Wok 4 invite?

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:32 pm

Just Kidding!
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:06 pm

Validon wrote:Ummmmmmmm, Butterfinger for me Donut and a coke if you don't mind.
I'll have a bag of peanut M&Ms, and a diet coke.

BTW, is anyone going to point out that this is a simple misunderstanding, or do you guys really think that Mullog broke a NAP intentionally? Oh well, who cares --- it's a good flamer. :flip:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:02 pm

I try to believe that people don't do it intentionally but you know what they say, "You never get a chance to make a second impression and since this is the first time I have ever dealt with Mullog, it fits the saying well.

AF
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:13 pm

Hmmm... I think it's "You don't get a second chance at making a first impression"... :P

I agree... misunderstanding and a case of Vague NAP terms, which if I remember correctly occured before in this game...

Oh well... Val you already got your Butterfinger (too bad there weren't any in the vending machine for me :cry: )... And a Twix with a Mr. Pibb for me. Oh yea.....

Donut

P.S. - Players aren't officially quit until the end of the turn... I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:03 am

Allister Fiend wrote: "You never get a chance to make a second impression
AF
Donut wrote:]Hmmm... I think it's "You don't get a second chance at making a first impression"...
AF :smokingdevil:

Donut :ignore:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:11 am

Hannibal wrote:Mullog is the most principled guy I know, a credit to the community.

OK, hands up all those that Mullog has broken a nap with? And hands up all those that AF has broken a nap with? Looks overwhelming to me. See the Josh-Tenaria thread......

If AF turns out to be right, I'll climb down. Otherwise he's taking on all the Vulkings. All for one and one for all!

~ Han
Just for the record, besides Mullog, Lord Amgor has recently broke a NAP with Allister Fiend with the rationalization that he had to spy AF because he coulnd't be trusted to keep his NAP.

Look people, AF wins because he's good, not 'cause he's a NAP breaker.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

CrazyPsycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by CrazyPsycho » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:24 am

Well well, isn't AF the popular one!

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:33 am

Undertaker wrote:
Saladin wrote:
Allister Fiend wrote:This is getting to the point of Taker and I just "quitting" the game so that only Saladin get a VP and not Mullog( you don't deserve any, really, you don't)
Well seeing how you both will be ripped next turn i don't think that will work. :P
Not if we quit before the turn is run. :wink:
Well if you look at the OoP you'll see that you're last. You will only be counted as quit at the start of your turn, so that means you'll be ripped before you can quit. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:01 pm

To put my 2 cents in again. Hmmmm, maybe I should keep my 2 cents, it's starting to add up this time.

I have dealt with both AF and Mullog(even before we were clanmates) and I have never had any issues with naps with either one of them. Matter of fact I actually like both of those guys. So instead of the finger pointing about who has broken a nap and who hasn't let's just have a look at that response e-mail of AF's and be done with this.

I don't think Mullog would intentionally break a nap but if he did I'm pretty sure he'll do what he can to make it right(he said he would quit the game if AF shows us the confirmation e-mail). Although it did make me wonder what he was thinking when I saw the e-mail with the 2 turn cancellation clause BUT if he recieved no acceptance of his nap proposal he did not break a nap.

So center stage is given to AF - please produce the e-mail and we can be done with this once and for all. Obviously one person(mullog or AF) made a mistake. I truly believe that it was an honest mistake. The question is who was the one who made it:

Did Mullog break a nap?
Or did AF forget to send a nap acceptance e-mail?

Tune in soon to find out who is to blame for this edition of "As the World(of kaomaris) Turns".

Donut!!!!!!!!! You forgot my coke. Now you'll just have to get back up and get me one. M & M's????? Egbert??? Are you sharing?

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:17 pm

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Ken and Colleen'
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 2:07 AM
Subject: RE: Validons invitational

Sure! No problem! Take #52. :)

Good luck!

Mullog

As you can all see above in our conversation, He agreed to let me have 52 and that sealed the deal. Prior to that, I had asked for 52 and agreed to the rest of the terms and he replied, Sure, go ahead and Good Luck!

So there.................

I rest my case!! :roll:

Allister

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:54 AM
To: Rune Andreas Grimstad
Subject: Re: Validons invitational

My deal with Funta requires me to take 52, so if you can agree to me having 52 and North I can agree to everything else.

