GM Tyler Islettes

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:45 pm

You have successfully applied to the game
GM Tyler

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:18 pm

Turn 00 will commence on Feb 2nd. I have sent ut a confirmation email. Please confirm that you are still itnerested in playing.
GM Tyler

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:22 am

GM_Tyler's - Group 04 Islettes. Turn #-1, next turn due in 67 hours and 43 minutes
The game is ticking but we have no starting province...

Butcher sort it out mate :P

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:35 am

Starting provinces are sorted out ON turn 0, Hryllantre.

But I don't really understand why not run turn 0 right away, Butcher?

trewqh

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 am

So in 60 odd hours time our starting provinces will be randomly generated and we can begin...

I don't think that happened in my first game - GM Duke's Classic so I was a bit confused tbh...

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:29 am

You had every right to be. We have ten players so we could start whereas now all we do is wait more days to start.

On the other hand I might not know everything about WOK-ON. Although I think I can call myself a WOK vet this game is only my second WOK-ON game.

Maybe Butcher is waiting for confirmations from all of the players not to give an advantage in diplomacy to players who visit the site more often than others.

trewqh

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:22 pm

Because this game took so long to fill up I sent notification emails to everybody to make sure they still wanted to play. Players who just go m-3 right away are no fun.
GM Tyler

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm

Turn 00 has been ran and the game has begun. Good luck everybody!
GM Tyler

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:40 pm

trewqh wrote:You had every right to be. We have ten players so we could start whereas now all we do is wait more days to start.

Sorry, Trewqh my friend, I'm with Butcher on this one. If the waitlist has built up over weeks (months?), then you don't necessarily have "ten players". Newbies might have gone elsewhere, new players might have tried one game and called it a day, vets might have RL stuff now they didn't have 2 months ago ....

So it's worth pausing to mail people about the imminent start, and ask them to confirm that they are still up for it. Otherwise lots of M-1 on Turn 1, lots of M-3 on Turn 3?

It's a pity, and a delay, but probably necessary, right?

Go, Ada! (Oh, and my clanmate Trewqh too!).

Cheers,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:37 pm

Yes, they could work at the Danish Embassy in Syria for example.

Seriously, I agree with you Hannibal that a reminder of some sort would be useful. However, how hard can it be to check in every now and then to see if it has started? There is like 72 hours between turn 00 and turn 01 so it isnt really a "speedy game" we have here.

Frankly, I feel we need a more active community as a whole. That would make members checking in every now and then. When Caster makes it official I would like to place a vote for the trading between clan idea he has.
First one here, last one to leave.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Duke wrote:However, how hard can it be to check in every now and then to see if it has started?
Hmmm, hate to keep disagreeing with my friends here, but: Duke, you are ASSUMING that they still WANT to play, and only have to check in to see .... I'm catering for those who no longer want to play (they signed up 5 weeks ago) and are not TRYING to check in every now and then .... they still spoil it, so you have to weed them out before the game starts?
Duke wrote: Frankly, I feel we need a more active community as a whole.
Yep, definitely. And your comments/posts on "Duel" have been?! :wink:
Duke wrote:When Caster makes it official I would like to place a vote for the trading between clan idea he has.
Sounds v interesting .... and an initiative .... Caster, tell us more?

Cheers,
Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:40 pm

Han my friend, :)

You commented on the first part of my post somehow skipping the third part which said:
Maybe Butcher is waiting for confirmations from all of the players not to give an advantage in diplomacy to players who visit the site more often than others.
Maybe I should've added that I have nothing against "Butcher waiting for confirmations" to make my message more clear.

"trading between clan idea" :?: Sounds intriguing :!:

Bring it on! :)

trewqh

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:57 pm

trewqh wrote:
You commented on the first part of my post somehow skipping the third part
You're complaining I ignored the third part of your post?? Hell, I've done posts where everyone ignored the last 27 parts of it!!

Han

CrazyPsycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by CrazyPsycho » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:42 am

well, I always get 'a new wok-on turn has been run' messages, so I don't see the point to it really

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 am

Hannibal wrote:
trewqh wrote:
You commented on the first part of my post somehow skipping the third part
You're complaining I ignored the third part of your post?? Hell, I've done posts where everyone ignored the last 27 parts of it!!

Han
LMAO :P Zing! (better stop this before Raw starts singing about us two in a tree)

Is that vomit on the wall behind you there CP?

And I get that message as well CP. Everyone else probably gets it too but what Hannibal is talking about is people quitting. They probably mark that message and press the spam button.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 am

Han > I wasn't complaining. :)

Duke and CP > You're both right on one hand but on the other waiting 2 or 3 days to take chance at having at least one less quitter ina grooup is worth the time.

trewqh

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:55 am

trewqh wrote:Han > I wasn't complaining. :)
I know you weren't. I just couldn't resist the temptation to use it to poke fun at myself! If only for Duke's enjoyment.

Han

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:40 pm

Hannibal wrote: If only for Duke's enjoyment.
Han
Scchhhhh!!! Stop it. Raw hasnt found out about us yet. He'll tell my wife for sure.

About the next fishing trip. Should we do like last year? (Last line only makes sense if you've seen Brokeback Mountain)

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:46 pm

CrazyPsycho wrote:well, I always get 'a new wok-on turn has been run' messages, so I don't see the point to it really
The turn notifications are great, however for some people it still gets filtered into their bulk mail so they never recieve it.
GM Tyler

Ada
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ada » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:16 pm

yahoo identifies it as spam