Penta Bottlenecks map. Despite its name, it's one of the most open, without island bottlenecks to limit your options. Looks cool, too!

Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Green Terror
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Green Terror » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:32 pm

I would like to join your game. I dont know how long the wait list is, but I would like to play with Yarosund so my clan master may teach me the game.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:57 pm

Green Terror wrote:I would like to join your game. I dont know how long the wait list is, but I would like to play with Yarosund so my clan master may teach me the game.
That's a tuffy!

Good luck Green Lantern :lol:

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:01 am

Could be worse... he coulda joined the Scholars :P

Ahahahah... I crack myself up :bluejester:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:46 am

Donut wrote:Could be worse... he coulda joined the Scholars :P

Ahahahah... I crack myself up :bluejester:

Donut

True....
but even worse, he could have joined BoV! :wink:

Now that's cracks me up! lol!!! :lol:

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:24 am

I wouldnt talk so loud if I looked like Ruby.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:48 am

Duke wrote:I wouldnt talk so loud if I looked like Ruby.
Why not? Looks like she probably does too!

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:44 pm

Haven't got a reply from you Han about joining your game.

What's the prognosis?

Allister

Melonus Maximus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Melonus Maximus » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:30 pm

I'd like to join too with Lardmaster if u still have any places

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Re: New game at last.....GM Han #01

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:06 pm

Hi guys (including 2 gals),

UPDATE

Well I've had 13 volunteers so far, but that includes 3 cases of 3-from-a-clan. We are still in the sign-up period. I wanted to give time for word to get around rather than first-come-first-served. The timing is as I said in my opening post:
Hannibal wrote: Timing is likely to be sign up in next 7-9 days, starting positions out by 30 July, and then a whole 2 weeks to do diplomacy and get in orders for turn 1, while I'm on hol till 14 August. Then turns every 3-4 days.
It's only been 3 days so far! Sign up is till 27-29 July. By or before 30th I'll let people know if they're in (and check they still want to be). I'll get turn 00 out by 30 July, with a deadline of 17 Aug for turn 1 orders, while I'm away on hol.

Sorting out the volunteers is not as easy as it sounds. Some don't say what clan they're in!

Yarosund, you say that you, Green Terror and Nefertiti want to play, so let GT and Nef have the BOT places. And you'll guide them. There's such a fallout of first-timers going M-3, that I stipulated in my first post that I'd love to have 1 or 2 beginners but only if they are partnered by an experienced clanmate? So please choose one to play with you, and you two are in? Does Nef's timing of hol fit with the above timing?

Underdog, I'd like to count you in (I think I owe you something from a while back on the boards), but then Mel-Max asked to join in with experienced Lardmaster, both also from SOO, I think. Hmmm, do I vaguely remember that LM and Big Mel are brother and sister....? So LM would prob help her anyway? So can I suggest UD and MM partner up? Just a thought.

I'll keep you posted.

~ Han

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:39 pm

I doubt MM needs any help from Lardy. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:57 pm

:p to you Sal. Actually if you change your Avatars hair to orange she would look a bit like my big sis :)
Question everything.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:18 am

Actually whatever works out better for her.

It doesn't make that much difference to me.

I will let MM make the call.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Melonus Maximus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Melonus Maximus » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:18 am

I don't mind who partners me whoever is playing the least games at the moment I suppose.

Re looking like Saladins avator that's the nicest thing our kid has ever said about me. I wish I had a waist like that :roll:

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:49 am

Melonus Maximus wrote:I don't mind who partners me
Ah, spoken like a true West Yorkshire lass.........(I'm from Yorkshire myself)

Oh, you mean in the GAME! Sorry! :)

~ Han

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:22 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Timing is likely to be sign up in next 7-9 days, starting positions out by 30 July, and then a whole 2 weeks to do diplomacy and get in orders for turn 1, while I'm on hol till 14 August. Then turns every 3-4 days.

~ Han
OK, it's been exactly those 9 days for sign-up. I was oversubscribed (especially from Square of 144), so here are the 10 players. Apologies to those who made it too many; you'll have priority in my second game, IF I get the hang of GMing and if people don't give me a hard time in my first GMing attempt....(For those of you who haven't GM'd, I have to say it's tougher than I thought, unless you're a whizz on the PC, so I'll be even nicer to GM's from now on!!) :

Underdog - Sq of 144
Melonus Maximus - Sq of 144
Egbert - Scholars
Saladin - Scholars
Trewqh - Vulkings
Lille - Vulkings
Donut - B of Vayuna
Funtastick - B of Vayuna
Yarosund - B of Time
Ja'Ded - D of Wok

Turn 00 out tomorrow if I can hack the technology. Then you have till 17 Aug for initial dilomacy and while I'm away on hol. Enjoy the game! Be patient with my GMing...

~ Han

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:38 pm

Han,
GM'ing gets easier as you get practice. I'm only working on my second game and it comes pretty quickly and easily now and I am not a whiz at the PC by any means. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:59 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Hannibal wrote:

~ Han
OK, it's been exactly those 9 days for sign-up. I was oversubscribed (especially from Square of 144), so here are the 10 players. Apologies to those who made it too many; you'll have priority in my second game, IF I get the hang of GMing and if people don't give me a hard time in my first GMing attempt....(For those of you who haven't GM'd, I have to say it's tougher than I thought, unless you're a whizz on the PC, so I'll be even nicer to GM's from now on!!) :

Underdog - Sq of 144
Melonus Maximus - Sq of 144
Egbert - Scholars
Saladin - Scholars
Trewqh - Vulkings
Lille - Vulkings
Donut - B of Vayuna
Funtastick - B of Vayuna
Yarosund - B of Time
Ja'Ded - D of Wok

Turn 00 out tomorrow if I can hack the technology. Then you have till 17 Aug for initial dilomacy and while I'm away on hol. Enjoy the game! Be patient with my GMing...

~ Han
Too bad there wasn't room for at least one First Family member. :(
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson