Wok 4 invite?

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:00 pm

Well i'm already M-1 so you're not stretching the truth at all. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:41 pm

Isnt it nice that I dont get included in this flamer hardly at all? I'm like teflon, nothing sticks on me. :)

Ok, I've been on a business trip during the last days so I havent gotten into this but I need to point out a few things here and, if I can, piss off AF and UT in the process. 8)

I really cant see the point in driving a case like this against Mullog when you are in shady areas yourself. I know you dont agree but since you dont care what we think then why should I care about your opinion.

I first adressed AF about a matter that I felt was in violation of our NAP but that I understood that it was a grayzone and I was ready to look the other way on it

Here is my mail to AF:
You, my friend, are busted. :)

Dont cross 24 and 10 and neither will I? I guess that
if you dont cross per say then it is all right?

Dont sweat it. I understand that you are all into the
war with Massie so I dont hold this minor
misunderstanding against you.

Although I am afraid that we have come to the end of
our road. I choose to end our agreement here and
attacks are possible between us at first in turn 12.

To clarify: Turn 11= peace, turn 12=at eachothers
throuts.

Capish?

/Duke
I got a reply that said something like "Ok, no problem" and in the very next turn I get attacked by Undertaker.

Sure I agree that I didnt have an NAP with UT and that they havent broken any deals with my but I felt that AF side-stepped it and by doing so he cheated on me. Why? you ask. Well, I trusted them as a team. Otherwise I wouldnt have let them cross the border from a different angle without going harder at them and in the process be more prepared for impact from UT. To make a long story short, I felt cheated by them as a team and I got pissed.

That made me ask the remaining players for assistance and not very surpricing I got them to help me out.

Wheter or not Mullog broke the NAP I cant really tell. All I know is that he wouldnt have done it intentionally and it is intresting that you (AF and UT) want me to simply face some hard facts in what I felt was a shady NAP breaking but you are totally going after Mullog for doing an identical thing.

Anyway, I hope you two crybabies are happy since you bullied him out of the game. He sent us a mail today in which he quits the group.

If Saladin agrees I would like to set it up so that the TFF wins this one and share the VP's. Then they can sit there with all their points and see if they feel that they are worth as much as if they won them fair and square.

Note: I only quit if Sal does it too. Otherwise I want them rolled over. (No freebies for you Sal. I want you to work for your VP's so that they are acutally worth something to you :wink: )

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:00 pm

Listen here Mr. Perfect, I never attacked you or caused any damage to you what so ever so you can just shut the hell up.

Mullog actually attacked me and didn't even wait to do it. :roll:

If his real intention was to end his nap with me then he still needed to wait 2 turns from his "this means war" e-mail, but that he did not do. The next turn he attacked me and that my friend is bologna and why I am raising the issue.

As for Undertaker attacking you, well that is just poor diplomacy on your part. He didn't go through me to do it, he went through Massie.

Tough luck pal, but I play fair and square and I expect everyone else to do the same.

You all try and accuse me of doing wrong but when the facts are on the table, well, you all just seem to cry as much as you accuse us of doing it.

Maybe you should concentrate on the real issue here and grow up. Just because we seem to dominate alot of games these days, that is no reason to always try and cause problems.

All your doing is making yourself look more idiotic than you need to.

KMA

Allister
Last edited by Allister Fiend on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:17 pm

All I know is I demand a score recount, I'm certain my score is above 0 :) If anyone remembers last years Vice Champs...I'm doing it again...lowest score ever!

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:44 pm

Seriously AF, if you want me to take you seriously at all you need to first stop cursing (I'm surpriced the moderator is letting you go) and secondly see the difference of self-irony (my statement of teflon) and a blown up confidence (your statement about domination).

Furthermore you really need to get some distance to things here in order to actually read what I am writing.

When UT attacked me it wasnt due to poor diplomacy. It was due to a misplaced trust. To UT's defence I have to say that he has been discussing all this in a far more grown up matter then you have AF. Sure we dont look eye to eye here. We arent even close but all the rest of us accept the fact that we dont agree and DISCUSS and ARGUE about it. We dont flip out on the board with profanity and stupid statements.

I accept almost everything in the heat of the moment. That is right after a turn is sent or a reply to an e-mail. I didnt really think before I wrote when I saw the TR but that is a reaction to an incident. This is just dragging a dead horse for no reason. (is that a saying or did I just make one up? Wait, it is beating a dead horse, right?)

Oh, and you are correct on one thing. I am indeed Mr.Perfect. :lol:

PS: Why is Funty trying to butt into this thread? Word of advice: Stay out of stuff like this before you draw attention to yourself :wink:

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:49 pm

One more thing.

This:
Allister Fiend wrote:If his real intention was to end his nap with me then he still needed to wait 2 turns from his "this means war" e-mail, but that he did not do. The next turn he attacked me and that my friend is bullshit and why I am raising the issue.
is uncalled for.

