New game: Colonial.

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

New game: Colonial.

Post by korexus » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm

We haven't had this map for a while, so in order to keep a game open at all times, I set up a game on the colonial map. All values are as per the Standard WoK defaults.

If Donut wants to run this game, I'll happily swap it over to him, but I figured it was worth having a game for people to sign up to...

GM Chris
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:41 am

Well I was gonna sign up for this game but I see Raw is playing and a long time ago he said or did something to make someone mad, I don't even remember what he did or who he did it to but I just remember that he was mean so I refuse to play a game with him in it.

Hey I just saw I made it to 500 posts. who is responsible for handing out the kewpie dolls these days? Korexus, are you the one I have to talk to to get my doll?
Last edited by Underdog on Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:44 am

I would like to take the game. I am also planning on increasing the level bonus per round of battle. I think Double would be the best choice... though I kinda think higher would be ok too.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:10 am

You mean both the attack and defense bonuses? That would be interesting! :roll:

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:19 am

Josh is talking about the new game - Colonial.

[edit] Oops, I see the problem, I meant to add trewqh and I added Donut instead. Well, they're probably the same person anyway...[/edit]

If you want to take it over, send me an email. Include any values which you want changing and I'll swap everything at the same time. (Easier than each of us doing bits...

Chris.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:28 am

Haha! :twisted:

I've deleted my previous post and now you sound funny! :lol:

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:35 am

Two more sign ups: Kikkertje and Underdog, that gets us to 4 already. Could we actually manage 3 running games at the same time?!!

By my count, that gives 3 active scholars + Egbert, 3 active vulkings + Mullog (who I see round here quite often but doesn't post), 2 active Brothers of Vayuna, 1 from BoT, 1 from the Square of 144, 2 advanced mercs and 2 Newbie mercs. While not enough to make the clans the full part of WoK that they once were, it's probably enough to provide support for players as want it.

If anyone (from that clan!) wants to be made nominal head so that they can vet applications and get new players joined up, shout out.

Current clan heads are:
Scholars - Yours truely
Vulkings - Mullog
BoT - Yarosund
BoV - Lord Fredo
So144 - not listed presumably Eagle Eyes.[/i]

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Several more signups. Making 9 spaces taken in all. 2 of these are from new players who we haven't seen on the boards. If anyone knows who they are, please encourage them to come along and say hi...

Chris.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 am

Cool. Raw and SF in one game, i just have to join this one. It could be brutal!

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:57 pm

Underdog wrote:Well I was gonna sign up for this game but I see Raw is playing and a long time ago he said or did something to make someone mad, I don't even remember what he did or who he did it to but I just remember that he was mean so I refuse to play a game with him in it.
Underdog, I admire you taking a stand. I'll refuse to play in a game with Raw in as well. Something about him having insisted on taking both VP's rather than sharing them, from a game he won with his newbie (BoV?) clanmate, on the basis that he had done most of the work! Nasty. Plus other stuff all the time.

I'm with you. I won't join a game with Raw in it, nor should others. So you've withdrawn from the current Colonial, right? I refused to join it myself.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:10 pm

Han, please let it rest. No point in dragging up old sores you might have. It doesn't help the community to dig up the hatchet again.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:31 pm

I would also think that it would inspire you to fight him?
The scars remind us that the past is real.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:08 pm

In case people wonder - 24 and 27 connect, and 25 and 26 connect.
Is this info coming from korexus? Because if you ask me 25 and 26 do not look as if they were neighbours.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:23 pm

HAHA....keep digging.

UD - I don't recall doing anything to you...but then again it's been a while. I thought we always were on good terms.

Sal & SF - This is the first time I think we've been in a game since 2003 or 2004. This should be fun, but I can tell you I have a lot of rust.

Hannibabble - No Comment. I still can't believe you wont let this go.

Cheers to the rest in this game, should be fun for the few turns that I'll probably last.

-Raw

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I'm pretty sure UD's comment was very tongue-in-cheek ... in response to a different thread where he tried out some humor. (Why doesn't anyone else get UD's humor? He always has me chuckling.)

I'm sure Han will let it drop, since he has the good of the community in mind and has been working hard to rebuilt it as a friendly place. Plus, he looks his best on the high rode.

As for me and Raw ... we're always on terrible terms. (Lunch sometime soon, Ryan? ;))

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:10 pm

Brykovian wrote:I'm pretty sure UD's comment was very tongue-in-cheek ... in response to a different thread where he tried out some humor. (Why doesn't anyone else get UD's humor? He always has me chuckling.)

I'm sure Han will let it drop, since he has the good of the community in mind and has been working hard to rebuilt it as a friendly place. Plus, he looks his best on the high rode.

As for me and Raw ... we're always on terrible terms. (Lunch sometime soon, Ryan? ;))

-Bryk
I thought UD was probably pulling my chain. But with my memory loss over the years, I wasn't sure ;).

You goona need to link me to that thread so I can see how funny that guy is!

As for lunch Matt, yes sir. What day is good for you?

-Raw

Kikkertje
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Kikkertje » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:00 pm

trewqh wrote:
In case people wonder - 24 and 27 connect, and 25 and 26 connect.
Is this info coming from korexus? Because if you ask me 25 and 26 do not look as if they were neighbours.
Yes, I asked him and he replied. And I thought it would be nice to share.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:23 pm

Yes, it is nice of you, and fair! Now is not the time to do this, but I think that connection needs to be removed from this map once we finish the game.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:40 pm

Seeing as I am not in this game I mailed both newbies last week and offered my (limited) advice. Neither has deigned to reply however :?
Question everything.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Thanks for that, Lardmaster! :thumbsup: I also tried to contact them shortly before the game filled and also got no reply.