New Game and New WOK Parameters - Caribbean WOK !!!

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Ruben
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ruben » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:53 pm

I have some programming experience. I'm not very good at it though. Maybe if you explain it to me, I could be of some help :)
I'll send it in an email tomorrow as I'm going to sleep now :)

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:28 pm

Duke wrote:Spungebob is the man!!! Dont leave us. I'll bring more players, I promise!
If you can get us a grade A programmer so we can hack into the WOK 5 source code while Al isn't looking and fix it, that'd be great Duke. I'd love you forever. :lol:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:08 am

korexus wrote:I have an email button underneath my post :P Alternatively send it to gm_chris@kaomaris.com and it should reach me eventually. php is nice and easy, if you've got any programming experience. I could do with a new coding slave to help fix bugs in WoK On ever since my last one left to make a fortune in oil wells...
Your coding slave???? YOUR CODING SLAVE???? :shock:
I thought you were my coding slave...

Dameon wrote:If you can get us a grade A programmer so we can hack into the WOK 5 source code while Al isn't looking and fix it, that'd be great Duke. I'd love you forever.
The main problem here is that AL lost the most recent version of the WOK5 code in a disk crash... He sent me and Chris an older version of the code (and it seems to work), but I have no idea what changes he did after that. Al promised to look through more of his old backups and try to find a more recent version, but I haven't heard from him yet...
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:48 am

Mullog wrote:
The main problem here is that AL lost the most recent version of the WOK5 code in a disk crash... He sent me and Chris an older version of the code (and it seems to work), but I have no idea what changes he did after that. Al promised to look through more of his old backups and try to find a more recent version, but I haven't heard from him yet...
Come on, with an attitude like that how do you ever expect to have a slave of your own?! The WoK Online engine was written almost entirely without reference to the original code (the only time I looked at it was to check the percentages with spying). There is a list of all updates made to the engine floating around here somewhere and we'll probably change a whole lot in making the dangnabbit thing anyway. Advanced WoK *will* be automated, we don't need Al's code!

Hmm, a pig just flew past the window...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:19 pm

On your mark.............
Get set................
Begin waging war!............................

Oh, wait a minute. The Caribbean just imploded. Errrr, Korexus? Someone? What happened:

Running turn for: 13, turn nr:0

Notice: Undefined variable: missed in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/Game_Engine.php on line 769

Notice: Undefined variable: missed in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/Game_Engine.php on line 769

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/kaomaris/public_html/phpNuke/modules/Lobby/include/classDB.php on line 236

Well, despite the above computer garbage, it appears that the turn worked. Deadline set for 1 week to allow negotiations. Please let me know if you did not get your turn report.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:54 pm

This is what I will reply to Nick next time he goes off on the WOK4-Luck issue again:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /Nick/kaomaris/wok4/attitude/luckvsskills/include/historyofrubbish.php on line 236
First one here, last one to leave.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Egbert. None of that causes a problem, but I should probably stop it being reported at some point. Basically the check for players missing turns is skipped on turn 0 and then I presumably refer to it on line 769. The implode is something to do with the OOP, as long as you have one for next turn, everything is fine...

Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:20 pm

Hmm, just had a look at the house rules for Egy's game. It seems they could be summarised a whole lot by a human. How about the option for GMs to overwrite the house rules text? (This would also allow evilly inclined GMs to change values and not tell the players... :twisted: )

I'm not doing it unless at least 3 people post to say it would be a good idea. (I think I should make that my sig.)

korexus.

Ruben
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ruben » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:24 pm

you seem to like work
Good idea :P

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 pm

I say it would be a good idea (work,work,work,work)

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:21 am

Korexus

I have done some limited programming but only on old stuff you probably have never heard of:

Fortran, Ada, Pascal, C++

It may take a bit to dust off the cobwebs but if you are really desparate I could lend a hand.

I would need access to php I guess. Any suggestions?

:wink:

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:27 am

I once did a game in Basic on my C64. It was a wizards hat that was suppoused to avoid falling objects. Is that of any....guess not.

Ruben
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ruben » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:32 am

Duke wrote:I once did a game in Basic on my C64. It was a wizards hat that was suppoused to avoid falling objects. Is that of any....guess not.
Wok Wizards?? :idea:

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:15 am

A wok wizard would be what I am

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:31 pm

Apparently, not everyone got their turn report for turn 0. Anyone know why, or how this can be corrected immediately? I will pause the game if necessary.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Klis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Klis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:30 pm

I have no problems with mine.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:24 pm

There must be something wrong with the Leaderboard. Brykovian is on top. That isnt possible at any point in a WOK game.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Duke wrote:There must be something wrong with the Leaderboard. Brykovian is on top. That isnt possible at any point in a WOK game.
HAHA....Duke, you toy.

I didn't get my TR notification.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:46 pm

I didn't get any TR notification but I can view my TR without any problems.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:I didn't get any TR notification but I can view my TR without any problems.
Yeah...I can view mine too. I just got lucky though and checked to see if the turn ran. I hope that works after turn 1 runs.

I probably won't last more than 1 turn though, as I am close to the all mighty Duke.