No way that Mullog broke that NAP intentionally. Keep saying that and I'll see you in some grudgematch down the road. I'll back Mullog up in this matter for as long as it takes so just drop it.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:33 pm

Duke wrote:

I got a reply that said something like "Ok, no problem" and in the very next turn I get attacked by Undertaker.

Sure I agree that I didnt have an NAP with UT and that they havent broken any deals with my but I felt that AF side-stepped it and by doing so he cheated on me. Why? you ask. Well, I trusted them as a team. Otherwise I wouldnt have let them cross the border from a different angle without going harder at them and in the process be more prepared for impact from UT. To make a long story short, I felt cheated by them as a team and I got pissed.
Duke, you've got to be kidding. A NAP with AF means nothing for you and I. That's pretty lame. Trusted us as a team. That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. We had no NAP and were not even working together. That is just poor playing on your part.

And you didn't let me cross any borders, nor did I ask for your permission. You have no case at all here.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:37 pm

Duke wrote:One more thing.

This:
Allister Fiend wrote:If his real intention was to end his nap with me then he still needed to wait 2 turns from his "this means war" e-mail, but that he did not do. The next turn he attacked me and that my friend is bullshit and why I am raising the issue.
is uncalled for.

No way that Mullog broke that NAP intentionally. Keep saying that and I'll see you in some grudgematch down the road. I'll back Mullog up in this matter for as long as it takes so just drop it.
Actually its totally called for (minus the cursing). 2 turn notification actually takes 2 turns before attacking can begin. Wow no wonder you guys don't win many games, its you bassackward approach to diplomacy. :flamer:
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:48 pm

Duke wrote:No way that Mullog broke that NAP intentionally. Keep saying that and I'll see you in some grudgematch down the road. I'll back Mullog up in this matter for as long as it takes so just drop it.
I never said he broke it intentionally, but either way he still broke the NAP. :roll:

The standard for a 2-turn notice is this:

A 10 turn NAP with a 2-turn notice means that if you want to attack on turn 10 then you better send the notice before turn 8 is ran, otherwise you are breaking the NAP.

If you wait until after turn 8 then you must wait until turn 11 to attack unless the other party involved agrees that it is OK.

If you don't agree that this is the standard then you need to be more specific.

He offered the NAP, I accepted it, He broke it, I didn't.

End of story.

Ask anyone, I bet most will agree with me, even Saladin does.(And that is unusual)

Sorry for swearing but you and Mullog just don't get it do ya?

YOU ARE WRONG.

PS. I'll be awaiting your challenge for the next "Grudge Match".

Actually I am looking forward to it. :twisted:

I will not post to this any more unless you try to turn it around again and then I have no choice but to defend myself, I like to have the last word if you haven't noticed. :wink:

Oh and I removed the swear word previously used, that was uncalled for but at that time I was a little ticked off at your rediculousness.
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:05 pm

Now this is more like it.

We still dont agree but only in a perfect world would everyone agree all the time (and that would be plain boring).

Got to go now but I am all set here. Hopefully Mullog agrees to keep playing and we can finish this off in style.

I expect some heat from all sides, it is a wargame after all, as long as we all keep it clean. (Yes that includes me as well :roll:)

I am done with this thread now.

See you on the fields. None of this was personal, only business but being TFF guys you understand that right? Or do I need to say it with an Italian accent? :wink:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:24 pm

At Wrestlemania... I want You!!! :unclesam:

Cage Match.... just me... and you... any my GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkeyride:
Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:37 pm

Hmmmm, sounds like Chris needs to be gearing up for Grudgematch #02!!!!!!!!!!!
I will have to think on who I want to fight this time. I already put Donut in his place so I'll let someone else have a crack at him next time. 8)

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:12 pm

Donut wrote:At Wrestlemania... I want You!!! :unclesam:

Cage Match.... just me... and you... any my GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkeyride:
Donut

LOL!!

I cant belive I actually followed that stuff when I was younger. :oops:

That is it. Im growing a goatee and will take some pictures when Im all oiled up wearing nothing but minature leather shorts and I want one with AF dressed up as Captain America.

Then I'll get a website up: www.menwithguts.com

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:56 pm

Can i be Jake the Snake then?! :D

No wait...i hate snakes...erm...i want to be Brett 'The Hitman' Hart!

Yeah that's it! Or...maybe the Junkjard Dog? :?
Last edited by Saladin on Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:08 pm

It's Jake the Snake Sal... it has to rhyme :P

I'm curious if anyone will get the movie that the Guards quote came from...

Donut

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:53 pm

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Great film...
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:23 pm

Grrr.... those search engines!! :twisted:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:05 am

I'll give him credit he had it between a "Robin Hood" movie and the "Princess Bride" movie before he posted.

Donut

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 am

I've sooo lost you guys here. Robin Hood? Did TKG have a quote?

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:39 pm

PS: Why is Funty trying to butt into this thread? Word of advice: Stay out of stuff like this before you draw attention to yourself
I'm part of the community, and being the ethical player that I am (have I ever broken a nap with anyone?) I figure I have the right to comment on how the player-based community views other members as (not)trustworthy.