Whatcha say?

Allister
----- Original Message -----
To: kcgugel@mich1.net
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 5:47 AM
Subject: Validons invitational

Hi.
Are you interested in a nap in Val's #3?
I will stay away from #48 and anything north of #51 if you stay away from me.
How about a 10-turn nap with a 2-turn cancellation period? No attacking, bombing or spying on each others.

Are you interested?

Mullog

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:51 pm

Funny thing is that none of this actually changed the outcome of this game in the least! I was about to stomp all over your pittyfull 30 or so low level armies any way.

I pity the fool that gets in the way of my 24 inch pythons!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:25 pm

Saladin wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Saladin wrote: Well seeing how you both will be ripped next turn i don't think that will work. :P
Not if we quit before the turn is run. :wink:
Well if you look at the OoP you'll see that you're last. You will only be counted as quit at the start of your turn, so that means you'll be ripped before you can quit. :P
Aaarrrgghhh!!!! Foiled by the darn nosey kids.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:33 pm

Saladin wrote:Funny thing is that none of this actually changed the outcome of this game in the least! I was about to stomp all over your pittyfull 30 or so low level armies any way.

Always gracious in victory... :roll:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:56 pm

Saladin wrote:Funny thing is that none of this actually changed the outcome of this game in the least! I was about to stomp all over your pittyfull 30 or so low level armies any way.

I pity the fool that gets in the way of my 24 inch pythons!
No the funny thing is that it takes 4 players 7 turns to RIP TFF and their 15 or so troops.

What the hell you waiting for? Mullog to admit he's guilty? I've already proven that so SOGOTP will ya?

I still don't think your gonna have it that easy Sal, but I'm hoping I get to find out this turn.

Oh and P.S. Sal, your a good kid, but who likes kids? :wink:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:55 pm

So much anger... Val... I was too upset about not getting that Butterfinger yesterday that it totally slipped my mind. My bad.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:53 pm

I just figure that since I've been around a while my imput might be regarded with a little authority or at least respect.

The way I understand things (which I'm not sure is even right because I haven't followed the game at all and have only read half the posts) is:

Mullog sent a NAP request to AF saying a 10 turn minimum with 2 turn cancelation.

A quick note about this. This does NOT mean 10 turns THEN two turn cancelation. What this means is after turn 8, any turn beyond that cancelation can be given. From that turn, 2 turns of peace and then attacking is possible. So Mullog could have given notice at the end of turn 8, peace for 9 and 10, then attacked on 11.

Mullog sent an e-mail to AF asying "this means war." I, and any other player in their right mind would take this as meaning the the nap is over and the cancelation period is in effect. However, if this occured after turn 10, then turns 11 and 12 would need to be peace and attacking should not occur until turn 13.

Under these circumstances (if I have them right), I would say Mullog broke a NAP, but that brings us back to the issue of whether or not a confirmation e-mail confirming the NAP was ever sent to Mullog.

Last words of wisdom:

When making a NAP, be sure you both have a clear understanding of what the NAP means. (i.e. When I want 10 turns and 2 turn cancelation, I say "How about a 10 turn minimum with 2 turns cancelation AFTER THAT. This way it is clear fighting cannot occur until turn 13 at the minimum.)

Now we wait...

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:03 pm

After now seeing the e-mails AF posted on the boards, I'm still not convinced either way.

The reply is again, very loose. Again back to my process, I will say at the end something to the effect of "this means we've got a NAP" or something so it is very clear to both parties involved that there is a NAP. This did not occur and thus it's hard to say if anyone is at fault or not.

I blame both Mullog and AF for not being clear in their wording so it's both of their faults.

On a different note, you think it's sad that it takes 4 players to take out 15 armies, AF? Look at Han's group...it's sad it takes 4 players who slept 10+ turns as well as 2 other players to try and beat Josh and I...and it ain't over yet!

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:36 am

OK, now that the anger and everything is flowing strongly I would like to add one final thing.

SEND ME SOME ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!

I will run the turn tomorrow and if that means that the whole lot of you go M-1 so be it. :lol:

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:39 am

Hey i sent orders yesterday afternoon!

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:57 am

Yea, yea, yea. I got yours Sal. But it doesn't sound as good unless everyone is about to go M-1.

So I stretched the truth a bit. :roll: