GM Ryan Group 9 - Gardenic

All about the online version of classic WOK games.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:10 pm

Hannibal wrote:Or how about just a new starting position for Donut? Away from the crowd, somewhere in AF's rear (no pun unintended) :)
Donut is already a pain in the A s s as it is, don't put him any closer to my rear. :shock:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:31 pm

I'm so glad that everyone and they're friggin brother knows what I have in this game. I can't even count all of the spies that got me this turn.

Your Effectiveness Level : 50 %

A very angry Pastry
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:29 pm

See what happens when you get a little too ah..uhmm...wasted?

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:22 pm

Donut wrote:I can't even count all of the spies that got me this turn.
No problem, Donut! You know you can always count on me - it was 17 :D

trewqh

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:11 pm

:? AF has 10 provinces to sleep in? I know it was hard to figure out a fair split there, but 10 provinces? I wonder if his neighbours will think that they have a chance to win this game if they also decide to sleep :P

trewqh

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:43 pm

trewqh wrote::? AF has 10 provinces to sleep in? I know it was hard to figure out a fair split there, but 10 provinces? I wonder if his neighbours will think that they have a chance to win this game if they also decide to sleep :P

trewqh
They have just a good of a chance as I do Treq, diplomacy is a nice thing. :lol:,
Besides, when it's down to the 6 of us then we will all have 10 provinces and we will all be even. :twisted:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:23 am

Trewqh... just do what Yaro and Eggy did to me and Funty in Han's game. Get everyone to gang up on them... stoopid 5-on-2's...

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:04 pm

Allister Fiend wrote: Besides, when it's down to the 6 of us then we will all have 10 provinces and we will all be even. :twisted:
Nice try, but getoutahere! If we (or 6 excluding me) end up with 10 provs each, then the guy(s) who didn't lose any stuff fighting, and just slept, are waaaay ahead on lev and resources. Not at all "we will be even". It means the big sleepers are twice as strong as the others, as you know. Hey, I'm stuck not fighting, I may become a sleeper for the very first time in six games!!

If not, then diplomacy gets you your sleeping position in the first place.....and diplomacy should get people to realise that it ain't even, and that the big sleepers are the big threat, so gang up (egbert keeps a low score so as not to look like the big sleeper....all part of tactics and fun)

The scoreboard plays into the hands of the sleeper.......it underestimates lev for army stacks, and overestimates missiles that the actives need to take on the sleepers.....so it always helps the sleepers even more to hide their threat, and tends to set up actives as the high-scorers to ally against (right, Donut?). This is a bias towards dull, inactive, passive, sleeping play, that, at kleast, oughtta be changed...Nuff. :)

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:22 am

Group over.

1 VP for Yaro and AF.
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:02 am

Hey Allister....

Why did you agree to split this!!??

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:28 pm

TK wrote:Hey Allister....

Why did you agree to split this!!??
Because it has been a while since Yaro won any VP's and I am in the giving mood this Holiday season.

I know I would have kicked everyones asses in the long run(as usual) but the way it was going, Raw didn't want to give back what I had manually so he didn't leave me with too many alternative options.

:?

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:16 am

Well, that and the GMC decided it would be a fair split. Looking at the TRs, it is within the realm of possibility that working together Yaro and friends COULD have taken down Allister, especially with some lucky missile shots (which we KNOW happen in WOK 4, eh?). Of course, Allister might have taken away the 2 VPs as well, but the bottom line is it really was too early to be absolutely certain. I think this was the fairest way to settle this one, given all the options.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:34 am

Well if you wanna consider luck in WOK4 a option then either way I would have lucked out.

:lol: