Committee Nominations

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Dameon

Committee Nominations

Post by Dameon » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:48 pm

The current terms of the WSC and GMC are coming to an end on July 1, and in my role as Chair of the WSC I would like to make an effort to make the transition as smooth as possible. I am going to be moving to limited 'net access shortly, so I'd like to get the elections done now, to be in place to take effect on July 1 (instead of starting this whole process on July 1). This will also allow the new WSC Chair to setup their own WSC page, since I am not going to be able to update the one I maintain over the summer.

We first have to confirm the WSC, after which, the WSC elects the GMC. So, here is what is going on. I am sending this information to all clan heads in addition to posting it here to ensure maximum exposure. According to the WSC governing rules, long-term reps must be elected before clan reps are confirmed/chosen. Long-term members are described as members who have been around for 2 years or played in at least 20 games or GMd at least 10 games. We are going to elect one rep for every five long-term members. Since trying to figure out exactly who is long-term is a sizeable task, I am asking clan heads to help me address their members and send me a list of two things:

1) Who their long-term members are
2) Which of those members wish to run for the WSC
3) Who their chosen clan rep is for the next year
4) Which GMs in their clan would like to run for the GMC

In the case of a clan rep also being elected as a long-term rep, then the clan head will be contacted again with a request to choose another player. I would like clan heads to get this information to me ASAP, preferrably within the next four days. Once I have info from all clan heads, I am going to send out one massive email to ALL long standing members instructing them on who is running for the rep positions and how to vote on them. When all is said and done, the WSC for next year should be fully elected/appointed in one weeks time, hopefully.

As for the GMC, those elections will be held immediately after we have a full makeup of the WSC, but to keep the clan heads (or myself) from having to do too much work I am asking for those nominations at the same time. Finally at that time, I will also run the elections for the WSC Chair for the following year, who basically gets to maintain the webpage and go through all this rigamorale next June. :D

Phew! And who said beauracracy wans't fun?
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:30 pm

Am I a long standing member?

Under my current nickname I haven't either been hear for 2 years or finished 20 games (counting only the ones recorded in Score tables). But actually I've been here since around the end of 1999 and have defenitely played more than20 games since then. (If you count the ones, that weren't finished for that reason or another, I suppose I'd reach 30 easily)

I don't think there are any rules regarding that issue. :P

trewqh

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:00 pm

I'd say yes. There is a rule about not having more than one nickname for scoring purposes, but you never tried to claim any old VPs or the like under your new name. Certainly there's no rule saying you can't change your name and keep your old VPs even if you wanted to (although I'm sure Ben would argue for one). As far as I am concerned, you qualify, but if somebody wants to debate that we can take a quick WSC vote if necessary. I'd rather not in the middle of all this right now, though.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:25 pm

Well, trewqh sums up the spirit of "long standing member" at any rate so I guess there's not really a huge discrepancy here. As I recall, that rule was only put in to make sure dedicated WoKers had a strong voice on the WSC and trewq certainly counts as one of those...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:31 am

OK. I hope no one has objections to that.

Another thing:
Somebody will have to figure out our long standing mercenaries. A tough job, I guess. Isn't Temujin the only more or less active mercenary right now?

trewqh