Battleground: Earth

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sun May 14, 2006 3:58 pm

Turn report for Battleground: Earth, turn 16

It says I went M-1 for this turn yet I sent my orders in before the deadline :o(

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon May 15, 2006 12:17 pm

Sorry, I have no idea how to check this. Mike or Chris --- r u out there?

BTW, Hryllantre, this usually is a result of sending in orders for the wrong game.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon May 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Since it happened to Eagle Eyes as well recently then this might be a... buglike feeling trend :)

Chris? :P
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon May 15, 2006 5:51 pm

Egbert: The link http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... X&player=Y where X is the turn number and Y is the player number in question should allow you to see what orders (if any) have been entered. Note, the only people for whom links like this will work are the GM of the game and the player whose orders they are, so everyone else, don't even bother trying to cheat! :P

As Hryllantre is also in Mike's game, I'm tempted to think this is the same wrong link clicking problem. I added the orders sent check to help solve that, would people like more help, perhaps a big banner at the top of the SAOF, "Submit orders for PLAYER for Turn TURN NUMBER in GM GM NAME'S GAME NAME" or something?

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Eagle_Eyes
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Eagle_Eyes » Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 pm

it is close to the end why don't you just give up

my armies are listed below
35 armies on a level 5
55 armies on a level of 4.3
63 armies on a level of 2

your armies
13 armies on a level of 3
40 armies on a level of 4

and both you eff is crap

you can't beat me and
raw has armies to just give us the vp's

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue May 16, 2006 12:46 pm

korexus wrote: ...would people like more help, perhaps a big banner at the top of the SAOF, "Submit orders for PLAYER for Turn TURN NUMBER in GM GM NAME'S GAME NAME" or something?
Coincidence. I wasn't going to bother you by requesting it, but since you're actually offering ....... :

I'd love the SAOF to remind you, at the top, which game, which player and which colour this is the SAOF for.

Particularly for Duel, where you have 3 players to put in orders for (2 once trewqh has ripped one of them). I have this nightmare that I'll call up SAOF for my player #2, and input orders for player #3 ....and then vice versa ......so that all orders LOOK as if they're in but in fact all inputted orders are void. Still, I suppose that might give trewqh a chance :wink:

It would be nice to scroll up to the top every phase in order to check which player you are inputting for .... especially if you get distracted by a 5-year-old and come back to the screen later unsure as to which colour's set of orders you were half-way through ...

Oh yes, and if it's not too much trouble, I also asked to be reminded what COLOUR (OK, COLOR) these are the orders for. Clearly doesn't really matter in Standard Wok, but would be a very useful reminder in Duel; even if the SAOF were to reassure me that this IS indeed the SAOF for my "Player (Leader?) #4", I still have to cast around to double-check that "Leader #4" is indeed my Browns and not my Reds or my Oranges .... It would make it easier if it said/confirmed colour as well as Leader no., which should be a very easy coding task? You just have to choose names for the colours!! Could you choose short names like "Pink" rather than long ones like "Light Blue", which also causes "Dark Blue" ....? :wink:

Cheers,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue May 16, 2006 12:51 pm

korexus wrote:Egbert: The link http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... X&player=Y where X is the turn number and Y is the player number in question should allow you to see what orders (if any) have been entered. Note, the only people for whom links like this will work are the GM of the game and the player whose orders they are, so everyone else, don't even bother trying to cheat! :P

As Hryllantre is also in Mike's game, I'm tempted to think this is the same wrong link clicking problem. I added the orders sent check to help solve that, would people like more help, perhaps a big banner at the top of the SAOF, "Submit orders for PLAYER for Turn TURN NUMBER in GM GM NAME'S GAME NAME" or something?

Chris.
Okay, I entered the info for turn 16, player 6. There are orders there! So, what does this mean now? Did the computer just fail to process them? I have paused the game until we can work out a solution to this. Sorry all.
They can happen to you,

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue May 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Eagle_Eyes wrote:it is close to the end why don't you just give up

my armies are listed below
35 armies on a level 5
55 armies on a level of 4.3
63 armies on a level of 2

your armies
13 armies on a level of 3
40 armies on a level of 4

and both you eff is crap

you can't beat me and
Hey, Eagle Eyes, if that was so easy, come and try Duel and get your ass kicked!! ......well, maybe. You did apply to play it, right?

