Roll Call.

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

Roll Call.

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:06 pm

Well, Wookie is almost finished, we have all sorts of bells and whistles and (we think) we're just putting the finishing touches to the lobby now.

One such touch is to list the clans which all players are in. Once everything is up and running, Clan heads will be able to remove/accept players from/to their clan, but everyone needs to be in there to begin with.

In my usual job as slave to Al and Rune, I'll be adding everyone to the list. It would make my life much easier if I knew what clan everyone was in! Could clan heads please post here with the names of everyone currently in their clan? - Mercs post yourselves. Please don't try being helpful and posting details for other people. If your clan is lacking an active clanhead -mentioning no names :roll: - Just have a mutiny or something...

Thanks,

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:07 pm

Valn Ohtar: Dameon, Bjorn, Gaz, Duke, Raven, Strider

I know that the VO page isn't totally up to date but that's b/c it bounces between myself and Bjorn as clan head and we have two different pages up....I will try to get on that.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:23 pm

The Brotherhood of Vayuna:
Lord Fredo
Funtastick
Donut
Crazy Psycho
Mortikal
Lakers

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:01 pm

smashface = merc!!!
God of WOK

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:49 pm

Ditto.

But I have a tough time believing Smashie's signature, Maybe he misspelled Queen?
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:21 am

Put me in for Merc too.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:09 am

Not sure if Mylantis is around right now so...

First Family:

Mylantis 8)
Undertaker :smokingdevil:
Covenant :peek:
Allister Fiend :smokingdevil:
Warped Angel :swearing:
Thin King :pure evil:
Calidus 8)
Nemesis 8)
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:01 pm

Not much life left in DOW it seems, so I have given over to GRIFFON to bring back the Clan to play a more active role.

Besides the two of us the Clan page reads:
Queen Pea
Skankerad
Butcher
Moridin
Ja' Jang
Ja' Ded
Father of Blood

as members. Please give our Clan leader some time to reorganise - I hope with the start of the first WOKON season and the upcoming Clan integration into the lobby we get to be yet again an active Clan within the WOK universe.

Two important reminders: Clan Heads should send Chris (and me possibly) asap their Clan logo (125x125 pixel in jpg/gif format) so we can get the Clan pages going. Also the lobby will keep track of all players status (active/inactive) according to their last login - possibly 30 or 60 days. Inactive players will lose their Clan affilation and will need to reapply to their Clan Head once they get to be active again.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:23 pm

1st off... You forgot someone Al... Dark Monk

Also... does that mean that we're getting new clan pages? I'll wait for an answer before I jump to conclusions...

1 more thing... why does the Logo have to be so small? Can't it be a little bigger? I was thinking 150x200 maybe.... Now I just have to fit our clan name on it. Why does our name have to be so long :cry:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:41 pm

I think you can put Skankerad off that list Al. He is looking at 1-3 for a "misunderstanding" with a bag of different drugs. (Seriously)

/Duke (brother of S.)
First one here, last one to leave.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:09 pm

Al, I wish you'd check before volunteering me for stuff. I already got mightily confused by Nick's email... :?

We'll be making a clan member database in the next couple of days, so that WoK-On games can list the clans each player is in. After that we will expand to include some form of kaohalla and ratings. After that we will have a chance for clan pages, so you don't need to rush too much, Donut...

Any more clans out there for the list?

griffon
Recruit
Recruit

Post by griffon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:29 am

Hey Al - why do I have to read here that I am clan head? :shock:

We had few mails flying and you just disappeared; keep an eye on your inbox - I might drop you something. 8)

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:45 am

@Griffon: Disappeared ? Me ? Afaik I answered all your mails and welcomed your will to take over the Clan, sorry if some email got lost on its way there.

@Chris: I was more talking on "long-term" plans for the Clans, to be taken step-by-step. Top priority is of course to get WOKON going.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:52 am

The Vulkings

Validon
Mullog
trewqh
Hannibal
Lille

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:03 am

Yaro, any chance of a BoT listing?

Is there anyone from SoOff out there?

Does anyone want to claim;
Zed,
Xero,
Xechortariaste,
Tristao,
Tomb Raider,
The_Last_Paladin,
The Kraken,
TBert,
ReyBucho,
Papercut,
Mr Piggy,
Melonus Maximus,
Mac An Ghiola (or however he spelled it),
Lardmaster,
Kake,
Kasier Mojie,
Jadg,
Heir Squire,
Gorzag,
Goat Herder,
Equus,
Ecrivian,
Eagle Eyes,
Coolant,
Casablanca,
Carlow,
meathead,
dr ozeric,
amgor.

If so please shout up.

I know some of those people have been AWOL a long time, but I don't mind associating them with a clan I just can't be bothered looking them all up! If you haven't been mentioned on this list it's because I've never seen you in a game or on the boards (or you're Doverish, Temujin or Nestalwe, in which case I already put you down as mercs) Now's your chance to shout up if you want a stat line! (Although entering a game will eventually start off your stat line anyway...)

phew, and to think, I could have gone to sleep tonight...

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Here's what I can remember off the top of my head.

Zed - BOT,
Xero,
Xechortariaste - BOT,
Tristao,
Tomb Raider,
The_Last_Paladin,
The Kraken,
TBert,
ReyBucho - BoV,
Papercut,
Mr Piggy - BoV,
Melonus Maximus,
Mac An Ghiola (or however he spelled it),
Lardmaster - Merc,
Kake - BOT,
Kasier Mojie,
Jadg,
Heir Squire,
Gorzag,
Goat Herder - BoV,
Equus,
Ecrivian,
Eagle Eyes,
Coolant,
Casablanca,
Carlow,
meathead - VO,
dr ozeric - BoV,
amgor.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Jadg was a former member of AS, before we changed to VO. TBert is technically a current member of VO, but I don't believe he's active.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:53 pm

I havent seen Tbert in ages.

Was it only me or were there striking similarities between Piggy and Papercut? Both dissappeared too.

I miss all those wierd Irish guys. Why did they all leave? Couldent have anything to do with us, could it?

Also oldtimers like Tristao and Coolant and Dyana needs to be pinned down and forced to return to our shores.

Ecrivian too since I need some easy ones in order to improve my odds a tad. :wink:
First one here, last one to leave.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Piggy disappeared twice... Papercut was one of a group of about 4 players who joined, then all disappeared at exactly the same time. I think we should start looking to the oldtimers as well. With WOK:ON almost ready we should be capable of having a waitlist open almost at all times. WOK5 will pick up when we get some new meat to play.

Donut

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:14 am

Well... EC reporting for duty sir, maam, erm, sir.... I was an in-active member of the Square of 144 but it seems that two of our members have gone merc and Ben has been well Ben.... crazy drunken Irish *expletive deleted* anywho... if the Square has been disbanded/fallen into oblivion I feel that I'm gonna have to be put down as a Merc.... hmm.... maybe I should join up with some old colleagues.... if they'll have me that is...

Anyone want the only five year vet without a single VP?

Nick please save your wise arse remarks for private/your feeble minded conversations with yourself, you need not waste everyones time by posting them.

Any objections? didn't think so.... motion carries Nick's feeble minded remarks shall be furthermore banned from this thread ;)

Ec
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.