Turn Reports

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Xechortariaste
Recruit
Recruit

Turn Reports

Post by Xechortariaste » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:15 pm

Any chance of changing the colours in the turn reports? Specifically the orange and yellow? It looks great against the dark blue background, but... I don't know about anybody else :oops:, but I like to print out my turn reports, and the orange and yellow just does not show up well on computer paper. The green is fine, and the lighter yellow of the links is printed in black... and admittedly, if I couldn't figure out that it was supposed to say "Order of Play" before the 8-5-10-7-2-9-6-3-4-1 I'd be in trouble anyway...

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:15 pm

There are a few people with you on this, but that's why there's a "Click here for text version" It's still a bit shaky but I think that it'd probably be fixed pretty easily with a little nudge. I like the color scheme... that's why I came up with it :lol: :P I'll probably defend it to the death.

En guard... :flamer:
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Xechortariaste
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Xechortariaste » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:55 pm

Yes... the text version is nice, but if it's gonna be awhile before the "Still not perfect" label is taken off it... :1hour: I can deal with it, it was just an observation...

:boxburn:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue May 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Is there any chance that a WOK-ON turn can run as soon as orders are received from all players? That way, depending upon who is playing, the game can almost run at its own speed.

For that matter --- if we are going to get really daring --- how about a game with no commentary by the GM necessary --- just a setting that turns will run every X hours (e.g., 72), or when all orders are received, whichever comes first. This would allow for full automation, with no need for a GM really. :)
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue May 10, 2005 6:54 pm

It already does it's own commentary EG
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue May 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Egbert wrote: For that matter --- if we are going to get really daring --- how about a game with no commentary by the GM necessary --- just a setting that turns will run every X hours (e.g., 72), or when all orders are received, whichever comes first. This would allow for full automation, with no need for a GM really. :)
We are basically at that point.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue May 10, 2005 7:08 pm

Really? I am playing in GM Josh's Suburbia, and it appears that the turns are being run at a set point, and are not being run early --- when all orders are received. If we are "at that point," then why doesn't the turn run early?

Also, are you saying that the commentary is from a computer, and not from the GM?!?!
They can happen to you,

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Tue May 10, 2005 7:14 pm

Egbert wrote:Also, are you saying that the commentary is from a computer, and not from the GM?!?!
As far as I know the commentary is done automatically by the WOK online game engine (thanks to Korexus!).

GMs might have the option to edit the commentary, I am not sure about that one.

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue May 10, 2005 7:35 pm

The commentary (mentioning who attacks where and whether it succeeds as well as any vote) is automated, the engine is also capable of mentioning missiles fired by players, but this is currently disabled at Taker's request until I get round to turning it into a game option. The GM is capable of editing the commentary in any way he sees fit however.

The games currently have a fixed turn around, I'm generally in favour of this as it allows reminders to be sent easily and players who get their orders in early have plenty of scope to change them if the need arises. It wouldn't be hard to set up a game the other way though.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue May 10, 2005 8:29 pm

Egbert wrote:Really? I am playing in GM Josh's Suburbia, and it appears that the turns are being run at a set point, and are not being run early --- when all orders are received. If we are "at that point," then why doesn't the turn run early?

Also, are you saying that the commentary is from a computer, and not from the GM?!?!
Well, it does everything but run the turn early.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue May 10, 2005 9:00 pm

Which is good since I usually put in orders and then change them now and then depending on how the diplomacy goes.
First one here, last one to leave.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed May 25, 2005 6:42 pm

Well, what if the computer spits out an email to all players, as soon as the last set of orders is submitted, notifying everyone that the turn will run in 6 hours (or something like that).

That way, everyone has enough time for last minute changes, and we are not waiting 2 entire days for an automated turn to run, after everyone has submitted their orders.

Duke, if you need more time for diplomacy, just don't submit your orders until they are ready.

Come on people, we need to speed up this game when all of the players have submitted their orders! :sleeping:
They can happen to you,