Han's Game #22 for absolute beginners

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Han's Game #22 for absolute beginners

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:44 am

Hi, and I think this won't clash with Yond's new standard game, nor take applicants away from it.

I'm about to go on a test-recruitment-drive, with the hook that you'll only be up against others who've never played before, and I as GM will help you all equally get the hang of it together ...

So, Yond's game gets ALL those who are currently on the books; mine is only for people I might recruit, no clash, no undermining of Yond's game-to-join, right?

I may not get any completely new triallists, or not enough, but at least I'm giving it a go...

GM Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 am

How about letting the likes of ARBCO and deucalion (who are currently into the 2nd turn of their first ever game) in?

They are not 'complete beginners' but close enough?

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Good idea. Take that as certainty if I get only 8 brand new applicants. Less certain if I get 12 brand new applicants. Fair enough?

GM Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:32 pm

BTW, I fully appreciate you looking out for those recent-comers, and speaking up for them being invited in. Great stuff that makes people feel more welcome. Net: good idea; it depends what numbers I get or don't get.

Han

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 pm

You need to get 18 new candidates to satisfy everyone now :wink:

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:49 am

i think we should have a new rule until this game is setup where any gms are not allowed to accept newbies into their games, they have to sign up to this one.

what do people think?? otherwise it will be here for ages and thats not fair on any one is it??

d