Test Game

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:23 am

Ok, the game has started. Nine players are signed up. (Player 9 is Brykovian, I just forgot to add his name!) Anyone can view the page at http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4online/view ... PlayerNR=0, I've PMed each player with a link for them to use, I'll run turns once a day as apparently some of you people have real lives and can't do turns hourly...

Find some bugs for me people!

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:23 am

And Skarn's filled up the last place, we have a full game. Yay.

Skarn
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Skarn » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:16 am

That's only five Scholars in the game..

I'm guessing that this game doesn't count towards the Champs...?

- I'm also assuming that some sort of protection will be in the final version so that I can't send in orders for all the other players (as it seems I can do at the moment)

- Is this some sort of averaging error? This happens if you have no armies in any provinces.
LEVEL
===
===
0 a.

- Can we have the EFF as a % rather then just an intiger ?

- Can we have a space put in after 'reach' ?
Your EFF decreases by 3 % to reach69

- This shouldn't be a plural.
------The defenses lost 0.1 points!------ should be:
------The defenses lost 0.1 of a point!------

- The game at http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4online/view ... 0&player=1
Doesn't seem to recognise the TEC Aim.
A Scholar and a gentleman !

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:55 am

What'd you do? It was working fine earlier. You're right about the EFF... I think I even put a space in when I color coded it. I think you're right and wrong about the DEF though... I think both work.

It should also be noted that Xarfei had accumulated all 999 Tech points allowed, so no more could be produced.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:50 am

Donut's right about the TEC, if workers on any aim can't produce the full amount of something without going over the limit, they produce a reduced amount to take you to the limit and the TR tells you this.

There's probably missiing spaces all over the place, I'll zap that one now!

I guess you could call the level thing an averaging error. The engine has added up lots of 0 * 1 values and returned 1. I'll put in a special case to cover it...

I'll try to put a % sign after the EFF. Could be hard though! :P

The syntax for lost defense is the same as the original WoK 4 TRs. I'm pretty sure it's ok grammatically. Unless you read "0.1" as "one tenth" - I read it as "naught point one"...

And yes, the pages will be secure, through the main Kaomaris site login. Rune's working on it as we speak, Aren't you, Rune?! :wink:

Chris.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:16 pm

Good job so far, progress all the way.

Keep in mind we want to appeal to new players, so it might be a good idea to give a little more text feedback to them then just "EFF is 69" :roll:

Better make the little effort and say something along "Your EFFectiveness drops to 69%". Another part to look "professional" includes full integration within the site (including design) but Ive seen Runes & Chris first draft of this and we are getting there. Still love Donuts coloring, makes things look more like the 21st century hehehe...

Too bad I will kick your butts in the testgame !

PS: nitpicking - I like "Provinces" with a big "P" always :P (german crazyness, forgive me)

PS2: once the site is running in secure mode for games and players Id like to point out that any violation of security issues or hacking into someone else's account or into restricted site areas will result in immediate and permanent banning. Just to make sure I mentionned this along the road.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:07 pm

Someones gonna get banned!
gm_al wrote:Good job so far, progress all the way.

Keep in mind we want to appeal to new players, so it might be a good idea to give a little more text feedback to them then just "EFF is 69" :roll:

Better make the little effort and say something along "Your EFFectiveness drops to 69%". Another part to look "professional" includes full integration within the site (including design) but Ive seen Runes & Chris first draft of this and we are getting there. Still love Donuts coloring, makes things look more like the 21st century hehehe...

Too bad I will kick your butts in the testgame !

PS: nitpicking - I like "Provinces" with a big "P" always :P (german crazyness, forgive me)

PS2: once the site is running in secure mode for games and players Id like to point out that any violation of security issues or hacking into someone else's account or into restricted site areas will result in immediate and permanent banning. Just to make sure I mentionned this along the road.
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:23 pm

It's gonna be so hard to resist looking at Raw's TR...
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:50 am

Turn 1 is out. Validon is having issues accessing the game page, Lardmaster has discovered that there is no headhunting check. If anyone else has anyting to say, let me know!

http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4online/view ... PlayerNR=0

Skarn
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Skarn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:54 am

- The 'averaging' of army level is broken, unless of course I had an infinitely large number of 1.000 level troops....
LEVEL
=====
=====
1.000 a

- Should the 'score' for those who didn't submit a turn go down ?
DM 340 -> 325, Val 298 -> 280...

