Hannibal's simpler Battle Calculator for WOK4

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri May 13, 2005 8:15 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Raw wrote:
This is a stupid arguement.

-Raw
I guess you mean "argument". This is not a Brit vs American thing, it's just wrong in both. You're American; I would never criticise use of English from someone for whom it was their second language!. (Confess it's your second language, Raw, and I'll exempt you! .... maybe it is .....) But it goes to our argument ....... And you expect the rest to still believe you are verbally adroit enough to come up with Hannibabble, my own invention you copied? Gedardaheer! No chance!

And, yes, it's a stupid argument/arguement. Particularly from the POV of the loser! I just first picked you off on this one: it undermines your credibility on anything you say from now on, as we go on to debate the other points you raised!! Want more?

Hannibabble
Hannibal is god, I am sorry. But...really, what is your point here?

Your job is to right, thus you r good at tit. If I toad you to write me a test case on a application, you would probably screw up two. ;)
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri May 13, 2005 8:16 pm

Donut, we should make a baby together and call it hannibabble.....just so we can remember this pointless argument.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 13, 2005 8:45 pm

Donut wrote:This argument is aggrivating the crap outta me! Not because it's stoopid (but it is that as well), but because you're not arguing about anything. Who cares who used it first? If the shoe fits... Who cares if he misspelled argument (it comes from argue so its not like he's a complete idiot). I don't think you've reduced Raws credibility any more than he does purposely; but your are killing yours by carrying on with absolutely ridiculous "slams."

If you guys are gonna argue, at least throw around real mud, none of this friggin "You misspelled this word; therefore, I am the winner."
No, you miss the point. Normally spelling doesn't matter, but it goes to the credibility of Raw as a name-maker, and hence his credibility in anything he claims. He just lies. Don't believe a word. And it was Raw who answerede by switcing the debate to what he calls me ... you make the classic mistake of ascribing the burden of displacement to the winner instead ofvthe instigator ..... Now, back to the main point, my post of a few posts above, Raw being an unfeeling bastard when I was away with my father dying. Does that count asd your "real mud" ?? - now that I've undermined Raw's credibility on anything he claims. Raw, without YOU switching it to whether I've accepted your name for me or not (classic displacement), what's your answer on this main charge!?

~ Hannibabble/ Prolix
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 13, 2005 8:51 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Raw wrote:
Hannibal wrote: Well, I toyed with the idea, and took a look ... Hard to find ... it's not on the List-All-Games?

But one of the unpleasant players had already signed up, so I thought it would prob be more unpleasant than enjoyable, so I'll pass. Maybe one day when there's a friendly sporting game needing a tenth player .... Till then, I'm not that bothered!

~ Han
FU
Raw at his most eloquent. That merely encourages me to say why the enmity.

My father was on his deathbed. I went to be with him. I fitted in 10 minutes to throw some orders in and pass to a clanmate if I wasn't back. I even found time to tell Raw/GM Ryan why I might be absent, before I took the train.

Days later, my clanmate in the game asked GM Raw for an extension of just 2 days till I'd be back to take up the reins on this complex plan I had had us working towards for turn 11 ....GM Ryan/Raw ran the turn and started his commentary with "I don't want to be a jerk, but I'm not granting this extension." The jerk! The unfeeling jerk. Lowest of the low. Most GM's grant ANY pre-requested extension of a day or two. I did when I GM'd. And Raw didn't, in a case like that! Hey, it's not the game (about my lowest poriority at the time), but what it says about Raw, what he added to the week. The jerk. I think of my father, I think of the jerk Raw. (So, no, it's not about his nap-breaking in a different game, it's mainly about his GM'ing in that game.) He added to the pain, the jerk. But other people were comforting, thanks.

Hannibabble
Donut, I can't believe a person of your calibre got sidetracked when Raw and I sidetrasked it.

WHAT is your response on THIS, above, the main argument?? I await a reply?

~ Babble

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri May 13, 2005 8:54 pm

Once again Han, you dug up a dead thread. Then you walked around the point. Now we are back to the point again.

The point is...this is old news.

Are you on a bender today?

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri May 13, 2005 8:57 pm

And...to answer your question....no I am don't feel bad for what I did. It's a game, and you shouldn't care that much either. You missed a freaking turn cause you Dad was dieing, so what?

You don't really want me to go any further than that, trust me.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 13, 2005 9:09 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Raw wrote: FU
Raw at his most eloquent. That merely encourages me to say why the enmity.

My father was on his deathbed. I went to be with him. I fitted in 10 minutes to throw some orders in and pass to a clanmate if I wasn't back. I even found time to tell Raw/GM Ryan why I might be absent, before I took the train.

Days later, my clanmate in the game asked GM Raw for an extension of just 2 days till I'd be back to take up the reins on this complex plan I had had us working towards for turn 11 ....GM Ryan/Raw ran the turn and started his commentary with "I don't want to be a jerk, but I'm not granting this extension." The jerk! The unfeeling jerk. Lowest of the low. Most GM's grant ANY pre-requested extension of a day or two. I did when I GM'd. And Raw didn't, in a case like that! Hey, it's not the game (about my lowest poriority at the time), but what it says about Raw, what he added to the week. The jerk. I think of my father, I think of the jerk Raw. (So, no, it's not about his nap-breaking in a different game, it's mainly about his GM'ing in that game.) He added to the pain, the jerk. But other people were comforting, thanks.

