GM ALs Group#17 - Suburbia

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:00 pm

Strider wrote:We want a cage match!! Dance for us! DANCE!!! :P
Well, let's get back to...:

Me with korexus?! He wouldn't last 2 rounds with me. Just look at Al's 17. :devilish:

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:14 pm

gm_al wrote:You could have asked for a confirmation if I got your orders, this would have been good it seems. Ill do that from now on for non-AOF sent orders.
Could I propose updating the game's page with this info? I know that it is easier for me to update the page than send out e-mails after receiving each non-AOF sender orders. So how about that?

trewqh
trewqh

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:16 pm

It is way easier to cick on 'Reply' and send a confirmation mail imho.

I do occasionally update the Group page between Turns, but not that often. Id rather look to see the KaoBase be in line. *hint, hint to other GMs*

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:39 pm

trewqh wrote:I didn't bring it up, I didn't expect you to bring this up, I don't want to talk about this so I won't comment that. :P
"Witness me saying nothing, absolutely nothing, I'm not saying anything am I?"

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:02 pm

Polymorphic wrote:
trewqh wrote:I didn't bring it up, I didn't expect you to bring this up, I don't want to talk about this so I won't comment that. :P
"Witness me saying nothing, absolutely nothing, I'm not saying anything am I?"
Hmm... This could start a form/content discussion. But do we want this?....

... in this thread. :winkwink:

trewqh :D
trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:45 am

Disciples of WOK defenitely need a rules page! :evil:

Griffon and Moridin! :sniper:

I didn't expect such a behaviour from players who learned from Massielita and Dark Monk! :bomb:

trewqh
trewqh

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:13 am

Well what did they do then? :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:47 pm

Attack someone who no longer had a NAP with us? :stooges:
He never extended it with us, I have the letter that clearly states when it was over if you want me to forward it to you Trewqh.
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:17 pm

:popcorn:

Carry on, children... :mrgreen:
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:50 pm

Moridin wrote:Attack someone who no longer had a NAP with us? :stooges:
He never extended it with us, I have the letter that clearly states when it was over if you want me to forward it to you Trewqh.
Please, do.

trewqh
trewqh

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by griffon » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:31 pm

trewqh wrote:Disciples of WOK defenitely need a rules page! :evil:

Griffon and Moridin! :sniper:

I didn't expect such a behaviour from players who learned from Massielita and Dark Monk! :bomb:

trewqh
Firstly, the business is between Donut and us. I am sure he can speak for himself. I don't want to go into details, but our nap expired. So it was open season. It is not our fault he is asleep. :? :?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

You're right, it is between you two and me. Heres the way I see it; You both spied me last turn. That I am almost certain of since both Warped and Polymorphic e-mailed me and assured me that they did not spy me. As neither of them would have any gain from spying me, I believe them. THIS is a "Breach of Contract" so to say. I admit that the attacks were in correspondence to our NAP as it ended AFTER last turn. I made a costly mistake in missing the turn. While it hurt me, I am far from out of the game; this I assure you. :x

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by griffon » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:47 am

Donut wrote: THIS is a "Breach of Contract" so to say. I admit that the attacks were in correspondence to our NAP as it ended AFTER last turn. I made a costly mistake in missing the turn. While it hurt me, I am far from out of the game; this I assure you. :x

Donut
I am very sorry if that was the way you understood the situation. I was under the impression :oops: it ended the beginning of the turn.
We were not breaking any agreements or contracts.
But I think there is a little bit of sour grapes involved on your part. :wink:
Again, I do apologise. I will make clearer naps in future.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:29 pm

Best thing to do is add a line saying, 'hostilities can begin on turn xx' that way there can't be any misunderstandings. :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:45 pm

This is the e-mail from YOU, to me:
Donut
Hi there, I am not sure about the terms of our (me and
Griffon) nap with you.
See if you agree with this:
5 turns started turn 2 ending turn 6? From turn 7 the
nap expires, unless we extend it of course.
Let me know,
Griffon
Now to me that means that the NAP ran Through 6?!?

Donut

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:53 am

"sniff sniff" you smell that? is something burning? OH YEAH BABY that would be Griffon LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flamer: I'm sorry but I have to say something about trewqhs avatar....uh... Well maybe I shouldnt say it.
When injustice is law, resistance is duty

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:32 pm

Warped Angel wrote:"sniff sniff" you smell that? is something burning? OH YEAH BABY that would be Griffon LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flamer: I'm sorry but I have to say something about trewqhs avatar....uh... Well maybe I shouldnt say it.
Since my avatar is so inpiring then I would feel very bad if you suppressed your need to express yourself after being influenced by my image. :P

trewqh
trewqh

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:00 pm

I know I'm a newcomer to the game but from reading other posts it seems that diplomacy is a thing that many find very important to maintain a good reputation in. But... Judging my Griffon and Moridin's silence on the matter at hand, I don't get that feeling from them. It seems to me that they don't find their breaking of our NAP to be important enough to respond to my arguments. As I stated before in the Quoted e-mail, the NAP did not have "Questionable Terms" as Griffon stated that he misinterpreted the turn that it ended on.

I personally feel that the NAP we had between us had very concrete terms. I also feel that there premature spying should be compensated for. The provinces that were spied out were the first ones to be taken by Griffon. He knew enough to send 1 army into an undefended province with quite a few workers.

I'll leave it up to you 2 to come up with something; e-mail me when you have an answer. Until then, I don't think that I will be making any NAP's with either of you, or the DoW as I feel that they are poorly represented on this matter. :?

Donut

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by griffon » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:18 am

Donut wrote:I know I'm a newcomer to the game but from reading other posts it seems that diplomacy is a thing that many find very important to maintain a good reputation in. But... Judging my Griffon and Moridin's silence on the matter at hand, I don't get that feeling from them. It seems to me that they don't find their breaking of our NAP to be important enough to respond to my arguments. As I stated before in the Quoted e-mail, the NAP did not have "Questionable Terms" as Griffon stated that he misinterpreted the turn that it ended on.

I personally feel that the NAP we had between us had very concrete terms. I also feel that there premature spying should be compensated for. The provinces that were spied out were the first ones to be taken by Griffon. He knew enough to send 1 army into an undefended province with quite a few workers.

I'll leave it up to you 2 to come up with something; e-mail me when you have an answer. Until then, I don't think that I will be making any NAP's with either of you, or the DoW as I feel that they are poorly represented on this matter. :?

Donut
Like I allready said, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I don't keep records of all the emails I send. The one you quoted is mine. So it is my mistake to do the spying. But that was all I did. I did not attack you beforehand.
As for compensation; the fact that you missed the turn sort of cancelled that out.
I also messed up my attack orders this turn, my armies would have been in nr 25 now.

Lastly, this is all a lot of noise about a small matter.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:28 pm

A small matter you say?

So how about I spy on you one turn before our NAP ends? You OK with that? :evil:

trewqh
trewqh