Recent updates

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Recent updates

Post by Donut » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:53 am

I had a question about something I noticed in one of the new lobby options. When making a game, which I assume will be limited to GM's, will the lobby know me as Donut as well as GM Josh or will I need to login seperately as I do now for the Kaobase?

Any other new additions that we might be interested in?

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:50 am

I have added a new admin page to the site where you add (and remove) GM's. There you enter the GM-name of the player. So you will be known as both Donut and GM Josh if that is what you want.
Oh, and the game setup is limited to GM's of course. I think I added you as a GM while testing if the stuff worked properly. :)

Other news? I am almost (but not quite) done with moving Chris' scripts for WOK Online into the new pages. When that is done it should be very easy for you folks to start test games whenever you want!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:16 pm

I have a gripe. No not a grape, a gripe.

When WOOKIE becomes operational... I think it would be wise to "Streamline" how the rating system is kept. I have no problem keeping track of it, but you may have noticed that I only do it after a couple of games have finished because of the work involved. If the amount of games being finished doubles... yea... that's a lot of work :cry:

Donut

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:23 pm

Donut is now known as GM_Rent_Boy.

As for ratings, WoK-On should be able to cope with it, but it is lower priority as GMs can take care of that sort of thing if they try. Maybe we should restart the flamer/discussion on ratings so we can finalise stuff?
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:39 pm

I tried about a month and a half ago... Massie said he was going to try too... Massie?

Donut

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:29 pm

Boo ratings! I think it should always be up to the GM to track them or not as he chooses. I guess I don't really care if WOOKIE is programmed to track ratings for my games as long as those ratings are not used for anything other than ego purposes. Heck, I am honestly not sure why we bother to keep them now, but whatever makes people happy I guess.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:04 pm

Actually Nick those ratings serve a HUGE purpose.

They are there to let everyone know that TK is a better player than you are. :twisted:

Lets see if I can get a rise with that statement.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here