Cheers,
Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue May 16, 2006 4:46 pm

you can't beat me and
Not for one moment Eagle_Eyes do I doubt your strength...

Funtastick and myself have worked well together as BoV players and personally my knowledge of this game has grown, new tactics have been employed to cope with new situations. This is why the experience being gained here far outweighs our non-compliance with your -end-it-all-now-your-families-will-be-spared-post-...

How many armies does Raw have? and can we kill him off to prevent a VP?

So many questions, so little time, where will it all end!?!

Btw you miscalculated my armies, the M-1 certainly didn't help (Bah humbug)... I have 132 armies there just hiding in the Falklands :P

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 18, 2006 4:04 pm

Hryllantre wrote:
you can't beat me and
Not for one moment Eagle_Eyes do I doubt your strength...

Funtastick and myself have worked well together as BoV players and personally my knowledge of this game has grown, new tactics have been employed to cope with new situations. This is why the experience being gained here far outweighs our non-compliance with your -end-it-all-now-your-families-will-be-spared-post-...

How many armies does Raw have? and can we kill him off to prevent a VP?

So many questions, so little time, where will it all end!?!

Btw you miscalculated my armies, the M-1 certainly didn't help (Bah humbug)... I have 132 armies there just hiding in the Falklands :P
10003873 Armies at level 9.999

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Thu May 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Oh...and since you checked for H's orders last turn, can you check to see if the system missed EE's orders from 2 turns ago?

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu May 18, 2006 8:25 pm

It's Egbert's call what to do about the turn, I have however realised that orders entered were not necessarily entered before the deadline, a player could manipulate the links to enter orders after the turn has run then complain that the orders were not processed. Not saying that happened here, just that it could happen.

To close this loop hole, I've added a time stamp to the orders, from now on if a player's orders are not processed, we can check not only if they were inputted but also when, so hopefully this issue will no longer be a problem. As for the case in hand, I guess the turn should stand espeacially as, if there is a bug, it already hurt EE earlier on so to rerun now would be unfair on him. As I said though, Egbert's call.

In other news, in order to cut down the risk of entering orders for the wrong game, I've added a line of text at the top, to say 'enter orders for player #(player number), (playername) for turn #(turn number) of (GM name's) (GameName). All those variables look a bit confusing on the screen, so I suggest you just look at the SAOF. Along the lines of Han's colour suggestion, your player name shows up in your player colour, just to help out when playing multiple positions.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Eagle_Eyes
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Eagle_Eyes » Fri May 19, 2006 10:13 am

well if you want to fight on i will have both of you killed in a few turns.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Fri May 19, 2006 12:00 pm

Well, I guess without definitive answers, let's press on without rerunning the turn. Everyone has 24 hours to enter orders, and then I will run the next turn.
They can happen to you,

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 19, 2006 12:36 pm

korexus wrote: Along the lines of Han's colour suggestion, your player name shows up in your player colour, just to help out when playing multiple positions.
Wow. You gave what I asked for AND improved on the solution, yet again. (Player name appearing in correct colour in font). I'm duly impressed, yet again.

Many thanks Kor,

Han

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm

Poddy Mouth :p

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Fri May 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Well, everyone who is left has submitted orders, so I am running the turn.............

:)
They can happen to you,

Eagle_Eyes
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Eagle_Eyes » Mon May 22, 2006 11:19 am

bye bye funtastick i believe i go before you this time
H don't try to run face up to my armies
:twisted:

Eagle_Eyes
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Eagle_Eyes » Tue May 23, 2006 12:39 pm

egg on my face funtasic had more armies than expected this is getting enjoyable

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Mon May 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Well played EE the game was yours many rounds ago, as we all fought each other whilst you grew....

You deserve the VP's alone I reckon...