GM Replacement

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

GM Replacement

Post by Funtastick » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:21 pm

GM Tyler is looking for a replacement to run his group 03. I'm in the game so of course I can't do it, but anyone else not in the game is more than willing to take up the challenge. Please contact me, funtastick86@hotmail.com and I can relay the message to Tyler and have him get you the info you need.

Thanks!

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:28 pm

:(
Half-hearted GMs who do not finish games, are indeed becoming disappointing, and frustrating. So, to pick up where Trewqh left off, Raw and I hereby quit this game.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:49 pm

Not to point any fingers, but isn't Tyler another Appleton GM? Like Seth and Dom? I could be wrong here but it certainly seems to me like this is a trend..... :(
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:01 pm

Dameon wrote:Not to point any fingers, but isn't Tyler another Appleton GM? Like Seth and Dom? I could be wrong here but it certainly seems to me like this is a trend..... :(
I believe that Seth is from Wisconsin but not from Appleton. I know that it doesn't change anything but... oh, well...

A sad thread it is. :?

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:43 pm

Are there results from Dom's 5 yet?

-Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:56 pm

trewqh wrote:I believe that Seth is from Wisconsin but not from Appleton. I know that it doesn't change anything but...
Actually, Seth/Ecrivian *is* originally from Appleton, and a was a student at the same highschool that gave us Tbert, Smashy/Dom, Funtastick/Andy, and Butcher/Tyler. (And I believe that Mason is a teacher there.)

I don't think their geography has as much to do with it as their age ... It would be like saying that all of the players from Ireland drink a lot and are a bit unpredictabled (see, Mac is the exception there), or that the Dutch players tend to bounce in and out of the game (but then there's Sal).

Again, I'm not defending anyone committing to something, then not following through (because that seems to be a sad trend) ... but then again, I can't really talk much on that front now can I? ;) :P

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:00 pm

Dameon wrote:Not to point any fingers, but isn't Tyler another Appleton GM? Like Seth and Dom? I could be wrong here but it certainly seems to me like this is a trend..... :(
Somehow I think this might be Nick trying to build himself a doorway to a Wisconsin-bashing thread ... ;) :P ... Guess I'll have to have my Trooper friend in Milwaukee keep a sharp eye out when Nick heads north into Chicagoland's favorite "state park"! :D

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:39 am

Brykovian wrote: ... Guess I'll have to have my Trooper friend in Milwaukee keep a sharp eye out when Nick heads north into Chicagoland's favorite "state park"! :D

-Bryk
Word of advice Nick, don't drive through here. Milwaukee drivers are horrible and there is sooo much construction, going anywhere is impossible. Gotta love this city....... 'specially when Miller releases the vents to the hops. I get drunk from the smeelll :oops: :shock: :lol:
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:26 pm

Brykovian wrote:
Somehow I think this might be Nick trying to build himself a doorway to a Wisconsin-bashing thread ... ;) :P ... Guess I'll have to have my Trooper friend in Milwaukee keep a sharp eye out when Nick heads north into Chicagoland's favorite "state park"! :D

-Bryk

Don't worry Bryk, let him thru, I'll be waiting at the boarder with a shotgun ready. :lol: RED TEAM GO!
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:00 am

Hehe, I win for being the only GM from Appleton not to be criticized too bad. Either way, from what I learn, Smashface and Butcher don't care too much about WOK anymore and I doubt you'll be seeing their faces around. Mason has been busy with moving and playing another game, I'll get him back when the school year starts though, I remember staying after school 2 hours to talk WOK with him.

By the way Matt, I give you two thumbs up for getting them all, and a special gold star for remembering the "k" at the end of my name, why don't people ever type it, too lazy, maybe?

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:02 am

Forgot to say in my last post, but GM Fredrik, or Freddie Freddie Freddie as some of us like to call him, is taking up GM Tyler's 03 and should have the game running pronto. Three cheers for taking over the game Fredrik, and good luck all once we get this game moving again.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:33 pm

Didn't Smashface have a function around WOK apart from GMing?

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:35 pm

Really don't remember to tell you the truth.