SUBURBIA NAP BREAKING AFFAIR

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

SUBURBIA NAP BREAKING AFFAIR

Post by griffon » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:41 pm

The situation at the moment:
I made a small mistake in spying on Donut one turn before my nap with him ended.
I repeatedly explained and apologised in emails and on the boards, saying its an honest mistake to various parties concerned.
If players don't want to accept my apologies then I don't know what to do else.

Now, secondly I have an extremely busy schedule and was unable to play the last few turns.
So asked my clanmates for a deputy and Butcher agreed to play. He was unaware of my naps. Like the one with Trewqh.

So now the big announcement:
I am going to step down from this game, and let Trewqh and Donut get my resources in an effort to clear my reputation.
Also, if Al and Massie wants me out of DOW I will leave.

Again, it was honest mistakes directly relating to my busy schedule.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:23 pm

Lets take things easy here.

Its a game aimed at BEGINNERS after all. I know mistakes have been made, but after all the important part is to learn from them, and not repeat them.

I believe neither the little spying nor the small skirmish from Butcher played a really decisive part in this game. However, I am not here to judge or speak up for the Players concerned.

At least I have to admit I had some GM glitches too, but then I havent been running a game in ages.

I just hope the Players concerned can fogive you or find some agreement that does not involve you to leave the Group.

And DoW will surely keep you. Live and learn ! (And sign up for one of the 4 currently open waitlists maybe... :wink: )

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:01 am

Well i think that Griffon has done the right thing in this game. He's made a mistake which resulted in a nap breaking and he's fully compensating that...i don't think anybody can keep any grudges against him after this.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:39 am

I haven't been at home over the weekend and that's why you had to wait for my reply.

As we know, I didn't have the knowledge about someone else doing orders for Griffon. That's why I won't apologise for my accusations but I will just confirm that they were not true.

Griffon, your proposal concerning recompensation is an honorable one but, as Al wrote, this is a beginner game and now when I know what has really happened I would feel bad to take you out without a fight. I don't want you to leave this group. However I do want something. What I want is a change in our agreement (which I believe you will want to abide to gain respect in our eyes). I know it's only 14 hours until the deadline but what I want is:
- spying is allowed starting this turn (11)
- bombing and attacking is allowed on turn 12 (as in the previous nap)

Also, Moridin, answering to your e-mail, I agree that our nap stays unaffected. This means that after turn 11 is run any deals we had are off.

Let us all learn from our mistakes, :)
trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:02 am

Heard from the bleachers:

"Hey Donut, could you go get some hot dogs for us too! What? Oh, you want mustard on yours Warpy? No, no mustard on his! Wait! Come back! It looks like they are about to begin again!! Oh they joy. Pass the popcorn will you?"

"Sure thing Poly"
First one here, last one to leave.

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by griffon » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:08 pm

I am happy about the positive responses.

My decision to leave the game still stands. Sorry DOW, Al and Moridin.

I would like to hear what Donut and Lord Fredo have to say about the matter, since they also were involved.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:30 pm

Also, if Al and Massie wants me out of DOW I will leave.
Just to make sure again: no one in DOW wants you out of the Clan.

I respect your honourable decision. If you dont change your mind and I get no orders from you, all your provinces will revert to neutrals by the end of the next Turn.

Make sure to join an open game if you havent yet. Some are desperately looking for Players to start. :wink:

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:25 pm

Duke wrote:"Sure thing Poly"
You not just watching all this too?
:popcorn:

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:49 pm

That's strange. I got an e-mail from Griffon saying that he won't quit the game. The mail was one hour older than his last post here.

What happened Griffon?

trewqh
trewqh

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:47 pm

First, I'd like to apologize for the lack of response. I had Major computer troubles this last weekend and now is the first that I've had to check the boards.

I agree with Al here that the spying was not an act that had definite impact on the outcome of the game. What upset me the most, and still does, is that Griffon does not see his AND Moridins (as BOTH of them spied on me) actions as a big deal. To me, not holding your word in a game of Diplomacy is a VERY big deal.

As for the bombing of Trewqh, I'm not very well informed as I've been absent for the last 5 days. But I think that bombing is a definite action that needs compensation(Trewqh took physical losses to the bombings; whereas I only lost a couple of EFF points due to the spying :( )

I wish you both luck against Trewqh, you will need it. It seems to me that the 200+ troops that I took out of yours could have come in handy. My losing for the better of the clan....... I think, right?..... I hope so anyway :lol:

GO TREWQH!!

p.s. Sorry Duke, but in the spirit of Milwaukee, you have your choice of Polish or Italian Sausage and a brat(You can't just have a Hot Dog). What'll it be? I'm partial to brats :D :D

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:09 pm

Im partial to: Polish... :P

trewqh
trewqh

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:59 am

I'm guessing brat stands for bratwurst (and not an annoying child wrapped in a bun) which narrows my choices to Polish, Italian or German sausages.

I've never heard that they can make any good sausages in either Poland or Italy so I guess I'll have a brat then. Make it that little one from the Rascals. If it is October then I'll have a weissbier to go with that german dog. Oh and donut could you serve it in one of them outfits they have in Germany and blablablabla *wanders off babbling*

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:47 pm

I think Undertaker or Allister might have one of those outfits in their closet.....after all, they both work in "Michigan's little Bavaria".....how about it guys?
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:13 pm

Duke, you've never heard of italian sausage? you back assward swedes
God of WOK

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:09 pm

Hey there Smashie! Ever heard of the famous falukorv (korv=sausage in swedish) by any chance? you front assward american? :wink:

... hmm did anyone say bratwurst...? yummy... *heads off to get one of those bad boys*

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:55 pm

I'm confused.......
God of WOK

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:06 pm

SmashFace wrote:I'm confused.......
Again, a member of the Brotherhood succeeds in his attempt. :P

trewqh
trewqh

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:11 am

Mylantis wrote:I think Undertaker or Allister might have one of those outfits in their closet.....after all, they both work in "Michigan's little Bavaria".....how about it guys?
Allister says it's called leder hosen, and yes, he has one.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:08 am

what the heck is assward and why isnt the censor picking up on it?

Nope, never heard of an italian sausage. Never heard of a chinese or brazilian sausage either.

In Erie, PA where I was for a year we ate hot dogs. We didnt know which country they originated from. We didnt care, we wanted to eat them, not speak with them.

Btw, does anyone want to order a shipment of replica jedi golfball retrievers with me?

Go Gyslain - The Star Wars Kid!!!! I am with you all the way!!

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:42 am

Just found this.

This must be the funniest clone of the SWK that is out there.

http://members.rogers.com/daniel.holmes/SWK-LOTOR.WMV