Hannibabble
Donut, I can't believe a person of your calibre got sidetracked when Raw and I sidetrasked it.

WHAT is your response on THIS, above, the main argument?? I await a reply?

~ Babble
It's only old news in the sense that you haven't answered it yet!

Now that I've shown your propensity for lying, what is your reply to the MAIN charge of being a heartless b*stard at the time, huh?

~ Proudly Hannibabble

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri May 13, 2005 10:22 pm

My opinion is that it's Raw's call. Not about to second guess a GM's decision. Raw has a record of running turns quickly and I'm pretty sure it's not the first time he's denied an extension.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri May 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Declining an extension due to a dying family member does sound a little harsh, especially as most GMs will extend the deadline for the smallest of reasons.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat May 14, 2005 1:09 am

Hannibal wrote: Normally spelling doesn't matter, ......answerede .....
~ Hannibabble/ Prolix
Good thing.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat May 14, 2005 1:12 am

Hannibal wrote:.... sidetrasked
~ Babble
And again.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just trying to lighten the mood. Of course sitting here with a pint of my homebrewed Cream Stout also helps.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sat May 14, 2005 1:42 am

TK wrote:Declining an extension due to a dying family member does sound a little harsh, especially as most GMs will extend the deadline for the smallest of reasons.
I didn't extend it cause it was the 3rd turn in a row they asked for one. Back then, I use to run turns every 48-72 hours. I didn't like delaying them, but I allowed it a few times. I was just tired of the requests and said no.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat May 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Donut wrote:This argument is aggrivating the crap outta me! Not because it's stoopid (but it is that as well), but because you're not arguing about anything. Who cares who used it first? If the shoe fits... Who cares if he misspelled argument (it comes from argue so its not like he's a complete idiot). I don't think you've reduced Raws credibility any more than he does purposely; but your are killing yours by carrying on with absolutely ridiculous "slams."

If you guys are gonna argue, at least throw around real mud, none of this friggin "You misspelled this word; therefore, I am the winner."
Very well said Donut, it's too sad for words.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon May 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Yeesh -- I take a couple of days out in the wilderness and I missed the return of the Baron! At least when BR stopped taking his meds he was quick to spare the rest of us and simply quit posting (after a couple parting shots, of course).

I can vouch for Ryan that he is *both* creative enough to come up with a goofy nickname for someone *and* a heartless bast*rd. 8)

The first I heard the "Hannibable" thing was from Ryan, although I also saw others using it around the same time. Does it really matter? It's not a very big creative step to get from one to the other. Also, not exactly sure how you can put 3 posts together down that path, then brush it off as someone else's deflection -- looks like it worked.

I remember that Ryan was annoyed at getting so many extension requests from the same clan-pair in a game. As a GM, I can say that most of us have been there. After the whole incident was said and done, I remember talking with Ryan about it. I'm sure it'll never look right from the other side, but I'm convinced that it wasn't something he did lightly, and it was based upon having the Vulkings consistently asking for extensions and not something personally targetted at you in order to kick you when you were down in RL.

So, you've returned to the game with both knives drawn and flashing ... tredged up an old thread to smak Dameon around while he's away for a couple months (nice timing, btw!) ... and with that thread cooling off you came back after your pal, Ryan, who apparently still twists your knickers. Perhaps you can find a 6-month-old thread that Calidus posted on so that you can go after him now that he's retired!! ;)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon May 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Brykovian wrote:Yeesh -- I take a couple of days out in the wilderness and I missed the return of the Baron! At least when BR stopped taking his meds he was quick to spare the rest of us and simply quit posting (after a couple parting shots, of course).
"when BR stopped taking his meds" :lol:

About the other stuff. Not even going to touch it. I treat this whole thing like an argument between my daughters where I wasnt there to know who is right. Quit it before I go after both of you and you have to team up to handle it Trust me, it works. (Not here I guess, but at home)
First one here, last one to leave.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon May 16, 2005 2:34 pm

Duke wrote:
Brykovian wrote:Yeesh -- I take a couple of days out in the wilderness and I missed the return of the Baron! At least when BR stopped taking his meds he was quick to spare the rest of us and simply quit posting (after a couple parting shots, of course).
"when BR stopped taking his meds" :lol:

About the other stuff. Not even going to touch it. I treat this whole thing like an argument between my daughters where I wasnt there to know who is right. Quit it before I go after both of you and you have to team up to handle it Trust me, it works. (Not here I guess, but at home)
I'm thinking of us as two chicks mud wrestleing. Does that work for you?

And Bryk, thanks. No more days off for you. I coulda used your post a few days back ;).

-Raw

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon May 16, 2005 4:32 pm

Bryk...what's manastorm?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon May 16, 2005 4:41 pm

Raws alter ego as a pro mudwrestling chick

*zing*

8)
First one here, last one to leave.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Mon May 16, 2005 4:50 pm

Duke wrote:Raws alter ego as a pro mudwrestling chick

*zing*

8)
You'd love to see me in a T back :)

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon May 16, 2005 5:14 pm

Raw wrote:You'd love to see me in a T back :)
Didn't know that a beer gut and back hair is what got Duke going ... ;)

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess