Calling all GMs

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

xero_786
Recruit
Recruit

Calling all GMs

Post by xero_786 » Wed May 28, 2003 11:57 am

Hi

Are there any GMs that would like to open a new game, i know that quite a bit have just closed but I didn't manage to get into any of them. Also I am sure that there are other players in the same position as myself. So please are there any GMs willing to open one. Any players that feel the same way could you leave a reply so that the kind GM can get the waitlist full asap.

-Xero
Men are defeated but out of them the Warriors rise to fight again

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed May 28, 2003 12:09 pm

My school collegue would probably want to join one. He didn't chose a clan yet but I think I got him interested in Kaomaris.

trewqh

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed May 28, 2003 12:17 pm

I agree. With the WOK 4th birthday coming up I got my hands quite full, but I definitely hope that a few new waitlists pop up soon.

I know GM Egbert has been looking to get into opening more games, and the WSC has already granted him full GM status (well done job, Eg)

And Im pretty sure a few ppl are just holding back things for a birthday surprise on June 1st. :roll:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed May 28, 2003 1:27 pm

I am working on a new map, :twisted: and practicing my skills on running a WOK4 game :( before I open one, but it should be soon.

Surprisingly, it is more difficult to run a WOK4 game than a WOK5 one. I sure wish that whoever was running this "Kaomaris" thing would create an easy WOK4 manager, like the WOK5 manager. :wink:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

xero_786
Recruit
Recruit

Post by xero_786 » Wed May 28, 2003 1:40 pm

Yea!!!!! :D

Thx Egbert, how soon will you start one????

Xero

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed May 28, 2003 2:49 pm

Me thinks Eggie will get quite some 'pre-signups' now.... :)

WOK4 and WOK5 are...uhmmm.... steps of an evolutionary ladder. WOK4 came first, and was quite 'homemade'.

However with the WOK5 Manager doing the WOK4 order scans and map colouring it shouldnt be too hard - not even for a studied man like you :lol:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed May 28, 2003 4:59 pm

Argh, please open another WOK 5 game Eg! There are currently nine active WOK 4 groups and only FIVE active WOK 5 ones (three of which I am GMing, go figure) No new WOK 5 games have started outside of mine since Taker's group. (And no Seth, yours still hasn't started yet, even if I had been crazy enough to sign up for it) The last WOK 5 game I opened, Hexed, filled in less than twenty-four hours, so there is clearly a demand there. Please stick with WOK 5 Eg it is easier and more fun too! :verycool:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

xero_786
Recruit
Recruit

Post by xero_786 » Thu May 29, 2003 10:49 am

Erm... ok. It'll be my first WOK5 game but I wanted to get into WOK5 anywayz. The manual makes it easy enough :book: . Ok Egbert if you wish to start a WOk5 game then I hve no ojections to that. Also it is better for me as I can get a clanmate for that with no problem. All the other players dont think I'll be a pushover though... :pure evil:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu May 29, 2003 12:06 pm

:roll: Push, pull, push, pull.

Guys, it's nice of you to try and choose which type of game that I am going to run next, but I have already decided --- I made a new map for it. Besides, I have spoken to Bryk, and he is going to be running the other type. So, you will both have what you want. :)
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu May 29, 2003 12:11 pm

That's OK then. As long as I get what I want, nobody gets hurt, capische? :sniper:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

xero_786
Recruit
Recruit

Post by xero_786 » Thu May 29, 2003 12:35 pm

Ok thats fine. I'll join both. WOK4 is quicker and theres a lot more quick action invovled anyways. :army:

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Fri May 30, 2003 3:11 am

Thats it Eggy stick to your guns, I'll join another wok4 game as soon as one opens up. I havent played wok5 yet, I figure let the old timers have their fun. If I played wok5 I might have to buy a calculator :P
When injustice is law, resistance is duty

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Sat May 31, 2003 7:32 am

Dameon wrote:Argh, please open another WOK 5 game Eg! There are currently nine active WOK 4 groups and only FIVE active WOK 5 ones (three of which I am GMing, go figure) No new WOK 5 games have started outside of mine since Taker's group. (And no Seth, yours still hasn't started yet, even if I had been crazy enough to sign up for it) The last WOK 5 game I opened, Hexed, filled in less than twenty-four hours, so there is clearly a demand there. Please stick with WOK 5 Eg it is easier and more fun too! :verycool:
'

Gee, maybe there are more wok 4 games because it is more popular?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat May 31, 2003 3:01 pm

That much is true Butcher, it takes a much simpler mind (and less time in general, just ask Eg!) to be able to win a WOK 4 game after all, therefore it is more popular. I guess GMs just have to cater to the masses, although one would think the last WOK 5 list filling in less than 24 hours says something no? Matt thought so anyway, and he's a clever fellow. Anyway never mind, don't think about that too much Butchie, it'll just hurt your brain. :crazy:

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Sat May 31, 2003 9:51 pm

Dameon....... I'm not gonna say much. It sounds like your good at digging your own hole.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:13 am

Dameon wrote: ...although one would think the last WOK 5 list filling in less than 24 hours says something no?
How long did it take for the WOK4 game at that time to fill? Less than 24 hours?

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:49 am

The moral of the story being, there is probably equal demand for both types of games, so equal numbers of both should be open no? Then again I suppose not you do have to take account all the peons who aren't playing WOK 5..... :lol:

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:29 am

Dameon wrote:The moral of the story being, there is probably equal demand for both types of games, so equal numbers of both should be open no?
So, when two GMs open one game each, one of them opening a WoK 4 game and the other opening a WoK 5 game would seem like the way forward, right? :P
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:19 pm

Yes, and that's exactly what I said if you'll scroll up a bit to read that korexus. Don't ask me why people got so excited. :o

Warped Angel
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Warped Angel » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:45 am

Dameon wrote:That much is true Butcher, it takes a much simpler mind (and less time in general, just ask Eg!) to be able to win a WOK 4 game after all, therefore it is more popular. I guess GMs just have to cater to the masses, although one would think the last WOK 5 list filling in less than 24 hours says something no? Matt thought so anyway, and he's a clever fellow. Anyway never mind, don't think about that too much Butchie, it'll just hurt your brain. :crazy:
Maybe the reason people got excited was the fact that you called the wok4 players simple minded. or am I just getting excited here? :stupid: