Calling all GMs

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:55 am

Dameon wrote:Yes, and that's exactly what I said if you'll scroll up a bit to read that korexus. Don't ask me why people got so excited. :o

Well, to be pedantic about this, you said the opposite, but only so you could get a cheap shot in at the WoK 4 players...

I dunno, maybe I missed the point of this thread. But it looks like you started off complaining about no one opening up WoK 5 games - fair enough if that's what you want. But then after one opened up you seem to have wanted to carry on whining. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, that's just how things seem from over here...

Personally, I think both games look like a lot of fun and would have been quite happy to play in either of them. Maybe I'm just easier to please. Us simple minded WoK 4 players do be like that sometimes... :wink:

Anyway, I'm going to bed. This will probably make no sense in the morning :?

korexus.

*editted to add a quote from Dameon so people know what I'm on about, as Warpy decided to post while I was still typing and bunged me onto the next page. Going to have to learn to type faster I guess...*
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:34 am

Warped Angel wrote:
Dameon wrote:That much is true Butcher, it takes a much simpler mind (and less time in general, just ask Eg!) to be able to win a WOK 4 game after all, therefore it is more popular. I guess GMs just have to cater to the masses, although one would think the last WOK 5 list filling in less than 24 hours says something no? Matt thought so anyway, and he's a clever fellow. Anyway never mind, don't think about that too much Butchie, it'll just hurt your brain. :crazy:
Maybe the reason people got excited was the fact that you called the wok4 players simple minded. or am I just getting excited here? :stupid:
Don't forget, you're also peons, I guess we can chalk up a couple more tally marks on the World side of the Dameon vs The World ongoing prize fight..... walks away slowly.... :twisted:
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:56 am

OK, I do apologize if the wording put anybody off. Maybe instead of saying "it takes a simpler mind" I should have said "it takes less skill". Better? I really didn't mean to piss anybody off I was just stating the obvious, really. :roll:

Anyway whatever....I've learned long ago that what people think of me on the boards means nothing when it comes down to the game. My diplomatic persona in game gets much more done than my loud-mouth braggart out of game, trust me. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."