Requesting another GM (or GMs) to take over my 2 groups

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Brykovian

Requesting another GM (or GMs) to take over my 2 groups

Post by Brykovian » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:10 pm

I'm finding it difficult to make time to run the turns for my two active groups (check the KAObase to see what I'm running) -- both standard WOK4 games.

I will be able to continue forward, but probably only at 1 turn per week, which I think is a bit on the slow side. If any GM has some room on their weekly games-running schedule, I'll happily turn everything over to you.

In the meantime, I'll keep the games creeping along.

-Matt
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:46 pm

No worries Bryk....look at it this way. If you run each group 1 turn per week, that gives you a total of 2 turns per week.

Now compare that to the other GM's out there, and you are in the top 5.

I'm not trying to be rude to other GM's, but MOST GM's have 1 or no games going and that would be 1 to 0 turns per week.

So...take your time, have fun, and don't worry about it.

Cheers,
Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:10 pm

Matt,
Any pace that you have to set is fine by me. Once a week will work. You've done an excellant job so far in the game I'm in, don't pass it on. I'm sure everyone will agree that once a week will work. Send an e-mail and ask. I would say that a majority will agree.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:13 pm

As far as I know Nick is on 'vacation mode' and claimed he had too much time at hands.

He might be able to pick those games up from you, Bryk - just mail him.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:11 pm

I am on vacation mode now, yes, but only for another three weeks. I really do not want to take a game over that isn't guarenteed to be fnished in that time, otherwise I would simply have to turn it over to yet another GM. To finish those games in that timeframe I'd probably have to do turns at a pace that some players may find too fast- sorry.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:28 am

Matt,
I would be willing to take over 1 of the games but I couldn't guarantee that I would be able to do more than 1 turn a week. If it really gets too tough for you I can at least do that. That is about the only GMing I suspect I will do, finish games that cannot finish. I have been going through my own version of "WOK burnout" lately but I would hate to see games not finish that players have put so much effort into.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here