New WOK Standard Duel open for sign-up

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

New WOK Standard Duel open for sign-up

Post by Hannibal » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:37 pm

Duel #01 is looking interesting (it's paused because you guys keep giving Korexus fires to have to fight!).

I'm happy to GM a second, parallel, beta-test of it, if I have two volunteers. Double the learning, and join in on designing its final version.

As you may know, it uses Standard WOK rules, but for just TWO players, with each player taking 3 slots (with one of your colours being napped with an enemy colour, for interest and for tactical challenge). Plus, the other 4 player-slots are taken by Robot-players, who start just as strong, but play to slow-moving, automatic, predictable rules that the human opponents have to take into account, and make use of if they can.

See Duel #01 for how the first beta-test is playing between Trewqh and Korexus. See Houserules for Duel #02 for further explanation - slightly modified from Duel #01 already.

As for changing the basic parameters of Standard WOK:
#Max per prov is 100 armies, 100 workers, 100 missiles.
#The start AIM of all 10 players is back to the Standard, ie. DEF.
#Workers working on LEV is back to the old, higher, value of 0.005 per worker per turn, (but note the limit of 100 workers and 100 armies per prov).
#Neutrals start with 20 workers instead of the standard 16, so that they reduce to a versatile 16 workers on first capture.

Don't worry about this clashing with Egbert's sign-up for a Standard WOK game .... Duel is fast and furious, and might well be over before Egbert's list fills up for the game to start. Or we can put this on hold if Egbert's game kicks off part-way through it.

It's not a game for a first-timer. You should have played at least once! But if fairly new players volunteer, I'm happy to pair them together.

E-mail me if you are interested, and I'll choose a "matching" pair.

Cheers,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to