Clan Champs

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

trewqh

Clan Champs

Post by trewqh » Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a suggestion, couldn't we use the modified version of forest lake map for this game? It's main pro is that it's 8 times smaller and actually looks better than the one we can now see on the games page (no offense Pat it's just that you probably used MS Paint to convert the map into a GIF which is not such a good idea :) )

trewqh

PS I wanted to attach the modified map to my post but I can't do it. First I get a message that an image file can not be more than 200x200 pixels big (Yeah right! It's map!!!) And when I changed the name of the file to xxxx_gif (instead ofxxxx.gif) I couldn't post it either

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:47 pm

A different trick :P

It's actually a gif just download it and change the name to turn0.GIF.

t

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:34 pm

Thanks I will try to make this work the only problem I can think of is that the map maker needs it as a bitmap but I think I can figure out something. I spent quite awhile last night trying to play with that map so it was a little smaller but gave up after awhile and just went with what I had.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:58 pm

well it looks like I am going to spend alot more time coloring this game since the ini file is designed for the original map so the provinces get colored wrong. I tried doing it with the map maker and wound up with a disaster. I have no problems doing this but it means that it will take me longer to get turns out to the players. hopefully orders will be in early so I can get a head start.
Underdog is here

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:49 pm

On the other hand I know nothing about this GMing stuff... :) Sorry Pat. So I suppose it's not that easy as I thought it was with changing the map.

But couldn't you color the map I posted separately after the mapmaker does his stuff and put the smaller one on the page?

trewqh

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:24 pm

that is what I am going to do.
Underdog is here

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:52 pm

Oh... :oops:

Thanks, Pat
I hope it's going to be a great game!

trewqh

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:28 am

ok I think I got that orange color to look better and I changed the water color since it looked too much like player 10's color. now the water looks a little strange to me but thats the best I could make it look. maybe this weekend I will have more time to play around with it and see if I can't make it look better.
Underdog is here

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:15 am

OK the turn was due tonight but I seem to have lost a set of order I am reasonably certain I had earlier.

I have emailed the player concerned and I hope to get his orders back before tomorrow night so I can run the turn then. I am sorry for the delay but I could swear I saw his orders the other day and I must have accidently deleted them. one more reason to use the aof sender so I could get them from Al but NOOO this player sends his orders using the text form. Oh well.
Underdog is here