- You haven't updated the OOP....

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:12 am

If I'm not mistaken...Donut head hunted Xarfei?
korexus wrote:Turn 1 is out. Validon is having issues accessing the game page, Lardmaster has discovered that there is no headhunting check. If anyone else has anyting to say, let me know!

http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4online/view ... PlayerNR=0
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:25 am

Indeed he has head hunted me!

Donut, WHY????

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:17 am

Hey, whats that supposed to mean ?? I did dubmit orders on time ! :shock:

Reminds me the Players still might to need some proof (email) that they submitted orders - also to check them back easily. And while we talk about the AOF - I always liked the "comment" textbox in the end...

And again, I DID submit orders. RE-RUN, RE-RUN !! Muahahahaha !

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:33 am

This is more like it :)

Al, check the link I sent you. apparently I sent Rune the link for your player, so maybe you got Rune's. Then when he sent orders he overwrote what you'd put in...

Level, I appear to have done a very patchy job making sure the level reported as 1 when a player had no armies. I'll get that fixed for next turn.

I don't know what should happen to the scores off hand, although you'd expect them to go up. I'll check.

I'll try and get a head hunting check in for the next test. (Not much use adding it now...)

OOP is meant to update itself. This was working before, I'm sure!!

Chris.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:08 pm

Well from the link

http://www.kaomaris.com/wok4online/view ... PlayerNR=8

it is clearly visible that Im NOT Player#8, but rather Player#7... now the new AOF doesnt tell you anything about Player number or such, so I made the mistake to TRUST your links :? :P and that funky Player#8 (which happens to be yourself, geesh) supposedly overwrote my early orders.

Short recap:
- player needs to see Game number, Player ID etc. on the AOF (just to make sure)
- AOFs need a "Comment" box (or some other form to contact the GM in question, maybe this can be done later on easily through the Lobby)
- engine has to check if orders for that Player were already sent, and if that was the case ask the player if he wishes to overwrite the existing ones
- send a copy of the orders through email to the player submitting them

Ok... Ill get you all next Turn ! :P

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:33 pm

Yeah yeah...
gm_al wrote: it is clearly visible that Im NOT Player#8, but rather Player#7... now the new AOF doesnt tell you anything about Player number or such, so I made the mistake to TRUST your links :? :P and that funky Player#8 (which happens to be yourself, geesh) supposedly overwrote my early orders.
Your confirmation page will have started with "Orders sent for player 8 on turn 1 of game 82" which is a hint. Also, once we move to the lobbyised logged in version of the game page, it won't be possible to see the wrong player's page.
gm_al wrote: Short recap:
- player needs to see Game number, Player ID etc. on the AOF (just to make sure)
- AOFs need a "Comment" box (or some other form to contact the GM in question, maybe this can be done later on easily through the Lobby)
- engine has to check if orders for that Player were already sent, and if that was the case ask the player if he wishes to overwrite the existing ones
- send a copy of the orders through email to the player submitting them
Instead of a comment box in the AOF, why not just have an email GM link on the game page? That way people can email the GM without having to submit orders at the same time.

Todays update will be to load the current orders for a player and turn when he goes to the AOF. That way he can change a single order without having to retype all the others. That should remove the need for an overwrite request...

Sending an email, we can do. But once the AOF is updated, players will be able to check their submitted orders from the game page anyway, so why not leave it at that?

Chris.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm

Hey Chris,
I'm not having any fun yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wink:

I still can't see the game page. I think it's a conspiracy against me. :evil:

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:58 pm

Did you check from home? Can you try from any other computer? You really do seem to be the only person having this problem! :?

Skarn
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Skarn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:23 pm

Validon wrote:I still can't see the game page. I think it's a conspiracy against me. :evil:
I had this problem in one of Nicks games. I put it down to a browser problem...IE couldn't see the page but Netscape could. I'm now using Firefox and it seems to be heaps better (although I still see some problems on some pages, but esentially it is stacks better then IE or Netscape).

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:22 am

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I can see the page from my home computer. It is probably too late to be competative in the game but at least I can see everything now.