Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Nefertiti
Recruit
Recruit

New here

Post by Nefertiti » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:52 am

Hello all

I would like to try your game. I have played games on and off for as long as I can remember so I dont think I will have a hard time learning.

As I understand it I need to join a clan, right? I have looked at the different clans but I have not chosen any yet.

I will be travelling some during the summer so I will not be really active until I go back to work in late august.

So, what do I need to do?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:35 pm

Have a look at the clan page and from there are the sites of the different clans and then see which clan you would like to join. :D

You can then mail the clan head asking him if you can join his clan. Always best to tell a little something about yourself in the mail.

If the clan accepts you, the other clan members will be available to help you out should you need any help in Kaomaris.

Once you've found a clan you can join a game (wok 4)...sadly there aren't any wok 4 games open right now...but i'm sure there will be in august (it's always slower in summer).

In the mean time go ahead and read the wok 4 rules and glossary. If you join a good clan (like the Scholars, home of both the wok 4 and wok 5 champion :lol: ) they will have addition help for you in their library in order to learn the game faster and better.

Though not to say that other clans aren't any good, the Brotherhood of Vayuna also has a reputation for being a great home for new players. And so something positive can be said about all clans currently around.

And if you really want to get in to the feel of things, just read the (friendly) banter here on the boards. :P

Have fun!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:41 pm

:stupid:

The one thing you really need to learn about this little world of ours is NEVER LISTEN TO SAL!!!
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:49 pm

I 2nd that motion. :P

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:02 pm

Me too!

...no wait...that's not right! Now i'm confused...where are the Oxford boys when you need them! :oops:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words Sal. You are certainly more than welcome to join The Brotherhood where you could get pointers and help in your native tounge. :)
Välkommen till Brödraskapet!

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:36 pm

Lord Fredo wrote: and help in your native tounge. :)
Välkommen till Brödraskapet!
I doubt she needs help in her native tongue........she probably speaks it already..... :wink:

Jokingly,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:53 am

It is always nice to greet a new female in this game with an avatar that has bouncing b**bs. (I wonder what the censor would have done with that word?).

Anyway, I seem to be the one living closest to you so beware. Nice thing you put down as occupation btw. :)

Welcome

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:55 am

That first sentence didnt come out right did it? I am not saying that you have bouncing....eh I am...it was Sal who posted and his avatar sort of bounces...err.....did I scare her off? :oops:

Nefertiti
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nefertiti » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:36 am

Does everyone get as nervous as Duke when a female enters the game? Take it easy. I am sure Saladins little picture is more amusing to you people then it is irritating to me. :roll:

I will take another look at the different clans.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 am

Nervous? Who? Me? :roll:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:52 am

A warm and humble welcome to you, o mighty queen of the pyramids! :egypt:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:18 pm

Better not tell Duke too much about yourself Nefertiti...He has a way of remembering things and bringing them up again at the least opportune moments. :P

I see Han has opened up a new game, so if you've decided on what clan to join you can join his game right away. :D

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:32 pm

I would never!!!

Right X-wing? :wink: (that still cracks me up, I'm going to look at that thread again. I'm telling you. It is a thing of beauty)